11/20/21 Pre Thanksgiving coffee!

BunkerdCaddis
Stoker Coal Boiler: Bairmatic-Van Wert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Van Wert VW85H
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II working when I feel the desire, Waterford 105 out on vacation, Surdiac Gotha hiding somewhere
Coal Size/Type: pea/nut/rice/stove-anthracite, nut/stove bit when I feel the urge
Other Heating: oil fired hydronic

Post by BunkerdCaddis » Sat. Nov. 20, 2021 12:31 pm

Good afternoon all,
Didn't get here before lunchtime, got a load of Lehigh bagged hauled this morning, and now have some cleaning up to do after the crew finished putting the roof on the addition of my coal boiler room. Now I have the wiring, ceiling, insulation and all that kind of stuff to do before I can hang pipe and install the boiler. But we are making progress...

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Nov. 20, 2021 8:57 pm

Thanks for keeping the coffee going! Another busy day..... 4 hours to help a neighbor with a one hour job. Sheesh! He's got snow treads and an oil change now. Then, my carpenter buddy stopped in and we worked on the new porch for the afternoon. Then Scotty came by & we out the WoolWax to his plow truck. In my spare time I got the snowblower mounted onto the John Deere. Good thing that Thanksgiving is almost here. I have a lot to be thankful for!

Peace, out.

hank2
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1400 WH ciculator; 1880's small cannon in reserve
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: small New Yorker oil fired boiler; mostly used for domestic HW

Post by hank2 » Sun. Nov. 21, 2021 12:04 am

I'll dunk the sock with used grounds in a pot of hot water and settle. We visited some friends up North today that I hadn't seen since early in the year. His wife is a cook without compare. Best chili I EVER had along with other things. The chili ingredients list must have had 25 items. My tiny pile of 2.8 tons of nut has been seriously knocked down in only 3 weeks. It looks like another year of quick burn coal. All the better deals on bagged are a good haul away. I will need at least another ton to make it through. Have a fine Thanksgiving, all!

HandFire
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS 110
Coal Size/Type: Stove/Nut

Post by HandFire » Sun. Nov. 21, 2021 9:47 am

StokerDon wrote:
Sat. Nov. 20, 2021 7:48 am

I felt that way yesterday morning. Ended up being late for work! :lol: Oh well, it felt good.
Blame it on HB, he started it. Or ya could hope for a couple more three mornings like that, they do feel good.

25° early and this squirrel is enjoying another lazy Sunday morning.

Attachments

2021-11-21 09.29.03.jpg
.JPG | 91.5KB | 2021-11-21 09.29.03.jpg

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Nov. 21, 2021 1:08 pm

Thanx Barry--another Sat. at Freddy's--- busy week-end getting ready for winter-- don't seem to ever end!!! LOL Enjoy people. :)

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Wed. Nov. 24, 2021 7:50 am

Mornin'
'Hump Day'....day before Turkey Day.......have a great Thanksgiving guys/gals......stay healthy, warm, and safe traveling. Bring the leftovers to Freddys on Saturday. HB emptied the pantry last week!!!!!!!
Cheers

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Wed. Nov. 24, 2021 9:17 am

I do seem to chew through the Fine Leftovers here! As usual,it's again a little hard to believe that Thanksgiving is almost upon Us!! Perhaps a "Special Thanksgiving Coffee" may be in order!! It might come in handy as You "Give Yourself Da' Bird"!!

Return to “The Coffee House”