Freddy's Coffeehouse-Wet Snow Special! 13Nov2021

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Nov. 13, 2021 4:31 am

Greetings & Good Mornings!! Stoves are shook down and loaded,Come On In!! As it appears a decent sized "Happy Time? Cold Front" is upon Us,We've tossed Da' Place and rigged for a Winter Weekend! In the N.E. Ohio,Da' "Ohio White" is a flyin' as I type! Toss in a couple of Good Ol' Fashioned "Alberta Clippers" and We've got Snow till' Monday! Of course,it's early and We're on the Roller Coaster as it's forecast by the "Weather Guesser's" to hit 60* & windy on Wednesday!🤣 Ahh... The Shoulder Months.. On a Brighter,or Dimmer Note(Depending on just how "Snappy" You want the Folks that touch Your Food to look!) We've got Our Faithful,Crotchety,Rickety & Mostly Brilliant&Caring Galley Staph(Yeah,Just Like Da' Infection!) already cranking up and out the Wondrous Breakfast Delights O' Da' Day,just for All Of You! Freetown Fred hit a Deer on the way in(No Truck Damage,Da' Native Wildman had His Plow On!) so We'll have the unique Venison/Pork Fresh Sausage,coupled with Your Garden Variety & Usual Sage Pork Sausage available! Both are lean by design&grind,so You're covered! Bacon by the bucket,and for those of You that are behaving,We've ground some Special Turkey Sausage so that You can "Savor Da' Flavor". Todd,Warm & D-frost are hard at it,and after I separate from this keyboard,I'll be KP'n the Taters and Onions! Oatmeal,Buckwheat Pancakes,Belgian Waffles and Texas Toast of All Varieties will be a flyin' out to Ya' by Der Order! In between Smokin'&Jokin' on the Galley Porch,FFred's Spanked Out some Fresh Churned Butter,along with the In-House Formula of Fresh Half-N-Half for Your Coffee&Tea Pleasure! Whew,I almost forgot about the Great Collection&Selection of this years' Fruit Jams,Jellies and Preserves! Push Us,and We just may have made up a Dutch Oven full of S.O.S. to ladle over Your Texas Toast Pieces(Note-All Bread Varieties Freshly Baked &Just Delivered by Our Resident "Breadman"Lightning (Lee)!) Christ,that's enough of Da' Food for a moment,dontcha' think? I found in the mailbox a letter from Izaharis(Leon) who let me know that he's still tickin',and so is his Heart! Good Deal as he Valiantly prepares to fight yet another Ithaca,NY Winter! It's also Great to read that Jack(Den) and his Bride are doing the S.E. PA Polka Together and "Hanging Tough" as Ephrata&Emmaeus PA's Own Major Dick Winters would advise(Yep,the Bastogne Battle Of The Bulge Anniversary is coming up!)
Can You tell that this whole Long Winded Blowhard Blast has been fueled by Sandusky Bay's been put to bed for 6 months?😂
How Bout' All Of You? Are Ya' Holding Your Own? On An Adventure? Up To Your Royal Neck In Multiple Projects? Spill it on the Table,and let Us Revel In Da' Share!! In closing,Live Along With Freddy By "Hugging Your Loved Ones" and "Forward We Go"!! Oh,Yeah,P.S.,I personally cleaned the Men's and Ladies Rooms for Your Sanitary Comfort and Confident Convenience! Some of You travel a Long Way to get here,so I'd be damned for not giving it the White Glove Treatment,and earning the Good Housekeeping Seal Of Approval,whatever the Hell that is!!... Hey,Thanksgiving' in a couple of weeks,fill in and move up by maybe checking in on the Busted Up,Lonely and Lost around You,it'll put a Shine on what's left of Your Soul!! Toodles!!
Last edited by Hambden Bob on Sat. Nov. 13, 2021 7:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

Hambden Bob

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Nov. 13, 2021 5:24 am

Wow! That was a Blast! I know a Heart's a terrible thing to waste,but Cripes,according to that read,I look like a dreaded combination of Mary Poppins,Phyllis Diller and Carol Burnett..... I Shall Surely Burn In Hell For All Of This!! But Hey,Really,You're All Worth It At This Exciting Time Of The Year!!

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Sat. Nov. 13, 2021 6:47 am

Amen is all I got HB!!!! What a post, snow, wet snow here too house nice and toasty. Busy week trying to get everything ready for winter, about there. Vacation for me this week so that should give me plenty of time to get caught up. I want to say Thank You to all the Veterans on this site! Sit back relax have a cup or two at Freddys this morning!

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Nov. 13, 2021 6:59 am

Mornin'
HB......Did you stay at a 'Holiday Inn Express' last evening??????.......sloooooow down!!!!!!!!

And, with that, I think I'll have a nice hot cup of coffee, thank you, HB
Cheers

Hambden Bob

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Nov. 13, 2021 7:15 am

Naw.... I found that with today's early wake-up,something broke loose,filled with the Joy of Da' Season! I'm figuring that what really broke loose was most likely a blood vessel inside my head! Enjoy the Self-Deprecating Humor that only a Grunge such as myself can bring to Freddy's!
Oops,gotta go! Dog's barking after We just heard a "SMASH" outside Da' House! Probably some Poor 55+Mph driver just blasted a Deer,for real! Yep,my Old Fire Station's up the road,and I'm starting to hear 1st unit out siren's... Never a Dull Moment!

BunkerdCaddis
Stoker Coal Boiler: Bairmatic-Van Wert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Van Wert VW85H
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II working when I feel the desire, Waterford 105 out on vacation, Surdiac Gotha hiding somewhere
Coal Size/Type: pea/nut/rice/stove-anthracite, nut/stove bit when I feel the urge
Other Heating: oil fired hydronic

Post by BunkerdCaddis » Sat. Nov. 13, 2021 7:41 am

Good morning HB and all,

Waxed eloquent this morning did we HB, ah it's good for what ails us all. Personally I'm not quite a week post covid so now I got a bunch of catching up to do. The good news is my builder is coming to frame up my utility room next week so my Van Wert hand fired will finally have a home. All the good builders I know have been so busy this past year. Well I'm off to do chores and fix it projects and hopefully get a load of coal in.

Cheers All :yes:

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Sat. Nov. 13, 2021 7:49 am

Some tasty food this mornin’, and I thank ya’ fer it. Sip’n a cup of Joe at the moment.

We had some rain and snow flakes falling here in southern west central Ohio last night after dark. Big ol’ flakes over in Richmond, Indiana and for a few minutes thought it might let loose.

Thirty one (31) degrees here this morning.

First chore of the day, put my new stove pipe in place, then replace my door and window gaskets. Then of course, it will be time to fire this puppy up.

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Nov. 13, 2021 8:19 am

Good morning. Travel mugs are full and the Expedition is pointed West. We are blasting off for Syracuse at 0900. My oldest son has a hockey game at 3, and the home team has offered to bring us to a Syracuse Crunch game at the War Memorial.

In other news, I have a new hockey hauler in the fleet. My grandmother left me her Suburban. This isn't just any Suburban, it is 3/4 ton and geared like a log truck. Maybe that is why it has a 42 gallon gas tank? 1997, never seen a winter, and very well maintained. So far all I have done to it is replace the thermostat. It runs and drives great.

I hate to be the first one to drive it in salt, but considering the mileage 168,000 I think it will work out fine in the end. I am having undercoated next week so that should help.

Attachments

IMG_20211113_072441.jpg
.JPG | 154.8KB | IMG_20211113_072441.jpg

tsb
Stoker Coal Boiler: Binford 2000
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Pioneer top vent
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II
Baseburners & Antiques: Grander Golden Oak , Glenwood # 6
Coal Size/Type: All of them

Post by tsb » Sat. Nov. 13, 2021 8:22 am

HB, are we holding our own ? Don't we always ?

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Nov. 13, 2021 8:35 am

Hambden Bob wrote:
Sat. Nov. 13, 2021 4:31 am
Can You tell that this whole Long Winded Blowhard Blast has been fueled by Sandusky Bay's been put to bed for 6 months?
Took me a half an hour just to read all that HB!
Rob R. wrote:
Sat. Nov. 13, 2021 8:19 am
In other news, I have a new hockey hauler in the fleet.
Nice Hockey Hauler there Rob! That is still my favorite GM truck body style.

This week we've been working on the AHS insulated fan plate conversion for the 1959 Axeman. We finished the conversion yesterday. Today we'll probably finish up a few maintenance items, then it will be ready for Winter.
IMG_0003.JPG
.JPG | 332.4KB | IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0007.JPG
.JPG | 359.7KB | IMG_0007.JPG
Have a good weekend everyone!
-Don

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Nov. 13, 2021 8:42 am

Rob,
Nice looking 'burb......???454 cu. in.???.........we have our vehicles sprayed underneath with 'fluid film' every October to combat the road salt.........does a decent job.
Cheers

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sat. Nov. 13, 2021 8:56 am

Wow, all I want for breakfast is whatever HB had... in moderation of course! That was quite a read!

i like the new ride! Good luck getting stuck with that one!

I spent a day at Mayo Clinic this week and it was so eerie, reminded me of the movie 1984. Intercom repeatedly reminding people to wear masks, distance, etc, 1000's of people walking straight lined like zombies, nobody talking to anyone they werent with except nurses of course. Long spread out single file lines waiting to be allowed on elevators, 5 person limit per ride. If they had all stuck their arms straight out they would have looked like zombies. Yep, 1984. God bless the nurses... I could never work there.

The last of the toughest leaves on the red oaks and basswood got blown off by snow and wind so it must be winter now. I keep dreaming up projects to do before the snow gets waist high but thats about done. I have a short drive into Iowa today to get a Facebook find then hard to say what trouble I'll find.

Theres nothing like fresh roadkill to get the heart thumpin' regular. I'll take the leftovers! take care

ASea
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Kast Console II
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Coal Chubby
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114, Glenwood 30 "Estate" Warm Morning 120
Coal Size/Type: Sherman Anthracite Nut/Stove from C&T Coal
Other Heating: Peerless Boiler with Cast Iron Baseboards

Post by ASea » Sat. Nov. 13, 2021 11:05 am

Rob R. wrote:
Sat. Nov. 13, 2021 8:19 am
In other news, I have a new hockey hauler in the fleet. My grandmother left me her Suburban. This isn't just any Suburban, it is 3/4 ton and geared like a log truck. Maybe that is why it has a 42 gallon gas tank? 1997, never seen a winter, and very well maintained. So far all I have done to it is replace the thermostat. It runs and drives great.

I hate to be the first one to drive it in salt, but considering the mileage 168,000 I think it will work out fine in the end. I am having undercoated next week so that should help.
Those old Suburbans are absolute tanks! And a 2500 to boot. What motor? As I recall 454 was still an option in 97' Either way that is solid! Get the good mineral oil undercoating! Reminds me I need to schedule my F150 for undercoating. You'll get 300k out of it no problem.

ASea
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Kast Console II
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Coal Chubby
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114, Glenwood 30 "Estate" Warm Morning 120
Coal Size/Type: Sherman Anthracite Nut/Stove from C&T Coal
Other Heating: Peerless Boiler with Cast Iron Baseboards

Post by ASea » Sat. Nov. 13, 2021 11:52 am

Had a cup off coffee and a good BS session prior to leaving the Fire House this morning. Came home to sausage egg and cheese on a bagel and a note that my wife was running errands. She got the Chubby going in my absence, and managed to keep it that way. Very proud! She is a very thrifty gal and is making it a point to learn to tend the coal stove due to the insane cost of heating oil. About $3 a gallon currently here in MA. We are becoming increasingly serious about obtaining an add coal boiler. I've been on marketplace and reached out to a few members on this forum. I've got some excellent prospects. More to come on that. Two vehicles need oil changes, so that's my plan for this afternoon. Sausage Onions Peppers in the crockpot for dinner. That'll get served over rice. Have a blessed weekend!

buffalo bob
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 354 and a 254
Coal Size/Type: anthracite nut

Post by buffalo bob » Sat. Nov. 13, 2021 12:54 pm

good day all. great b fest made my own coffee this am got tired of that old sock stuff..lol..windy and c0ld here few snow flurries the old hitzer doing its job, cranked it up to 400 this am...its all the winds fault..well college football on so see ya...B.B.

Return to “The Coffee House”