06Nov. CCCCCold Coffee

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sun. Nov. 07, 2021 4:43 am

Here I am, a day late & an hour behind. Brrrr, about 23 every morning this week. The heat pumps are keeping up, but the Axeman Anderson is ready to take over. It won't be too long.

I have laryngitis.... can you tell? I guess my neighbor got rid of his cold by giving it to me. Yuck.

Hang tight.... Hug your loved ones & forward we go!

anthony7812
Stoker Coal Boiler: VanWert VA 400
Coal Size/Type: Buck/Anthracite

Post by anthony7812 » Sun. Nov. 07, 2021 7:01 am

Mid 20’s yesterday morning and this morning in Colley. The van wert has a fresh bin to naw on, I was only bucket’n it until I was sure she wouldn’t fizzle out over night. I’ve been hashin the idea around to install a sidearm or a plate exchanger on my water heater for some time. As fate would have it I’ve bumped into the hvac friend of mine twice this week (haven’t seen in 2 years) We spoke of the sidearm install and I’m ordering the parts. Going with a tube in shell sidearm. 2 birds 1 stone deal I hope. Keep enough demand to prevent an out fire and drop this 300 electric bill down before I start making the kids hand spin a windmill. Stay warm fellas. Tell the ones you care about you love’m.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Nov. 07, 2021 8:02 am

Whoops--------------------------------------
Last edited by freetown fred on Sun. Nov. 07, 2021 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Nov. 07, 2021 8:03 am

LOL--indeed H!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
HandFire wrote:
Sun. Nov. 07, 2021 4:34 am
FF she's not leak'n, she Breathing. Just tell her not to huff and puff too much and you do them same!

ziggy87
Stoker Coal Boiler: axeman anderson 130
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by ziggy87 » Sun. Nov. 07, 2021 8:13 pm

Well I finish up the rest of the coffee. Hopefully not too much sock lint in the bottom of the pot. Busy weekend here. First thing I had a gas steam boiler that was not working. Found a bad gas valve, so not heat till tomorrow. Mowed 6 yards for hopefully the last time this year. Saturday night I removed a leaking oil boiler and we set a Harman Mag Stoker in its place at a friends house. That will be this weeks project to get up and running.
Today I finished up and Axeman boiler that was leaving today. Got boiler loaded up and it off to its new home. It’s nice to finally eat dinner and sit in the lazy chair.
Hope everyone had a great weekend! Stay safe out there and think positive. Hopefully it will be Friday before we know it.
Jason

ASea
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Kast Console II
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Coal Chubby
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114, Glenwood 30 "Estate" Warm Morning 120
Coal Size/Type: Sherman Anthracite Nut/Stove from C&T Coal
Other Heating: Peerless Boiler with Cast Iron Baseboards

Post by ASea » Sun. Nov. 07, 2021 8:46 pm

ziggy87 wrote:
Sun. Nov. 07, 2021 8:13 pm
Well I finish up the rest of the coffee. Hopefully not too much sock lint in the bottom of the pot. Busy weekend here. First thing I had a gas steam boiler that was not working. Found a bad gas valve, so not heat till tomorrow. Mowed 6 yards for hopefully the last time this year. Saturday night I removed a leaking oil boiler and we set a Harman Mag Stoker in its place at a friends house. That will be this weeks project to get up and running.
Today I finished up and Axeman boiler that was leaving today. Got boiler loaded up and it off to its new home. It’s nice to finally eat dinner and sit in the lazy chair.
Hope everyone had a great weekend! Stay safe out there and think positive. Hopefully it will be Friday before we know it.
Jason
Nothing worse than an oil leak! Home Heating Oil Stinks!

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sun. Nov. 07, 2021 8:52 pm

It made me tired just reading about your weekend Ziggy! Now thats a busy weekend!

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Mon. Nov. 08, 2021 4:19 pm

Might as well jump in late, had plenty of coffee last week hunting in Va. New gun worked well, not as accurate as I wanted but had no time for load development. Using custom bullets at $2 each, I also did not waste many. Still, I got 6 for the Saturday to Saturday hunt and the group got 15 with 4 gift deer from the natives making it 19. It was a beautiful week, ending with some 28 degree days in the morning. Saw a buck of anyones dream leaving the hunt one night, driving my truck naturally. Back to work I guess. Have a good week everyone and get well CB.

ziggy87
Stoker Coal Boiler: axeman anderson 130
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by ziggy87 » Mon. Nov. 08, 2021 7:40 pm

ASea wrote:
Sun. Nov. 07, 2021 8:46 pm
Nothing worse than an oil leak! Home Heating Oil Stinks!
No the boiler was leaking water luckily not oil!

LouNY
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer fireplace insert
Coal Size/Type: nut
Other Heating: oil

Post by LouNY » Tue. Nov. 09, 2021 7:54 am

Well morning Gents;
No fire here yet only down to mid 30's last night did down to the 20's a couple of nights.
The mini splits are doing the required heating quite well so far.
The Hitzer is set to go, new door gaskets, new firebrick, charcoal ready to be dumped in.
Do have to bring up a pallet of nut yet.
Working on breakfast right now, biscuits just came out of the oven, sausage gravy is simmering on the stove top,
when that's done I'll fry a couple of eggs and eat then think about what I'll do today.

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Wed. Nov. 10, 2021 8:08 am

anthony7812 wrote:
Sun. Nov. 07, 2021 7:01 am
I’ve been hashin the idea around to install a sidearm or a plate exchanger on my water heater for some time. As fate would have it I’ve bumped into the hvac friend of mine twice this week (haven’t seen in 2 years) We spoke of the sidearm install and I’m ordering the parts. Going with a tube in shell sidearm. 2 birds 1 stone deal I hope. Keep enough demand to prevent an out fire and drop this 300 electric bill down before I start making the kids hand spin a windmill. Stay warm fellas. Tell the ones you care about you love’m.
I considered a side-arm for my setup. I thought the plate heat exchanger would be an easier install, but after going through it I am not so sure. Side-arm will do a better job keeping the tank hot when you are not using any DHW, and is less sensitive to sediment/minerals. It will definitely take a big bite out of your electric bill, and help prevent outfires.

This is the one I was looking at: https://altheatsupply.com/side-arm-heat-exchanger-34.html

anthony7812
Stoker Coal Boiler: VanWert VA 400
Coal Size/Type: Buck/Anthracite

Post by anthony7812 » Wed. Nov. 10, 2021 11:25 am

yup already in my cart from that website. Now my question is 007 or 0015 3 speed? May want to start this on a new thread.

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Wed. Nov. 10, 2021 12:03 pm

anthony7812 wrote:
Wed. Nov. 10, 2021 11:25 am
yup already in my cart from that website. Now my question is 007 or 0015 3 speed? May want to start this on a new thread.
We love project threads. I don't remember seeing one for your initial boiler install, but if there is one just continue there.

Return to “The Coffee House”