Need good work dog trainingboots

Den034071
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer, 3095

Post by Den034071 » Tue. Nov. 02, 2021 10:19 am

Guys looking for referral .Im a size 15 so not much choice locally .Also i am out in dew grass so need waterproof .Same yard work .Rubber bottom pac boots i dont like .Please your comments .jack

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Tue. Nov. 02, 2021 10:42 am

Jack, just get a pair of insulated MUCK (Barn boots) -- the pup will love em!! Plus, ya won't be trackin a bunch of stuff inside--I'm sure Maggi won't mind that!!--Holy sht my old friend---SIZE 15--good Lord ya must be settlin!!! LOL

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Tue. Nov. 02, 2021 11:18 am

Fred, he has enough "feet" to spare you some, I think. Good Lord, Jack! You need some skis...scratch that...you already have skis. :lol:

Try googling Russel boots, Jack. There's Russel Bowhunter's they are called and they used to make a similar "Upland" model for bird hunters. Hand made, they used to be. A couple decades ago they weren't cheap...and likely still aren't.

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t

Post by Hoytman » Wed. Nov. 03, 2021 7:18 pm

https://www.russellmoccasin.com/boots/

Yep...they aren’t cheap...at all. Not sure if any have gore-Tex though.

Hoytman

Post by Hoytman » Wed. Nov. 03, 2021 7:32 pm

https://www.filson.com/accessories/footwear/uplan ... -000233394

https://www.filson.com/accessories/footwear.html

A lot of people complain about the price of Filson products...wellllll...eBay is a great place to save a lot of money on them.

I bought a brand new $500 Filson waxed upland coat for $140 on eBay. As well as it is made and as many pockets as it has...I just kept finding pockets everywhere...I would gladly pay much more for what I received.

One of my bird dog mentor and friend had his dad’s double tin pants that were 60 years old and full of holes. He called Filson about repairing them...and they sent him a new pair...no charge. That sold me.

I wouldn’t expect anyone to fully replace something worn out, and I wouldn’t take advantage of that, but if I wanted them repaired and they offered to replace them I probably wouldn’t argue with them. Folks, that is service.

Return to “The Coffee House”