Freddy's Coffeehouse-Fall Blend-23OCT2021

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Oct. 23, 2021 4:57 am

Greetings,Good Mornings And Communal Coffeeing!!🎯☕🌅🍽
This Ol' Bustout is making way this Cool,Moist Saturday Morning! We've got a Full Blown Fall going on here! Yesterday,We had a nice Little Tornado Outbreak occur in the afternoon as Da' Front barreled through! Seems Keepaeyeonit and I are good. Some damages here and there. Fortunate,Eh? We've got the Usual Cast Of "Character Culprits" in Da' Galley,kickin' up a ruckus,woolrich sockin' coffee,and brewin' up a Host of Breakfast Delights just for You Jokers!! Come on in,enjoy!!

ziggy87
Stoker Coal Boiler: axeman anderson 130
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by ziggy87 » Sat. Oct. 23, 2021 7:03 am

Good morning. The sock coffee smells good. I brought some fresh eggs from this week.
Got a busy day today. Going to pick up 4 ton of coal from a basement today. Then I have a few yards to mow. Hopefully the mowing is is about done for here. Have a Halloween party to go to tonight. Will be nice to get away from the kids for one night.
Have a good day everyone!
Ziggy

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Sat. Oct. 23, 2021 8:08 am

HB thanks for the opening. I’ll dice some ham up and scramble the eggs up to go with it! Tornados here too some folks got hit real hard about 20 minutes north of me. No injuries so that’s good. Rainy and chilly here about time to wake up the Hitzer. Have another cup and relax a bit on this cool morning! Have a good weekend guys!

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Oct. 23, 2021 8:13 am

Mornin'
Thanks for the coffee, HB.......yes, it's good!!!!! I thought about mowing the lawn, but.........with a wet and cold week ahead...nah!!!! I think I'll try a test burn in the Harman MK II tomorrow, or Monday. Stay healthy, and warm, gang.
Cheers

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Oct. 23, 2021 8:22 am

Good morning. My lawn needs to be mowed again, but today is not the day. It is 35 degrees and damp outside - I am holding out for a nicer day. Maybe I will get my ash tubs emptied - they are still full from April. :roll:

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. Oct. 23, 2021 8:29 am

Good morning gents, thanks for getting things started this very wet AM HB👍. Just rolled out of bed at 7:30😮 very late for me but i was laying listening to the rain hitting the roof of the camper, Good day for some kind of soup not sure what I’m going to make but it will be edible.
I think I’m going to get our coal next week although the price went up $25/ton but that’s my fault for not ordering it in the spring.
Ok people have a safe weekend/ upcoming week!

the snowman
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Jotul 507
Coal Size/Type: Nut, Stove coal, Egg coal

Post by the snowman » Sat. Oct. 23, 2021 9:39 am

Morning all,

Tornados!! Good to hear everyone is okay. Nothing like that here on the Tug Hill, just a lot of rain and 32F this fine morning. So, I'm going to put the ten cases of Red Bull over by the frig, Freddy you can move them to another location if you desire. I also put in the frig two gal of home made eggless eggnog.

Its a busy day today, moving parents lawnmowers and snow blowers around so they are ready for winter. Its going to be a long short day. I hope everyone stays safe this weekend. We are now one more day closer to the first snow fall.

The Snowman.

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Oct. 23, 2021 11:01 am

Sock Coffee & breakfast Delights! Can't get better than that.

Tornadoes? Yikes! Glad all ended well.

I made some calls this week to see about getting bagged coal for Scotty. Looks like it's not going to happen. Either fuel prices skyrocketed, or Maine is now much further away from NEPA. The cost of trucking is crazy at the moment. He shoulda ordered in July! We were looking to buy, but it's just not worth it in dollars at this moment. To the future we go!

Stay well.... keep smiling.

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sat. Oct. 23, 2021 11:13 am

Mornin' fellow black rockers! Another sunny but cool day, and that sure beats tornadoes!

Today and this coming week I continue on with winterizing. Have to start all my old trucks sitting around the place, seal up things from the relentless wind, and complain about winter a lot, lol

Trucking costs hit coal prices here too Freddy. Im sure its permanent. Oh well, thats life. Have a good one folks!

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Oct. 23, 2021 11:27 am

Freddy wrote:
Sat. Oct. 23, 2021 11:01 am

I made some calls this week to see about getting bagged coal for Scotty. Looks like it's not going to happen. Either fuel prices skyrocketed, or Maine is now much further away from NEPA. The cost of trucking is crazy at the moment.
The trucking on my load went up 30% compared to last year, due to fuel cost. I suggest calling around in your area - hopefully a few dealers stocked up over the summer and your friend can get what he needs for this winter.

buffalo bob
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 354 and a 254
Coal Size/Type: anthracite nut

Post by buffalo bob » Sat. Oct. 23, 2021 11:57 am

good mid day all...co detector went off this am, fixed that problem with some hi temp tape around the seems...got 2 types of stove pipe put together...bad idea..wont do that again..good thing had my coffee before the beebing started..donuts too...no wind going today and running the stove to low,usually have a great draft..well thats all the excitement for this week see ya next week ...B.B,

theo

Post by theo » Sat. Oct. 23, 2021 1:11 pm

Rob R. wrote:
Sat. Oct. 23, 2021 11:27 am
The trucking on my load went up 30% compared to last year, due to fuel cost. I suggest calling around in your area - hopefully a few dealers stocked up over the summer and your friend can get what he needs for this winter.
It's just with everything ,the cost is going crazy :baby:

theo

Post by theo » Sat. Oct. 23, 2021 1:32 pm

Freddy do u have a TSC store around you? I just bought 3 ton from TSC and it cost me the same as last year if i remember correctly. I pay about 323.00 per ton, about the going rate around here for bagged coal, could get bulk cheaper but i'am not going to fool with it.

HandFire
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS 110
Coal Size/Type: Stove/Nut

Post by HandFire » Sat. Oct. 23, 2021 2:47 pm

I think September and October switched places this year. I had more wood fires last month. Still way too warm for anything but start and burn out. I may have to stock up more wood at this rate. Going to save the coal when I need it. Getting pricey but my stash could strecth out 2 years. Got the annual Texas Tea Tank filled for almost double what it was last year but I saw that coming, like everything else.

Attachments

2021-10-23 14.44.43.jpg
.JPG | 172.5KB | 2021-10-23 14.44.43.jpg

hank2
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1400 WH ciculator; 1880's small cannon in reserve
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: small New Yorker oil fired boiler; mostly used for domestic HW

Post by hank2 » Sat. Oct. 23, 2021 2:53 pm

Good afternoon! I'll finish the dregs of the last pot and make another. Second coffee-up for me today. Just got back from a 40 mile round trip to take my used motor oil and antifreeze to the annual county drive through collection. Pretty slick. Light drizzle today.

I foolishly asked for a lighter load of bulk this year, then got shorted a good bit on what I asked for. Not the hauler's fault. So, guess I'll be running for at least a couple half tons of bagged. I called the hardware store that I bought bagged at some years ago. Yep, price is up and no more discount on half-tons. I'm planning on lighting up about next weekend. I need to get a fuel oil fill up soon. Current price is $.80 a gal. higher than last May and rising.

Looks like tonight will be our first trip into the 30's. Kinda warmer all next week with rain about every day. Enjoy the leaves!

Return to “The Coffee House”