COFFEE 10-16-21

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Oct. 16, 2021 6:54 am

Mornin'
Coffee is perkin' at Freddy's Coffee House!!! Let's have a cup on Freddy's deck before the cold weather moves in. The temps will be diving soon enough. Enjoy the 'leaf-peeping' week-end, everyone. Stay healthy!!!
Cheers

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. Oct. 16, 2021 7:30 am

Thanks D, yes the cool weather is here but so is the rain👎. I need to top off the bin before the price of coal skyrockets if it hasn’t already due to the fuel price🤬
I got lucky on Thursday as one of the stations i go to had diesel for $3.369 and everyone else was $3.699 and up! That's over a $18.00 savings when your getting over 52 gallons, its almost getting where I’m going to swipe my card 3 times ( $100.00 limit)to fill up😞
Ok enough of the depressing stuff, hope everyone has a good weekend, stay safe and “ forward we go “

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Sat. Oct. 16, 2021 8:48 am

D Thanks for opening up! I’ll fry up some bacon and eggs for us. Rain day here too if it’s stops I may go and pick up some lumber for my deck project. Need to get a new kitchen faucet and plumb it up also. Or I could just watch the rain and relax. Well fellows have a great weekend! HB must be sleeping in, rough night lol!

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Oct. 16, 2021 8:52 am

Greetings,Coal Helgramites!!🤣 This morning I find that I've aquired the correct type of Delta! WHAT?? Well,I'm implying that I woke up in the Stellar Borough of Delta,PA.!! Yep,all of your property values declined yesterday as I crossed over from Ohio! Myself,and my Wingman,namely the "Bald-Headed Polock Of Mirth And Merriment,Donny Obi Wan" have come to retrieve Stoker Don's Boiler Hauler One Ton Chevy Pick Up. Since We're now "Retired Gentlemen",We decided to do an overnight stay,instead of the 800 mile Banzai Kamikazi Double Live Gonzo All In One Day Trip! Whew,that was a decrepit mouthful! Stoker Don wanted You to know that his InterWeb Service has been down due to Provider Shenanigans,so You haven't seen him for a while. Until a new SIM card arrives in Da' Lightning Fast Snail Mail,he'll be MIA!! Anywhoo,We got to meet the Muy Excellento Coal Kirk(Terry) which was a thrill,to say the least! Due to Logistics and other High Stakes Baloney,We're going to head it back to Da' Ohio directly. I'd like to visit,but time constraints dictate otherwise. Going forward,We'll figure out a better organized PA Invasion to see some of You. I've got to shut down the Sandusky Bay Paradise spot over the next two weeks,then go from there! Sorry for writing this Long Epistle,but what Da' Hell,You'd expect it from me!! Take Care,Gang!!

Attachments

30104.jpeg

Coal Kirk/Me/Stoker Don

.JPEG | 608.3KB | 30104.jpeg

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Sat. Oct. 16, 2021 9:00 am

👍 HB gotta love the Coalpail network. Thanks for the update on Stoker Don was wondering when he didn’t do his Sunday night updates.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Oct. 16, 2021 9:02 am

Thanx D--just waitin for the torrential rain they've forecast!! Barn chores are done & off to recycle at 10 AM--NOW speakin of MOTLEY CREWS--look above--glad the trip is going well HB & Obi-Wan--oh well, enjoy the week-end people!! :)

ASea
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Kast Console II
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Coal Chubby
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114, Glenwood 30 "Estate" Warm Morning 120
Coal Size/Type: Sherman Anthracite Nut/Stove from C&T Coal
Other Heating: Peerless Boiler with Cast Iron Baseboards

Post by ASea » Sat. Oct. 16, 2021 10:04 am

Headed in this morning for a little OT at the Fire House. Stopped at Gourmet Donuts and got a coffee to go. Made an offer on an 1890 fixer upper last night. Fingers crossed! I cant help but wonder what I'm getting myself into here? Hoping to move to NH for a little freedom, firearms, and fireworks. And a little homesteading. Got in Touch with Dana at Lapans Antique Stoves. He's got some nice possibilities for our future heating requirements when the time comes. The shop is pretty close to home. Lot's on my mind! Have a blessed day!

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sat. Oct. 16, 2021 10:43 am

You all have me beat today or entertainment or work. I had my first hard freeze last night and nothing but sunshine here. The sound of grain dryers and combines is heavy outdoors as the crops are all coming out. Unsure what Im doing today but it wont be much.

PS, I found the hiding spot for the bacon. Its gone now!

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Oct. 16, 2021 10:47 am

Hello everyone. My load of coal from Lehigh arrived yesterday. Three houses will be warm for another season.
ASea wrote:
Sat. Oct. 16, 2021 10:04 am
Headed in this morning for a little OT at the Fire House. Stopped at Gourmet Donuts and got a coffee to go. Made an offer on an 1890 fixer upper last night. Fingers crossed! I cant help but wonder what I'm getting myself into here? Hoping to move to NH for a little freedom, firearms, and fireworks. And a little homesteading. Got in Touch with Dana at Lapans Antique Stoves. He's got some nice possibilities for our future heating requirements when the time comes. The shop is pretty close to home. Lot's on my mind! Have a blessed day!
MA to NH...not sure you will even know what to do with yourself. LOL Personally I think it is an excellent idea, and hope the house is just what you are looking for.

Hambden Bob

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Oct. 16, 2021 11:07 am

D-Frost,I Apologize!! Thanx For Openin' Da' Joint Up! Geez,Even Crinkles,The Coal Kitchen Cat Could Feel That Fall Is In Da' Air!! Next Stop,God Willing,Is Der' Ohio!!

ASea
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Kast Console II
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Coal Chubby
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114, Glenwood 30 "Estate" Warm Morning 120
Coal Size/Type: Sherman Anthracite Nut/Stove from C&T Coal
Other Heating: Peerless Boiler with Cast Iron Baseboards

Post by ASea » Sat. Oct. 16, 2021 11:22 am

MA to NH...not sure you will even know what to do with yourself. LOL Personally I think it is an excellent idea, and hope the house is just what you are looking for.
It's the better part of two acres. We are a large family of 8 and a single income household. The idea is to be mortgage free. Fingers crossed. The place is rough, but moveinable. I'm going to hire a contractor (known to me with an excellent reputation to immediately refurb the kitchen and downstairs bath (which is a toilet installed in a pantry). Upstairs is a full bath vintage 1940s but appears to be in ok shape. Should be an adventure. My offer is subject to a home inspection just in case I find something catastrophic that would ruin me.

jedneck
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DSM Antramax
Baseburners & Antiques: Florin 20-12, red cross oak double heater, 3 columbians a epoch, emblem and palace
Coal Size/Type: nut or stove
Other Heating: Southbend Banner range

Post by jedneck » Sat. Oct. 16, 2021 12:36 pm

1st pot o cawfee done finished. Got lil bit of work in shop then on way home stop n get new pipe for range n light 1st fire of year. Sunday mornin breakfast is puddnin n panckes

HandFire
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS 110
Coal Size/Type: Stove/Nut

Post by HandFire » Sat. Oct. 16, 2021 1:17 pm

Did somebody say rain? Stormy skies this morning with rain not long after. No mind, bakery has been going all morning for the weekly bread. You smell that? Do you smell that? Bread son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of bread in the morning And Bacon!

Attachments

2021-10-16 12.58.57.jpg
.JPG | 93.5KB | 2021-10-16 12.58.57.jpg

Hambden Bob

Post by Hambden Bob » Sun. Oct. 17, 2021 3:06 am

Handfire,Thanx! Most definitely is nothing more unique than the smell of Home-Baked Bread when You come through Da' Door!...
We made it back to Der N.E. Ohio Safe & Sound about 6:15 Saturday Evening! The "Stoker Don Mobile",as this Heavy Hauler will be forever known,performed like a Spring Chicken,a Testimony of just how Don took care of it! Now it's my time to take over the "Care &Feeding" of this 21 year old Spanker!

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sun. Oct. 17, 2021 3:40 am

Any coffee left? This retirement thing has my sleep schedule all upside down. What day is it? Ha! Life is good.

Darn ticks! My dog, Duke....the most expensive gift I ever got... came down ill.... $300 gone for a Vet visit to get antibiotics.... he has anaplasmosis. It didn't take a rocker scientist to know he needed $12 worth of Doxycycline, but you can't get it without a 'script from a vet. He is doing much better after just one day of drugs.
Are other places having trouble getting Veterinary appointments? A two month wait around here for a normal appointment..... if your fur baby is dying, they can see you in 5 to 7 days. We can go to the new "emergency vet" after hours, but it'll cost you about double.... and a 4 to 6 hour wait in your car.

Stay safe, stay warm & forward we go!

Return to “The Coffee House”