Freddy's Soggy Bottom Coffee House 9Oct2021

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Oct. 09, 2021 6:54 am

Yikes,And Good Morning Gang!!
The Title Sez It All In The Northeast Ohio This Hydrated Morning! I'm figuring Keepaeyeonit(Barry) and I look Great in Life Jackets!! The line set up and trained over Us all night long,bequeathing Us with a dandy 3 to 5" of Monsoon!! Past that,FFred,Warm,Todd And Dfrost seem to be hangin' tough with Our New Bud,namely "Crinkles,The Coal Kitchen Cat" We resolved last weeks Litter Box Dilemma where FFred was relieved in more ways than one! On Da' Heels of That,Take Care,Gang! As Freddy always endorsed:"Don't Forget To Hug Your Loved Ones,And,Forward We Go!"

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Sat. Oct. 09, 2021 7:01 am

Good morning guys. The coffee is hot, bacon is frying, eggs anyway you want them, toast with peach preserves will fill us up. Summer still hanging around here. Nothing much to report on. Outside chores as usual and I need to get a list of what I need to build my front door steps and landing. Garden needs cleaned up and potatoes need dug if I get all that done I’ll be happy. I hope everyone has a great weekend forward we go as Freddy would say!

Hambden Bob

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Oct. 09, 2021 7:06 am

I Love This! We Are Floating In Der' Coffee This A.M.!! Let's see if "Da' Mod Squad" can merge these to make a "True Caffeine Powerhouse" Thanx,Todd!!🎯☕🤣👍😎

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Oct. 09, 2021 7:27 am

Good morning. Bob beat Todd to the coffee pot by a nose, so I merged the threads. :lol:

Summer is hanging on here as well. 70's during the day and 50's at night, we'll take it! Looks like it will continue well into next week. Perfect weather for a slacker that doesn't have all of his projects complete on the heating system (and still doesn't have coal!!). :o

On the bright side, I did manage to get "wash the house" crossed off the list. I had a professional pressure washing crew come yesterday and wash all of our buildings. Wow - the soap those guys use literally makes mildew and moss fall off. 1200 gallons of water later and everything is looking the best it ever has.

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Oct. 09, 2021 7:37 am

Mornin'
Hot coffee is good, thank you, guys. Need to make a 'dump' run this AM.......get rid of some 'stuff'......keep the Mrs. happy...you know!!!!!!! HB, the monsoon rains you have now will probably try to ruin our 'Columbus Day' festivities. Oh well, we're going with the flow. Take care, everyone, and have a good 'Columbus Day' week-end.
Cheers

anthony7812
Stoker Coal Boiler: VanWert VA 400
Coal Size/Type: Buck/Anthracite

Post by anthony7812 » Sat. Oct. 09, 2021 7:42 am

Goood morning breakfast crew! Good to hear I’m not the only one behind on winter prep. Long story short(without dropping to many tears) we have been fostering my niece. My sister has succumbed to some drug problems over the years. Well she seems to have got herself cleaned up, according to the county, to where we may loose the little one. She’s been with us since the day she was born back in November. So I’m on vacation all this coming week and we are gonna spend some family time together all week. Anyway gotta keep the head up and forge on. My oldest’s junior high softball season is coming to end this week as well. She’s been playing ball since she was 3~4 years old. She’s 12 now. The local paper had her highlighted from last weeks games. Was awesome!

Attachments

Hambden Bob

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Oct. 09, 2021 7:56 am

Thanx,Rob! Todd,You And I "Smashed Out" Da' Coffee This Morning!
Now- "Personal Note Moment"-
Anthony,Thanx for taking it "Downtown" in so many ways regarding Your Sis,Niece and what led to You & Ma making Great Things happen! Coal Lives Matter,and You Gutted It Out by mentioning it here! I've taught that if We take away the blackmail a problem can try to put on Us,We'll beat the snot out of it together! You never know how many Fine Folks You've helped out by kicking in the door on a Deep Dive Dilemma such as this! Accordingly,Thanx for blowing up and clearing Your current Life Platform and digging deep to save an Infant... Big Medicine!!
As for Da' rest of You "Coal Curmudgeon's",Go do something,even if it's wrong!!

jedneck
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DSM Antramax
Baseburners & Antiques: Florin 20-12, red cross oak double heater, 3 columbians a epoch, emblem and palace
Coal Size/Type: nut or stove
Other Heating: Southbend Banner range

Post by jedneck » Sat. Oct. 09, 2021 8:36 am

On 2nd pot here. Tending shop like a normal Saturday morning. Then gonna take long way home to avoid traffic clusterf-/: Sunday morning prolly gonna go to the yearly local antique days. https://www.svheritagedays.com/ Also buddy has yard/barn sale up valley from it n he usually has few old ranges n stoves for sale.

buffalo bob
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 354 and a 254
Coal Size/Type: anthracite nut

Post by buffalo bob » Sat. Oct. 09, 2021 8:51 am

morn all. soggy bottom it is, oh well all we can do ix live with it,,,breakfast sounds good ill take 3 eggs..brought my own coffee.,step son and wife visiting this weekend so ill make it short...see ya B,B.

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sat. Oct. 09, 2021 9:12 am

Every time I think summer is over I have more good weather. Glad its not me with a soggy bottom! Im not much for coffee but the sock does add some distinct flavor to it... I hope nobody saw me take all the bacon again :D

I got my trucks cab mount fixed during the past weekend ... only took 11 hours, lol. I guess I'll spray some zinc on it today and call it good. Amazing what several layers of thick steel and angle iron can fix when its all bolted together with the rusty metal.

Nothing exciting planned today. Im mostly just going to enjoy the weather.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Oct. 09, 2021 5:46 pm

Thanx HB--always good to see your smilin face in the AM!! LOL Busy day, got both Wheel Horses ready to put up, mowed for the last time!! Got the 8N put away, charged the plow truck up to max.--cut all the corn stalks down--hell yes, I'm whooped!! LOL--W, you onlky THINK you took all the bacon--HB NEVER runs short on the old hog materials!!!!

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Oct. 09, 2021 5:54 pm

I mowed also...but I doubt it is the last time the way the weather is looking. Next week is supposed to be warm and sunny.

Hopefully I can get some coal soon. For nearly 10 years I have had great luck with a local trucking company picking up my coal in PA, but this year they are very short on drivers and having a hard time finding another load in that area. If they don't have anything lined up by Monday I will have to go to plan B.

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sat. Oct. 09, 2021 6:37 pm

Sounds like I need to go back for seconds on bacon... ;) HB's freezer can only hold just so much!

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. Oct. 09, 2021 9:15 pm

Thanks for the open HB and yes those PFD’s are very fashionable 😆, we are camping at Mosquito (swamp) Lake state park and all i can say is holy *censored*🌧🌧🌧. Thursday night and Friday night it rained like crazy 🙀 though I was going to float away! All better tonight though, nice dinner and fire Well my shitty Cub mower deck *censored* the bed( i have been repairing it for the last 3 years) not able to fix it anymore, my brother in law has a 54” one he will give me but not sure it will fit so if not its off to find a zero turn ( Scag or Exmark) I don’t want to go broke buying it but i want a good quality fast mower🤔
Have a great weekend friends, stay safe and enjoy life!👍

ASea
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Kast Console II
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Coal Chubby
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114, Glenwood 30 "Estate" Warm Morning 120
Coal Size/Type: Sherman Anthracite Nut/Stove from C&T Coal
Other Heating: Peerless Boiler with Cast Iron Baseboards

Post by ASea » Sun. Oct. 10, 2021 7:40 am

Day late for breakfast. Heating up some store bought Quiche and a fresh pot of coffee. Headed out to look at a small New Englander farm house. It's a fixer upper on a few acres. It says the heating system is toast. So I imagine I'll be looking for heating advice. Fingers crossed! Then headed to Mass and hopefully a nice Sunday dinner.

Return to “The Coffee House”