Freddy's Soggy Bottom Coffee House 9Oct2021

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Oct. 10, 2021 8:38 am

Hell A, 1- just take all your stoves with ya-2- make sure the chimney is in decent shape AND 3- insulate the tears out of the old girl!!! My homestead here is goin on 200 yrs & all she had goin for was a 200 amp service & a pretty straight roof line plus acreage & it's taken a lot of work & time & thanx to barterin--not all that much $$$$---well worth the effort. :)

ASea
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Kast Console II
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Coal Chubby
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114, Glenwood 30 "Estate" Warm Morning 120
Coal Size/Type: Sherman Anthracite Nut/Stove from C&T Coal
Other Heating: Peerless Boiler with Cast Iron Baseboards

Post by ASea » Sun. Oct. 10, 2021 4:13 pm

freetown fred wrote:
Sun. Oct. 10, 2021 8:38 am
Hell A, 1- just take all your stoves with ya-2- make sure the chimney is in decent shape AND 3- insulate the tears out of the old girl!!! My homestead here is goin on 200 yrs & all she had goin for was a 200 amp service & a pretty straight roof line plus acreage & it's taken a lot of work & time & thanx to barterin--not all that much $$$$---well worth the effort. :)
She's rough. Needs a new boiler,oil barrel,and electrical panel. It's fuse boxes now. Thinking I'd probably throw one of those Leisure Line Boilers down there so I can have duel fuel capability. Still contemplating my offer. Roof is good though. It's dated and will need allot of love.

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sun. Oct. 10, 2021 9:19 pm

Man-O-Man! The things you miss when you come in late.... You fine people are boiling in straight talk, hard work, love & compassion. Yes sir! It all makes the world go 'round.

The garden is put away. First year we had giant sunflowers.... they were fun & the birds & squirrels are eating them, up.... but the stalks are a bugger to pull! You don't just roto-till those bad boys in!

All's well... Let's see it stays that way! Hug your loved ones,and..... You know the drill!

ASea
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Kast Console II
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Coal Chubby
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114, Glenwood 30 "Estate" Warm Morning 120
Coal Size/Type: Sherman Anthracite Nut/Stove from C&T Coal
Other Heating: Peerless Boiler with Cast Iron Baseboards

Post by ASea » Mon. Oct. 11, 2021 7:43 am

Freddy wrote:
Sun. Oct. 10, 2021 9:19 pm
Man-O-Man! The things you miss when you come in late.... You fine people are boiling in straight talk, hard work, love & compassion. Yes sir! It all makes the world go 'round.

The garden is put away. First year we had giant sunflowers.... they were fun & the birds & squirrels are eating them, up.... but the stalks are a bugger to pull! You don't just roto-till those bad boys in!

All's well... Let's see it stays that way! Hug your loved ones,and..... You know the drill!
Sounds like you need a Troy Bilt Tiller!

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Mon. Oct. 11, 2021 10:17 am

Freddy, I ended up usein the 8N w/ back-blade to get the sunflower stalks out--YEP, they weren't comin easy!!! LOL

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Mon. Oct. 11, 2021 9:04 pm

These were Monster sun flowers! 2" stalks & 9 feet tall. I did find that enough JD bucket push right next to the ground loosened them up.

Good times.

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Wed. Oct. 13, 2021 3:07 pm

Pappa Freddy!! Orrington's Finest,Yay!! Stay With It,Mister!!

Return to “The Coffee House”