10/2/2021 Fall Coffee

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Sat. Oct. 02, 2021 6:26 am

Good morning guys! Fall is here 41 degrees here right now. Cool nights and warm sunshine afternoons what’s not to love. The sock is dripping coffee thru it so come on in and have a cup. Scrambled eggs with lose sausage mixed together, melted cheese on top of anyone would like. Toast and strawberry preserves should fill us up. I’m feeling better each day after my covid and pneumonia set back. It was a long week at work, glad it’s the weekend. I’m going to finish up my patio paver project today, mow some grass and the wife wants to put out the fall decorations. I hope everyone has a smooth weekend with their projects and trips or whatever anyone is into. Have a good one gang!

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Oct. 02, 2021 6:32 am

Good morning. 51 here, but raining pretty good. Waiting to see if the boys soccer games get cancelled.

Big news for the week - my local phone company hooked us up with fiber internet on Thursday. All I can say is wow! The speed is very impressive, and we got a bunch of old wires removed from the house at the same time.

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Oct. 02, 2021 6:38 am

Mornin'
Thanks for the coffee Todd. Good to here you're feeling better.
I've been turning on the oil in the morning for about 20 minutes for a warm-up. Soon it will be wood in the Yukon, and then 'Black Rocks' for the Winter. The leaves are starting to turn color, might have to mow grass a couple more times. Oh well, the seasons are a changin'!!!!!! Stay healthy, and enjoy the week-end.
Cheers

Benny
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Koker lite- house. Reading- garage
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Oil

Post by Benny » Sat. Oct. 02, 2021 7:04 am

Morning all, thanks Todd great b-fast first day of archery so here I sit 45 and dry on the mountain it’s a great day. Sounds like everyone is doing well, have a great weekend

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Oct. 02, 2021 7:51 am

Morning All!

Good breakfast choice Todd, I think that's what I'll go with. 45 degrees down here this morning, NICE!

I'm trying to get myself motivated to get back to work on the 944 + V8 project. All I really have to do is put it back together with the new trans and we'll be back on the road. I guess I've just been distracted by work and other projects.

Have a good weekend everyone!
-Don

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Oct. 02, 2021 8:52 am

Greetings,Salutations And Other Miscellaneous Philanderings! Wow,is Fall ever upon the Northern Tier of Der' Ohio! Nice! Todd,Spanx-A-Lot for kicking in Da'Door at Freddy's this Fine Morn'. So far,so Good from all that I've read! We've got some rain coming in this evening and the days following,so decisions,decisions! Nothing Earth-Shattering going on in Retirement Land! I really don't speak of it that much,for I don't want to appear as some Gloating Old Puke. There's way to many of You "Working Stiffs" here,and I have all the Respect In Da' World for Ya's! I actually had some interest in the Area Phone Co. as they're wising up and reintroducing their own Line Crews back on the Property. I guess they learned a sliver of a lesson after foolishly destroying their own Work Force,and relying solely on Contractors. Fortunately,I let that interest pass as this Ol'Boy is staying off the road and out of Storms,especially the Winter ones! I'm still on the path of figuring out just exactly what I want to be when I grow up,and I'm finding out that "Superman" sure as Hell aint' it! Other than that,it seems I've survived a Wuhan Infestation at Camp that occurred during the Big Labor Day Smash Weekend. No signs,symptoms,plus I really didn't go around sitting in Folk's Lap's,nor licking door handles and the like. Much to Da' Brides Amusement,I simply stayed there an additional two weeks "Just To Be Safe" LOL! In closing,October's going to be busier than a "One-Armed Wallpaper Hanger",and I'm actually looking forward to that before Da' Ohio White fly's! So,All my Fellow Coal Curmudgeon's,Coffee Up,Grab a dish of something to Your Liking here,and Enjoy! (Uh-Oh,Interrupted Thought Stream Alert Out Of The Corner Of My Eye!)-Aw Christ,Freetown Fred's using "Crinkles The Coal Kitchen Cat" 'S Personal Litter Box Again... The Health Department's gonna put a foot in Our Keyster if I don't go and stop this now!! While I'm attending to that,You Respectable Fine Folks have a Great Fall Weekend,and as Our Pal Freddy always sez:"Don't Forget To Hug Your Loved Ones!!" Toodles!!

buffalo bob
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 354 and a 254
Coal Size/Type: anthracite nut

Post by buffalo bob » Sat. Oct. 02, 2021 9:50 am

morning all , breakfast rightup my alley... started up the monster yesterday, tired of paying electric for the heat pump boy is it nice in here..luv it..just on very low 24 hr burn time...wife just opened window stat lol..not much else going on here football saturday..see ya B,B.

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Oct. 02, 2021 10:25 am

My new truck will get to haul its first load at noon. Scored some bagged nut coal about 15 minutes away. Seller said it is about 1 ton...it it turns out to be 1.5 that's fine with me, but we will see what the truck thinks. :lol:

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sat. Oct. 02, 2021 10:54 am

Im still having above average weather for fall. It has been in the 80's for a few days, next week still about 70 for highs, nice temps for here. Ive been doing some of the miserable fall stuff and now doing one Ive been avoiding. My floor pan is rusted out on my 1992 ford truck and I have to redo the mount as that was rusted off so its just been bobbing up and down. Miserable job. Only 1 of the cab mounts was bad, rest all look good. But I think I can ween 2 more years out of the old girl if I do this repair. I dont have a welder but have some good steel and grade 8 bolts so will get it together somehow. Thanks for breakfast! Have fun everyone.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Oct. 02, 2021 7:30 pm

Thanx T--busy, busy day--just organizin things that've been put off for 3 yrs.--tack/feed room, maintenance shed, mowed, etc. Enjoy the nice fall weather people--trees are turnin pretty up this way. Damn HB, you were on a roll!!!! LOL

johnjoseph
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Other Heating: pellet stove, oil boiler

Post by johnjoseph » Sat. Oct. 02, 2021 8:52 pm

My partner Hank...he chased this one into the root ball of a blowndown and dug until he pulled it out.
20211002_204125.jpg
.JPG | 81.4KB | 20211002_204125.jpg

Attachments

20211002_204024.jpg
.JPG | 98.8KB | 20211002_204024.jpg
20211002_204059.jpg
.JPG | 97KB | 20211002_204059.jpg

franco b
Site Moderator
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Post by franco b » Sat. Oct. 02, 2021 10:21 pm

johnjoseph wrote:
Sat. Oct. 02, 2021 8:52 pm
My partner Hank...he chased this one into the root ball of a blowndown and dug until he pulled it out.

20211002_204125.jpg
Is that an Airedale?

johnjoseph
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Other Heating: pellet stove, oil boiler

Post by johnjoseph » Sun. Oct. 03, 2021 6:34 am

franco b wrote:
Sat. Oct. 02, 2021 10:21 pm
Is that an Airedale?
English Labradoodle...

Benny
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Koker lite- house. Reading- garage
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Oil

Post by Benny » Sun. Oct. 03, 2021 6:54 am

He’s a handsome devil !

tsb
Stoker Coal Boiler: Binford 2000
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Pioneer top vent
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II
Baseburners & Antiques: Grander Golden Oak , Glenwood # 6
Coal Size/Type: All of them

Post by tsb » Sun. Oct. 03, 2021 7:53 am

Late to the party. I spent a few nights at Cherry Springs freezing my nether parts. Good stars.
DJI_0517.JPG
.JPG | 548.7KB | DJI_0517.JPG
Somebody needs to rotate for me.

Return to “The Coffee House”