Coffee 9/25/2021

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. Sep. 25, 2021 7:22 am

Good morning friends come on in and have a seat, just your typical breakfast choices this morning but we do have the best coffee around.
Been real busy the last few weeks so haven’t had time to stop in so here i am! Hell no one was here so i opened for Ya’ll😁. I have to go so the last one out please lock up, now enjoy a nice sunrise somewhere over in Western PA! 😎
6027082A-0937-4AEA-A301-1A3BE89EBFFE.jpeg
.JPEG | 1.3MB | 6027082A-0937-4AEA-A301-1A3BE89EBFFE.jpeg

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Sep. 25, 2021 7:33 am

Mornin all--thanx K--:) Off to pick up a ton of Blaschak nut (bags) this AM--been paid for since last season--got a young Amish neighbor helpin out. got all my bins tightened up for bulk later iin Nov. or so. Always keep a few ton ahead of the game. Oh well, enjoy people!! :)

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Sep. 25, 2021 7:36 am

Mornin'
Great coffee this is, thank you, Keepa...........Everyone is trying to get done what they didn't do, before the cold weather arrives. Enjoy the week-end gang, and, stay healthy.
Cheers

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Sat. Sep. 25, 2021 7:43 am

Good morning fellows. Thanks for the breakfast Keep! I’ve been away for the past few weeks caught the covid bug, put me down hard bed ridden for two weeks. Pneumonia in both lungs. Finally started feeling better Tuesday of this week. Covid is no joke for some people! I’m going to do some house chores today until I get tired then rest up, got to get some strength back. Well guys hug your loved ones and forward we go !

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Sat. Sep. 25, 2021 8:28 am

Morning all, chilly 51 here in the Southland. Have not been around much, busy with motorcycle trips, camping last weekend, and planning the Nov. hunt for bambi. In the meantime, my heating/air unit met its demise so yesterday I bought a new unit, got it home, tore off the old unit and pulled out 2 of those stupid foam and cement bases and poured a real slab with rebar......friend coming this morning to help with the install. He got me the unit for his cost, which is a huge savings.
Speaking of hunting, I have purchased a new CVA Scout in 45-70 and the barrel has been sent to Kentucky to convert it to a smokeless muzzleloader. My old business partner has the same conversion and it shoots inside 3 inches at 300 yards. Can't wait to try it out.

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Sep. 25, 2021 9:28 am

Morning all!

Sorry to hear about your COVID issues Todd. Glad to hear you're pulling through it.

50 degrees down here, looks like Fall might stick around for a while. :yes:

Heading over to the "Axeman Heats Wood Boiler" project today. The coal bin is finished. Today we will be coming up with a complete list of plumbing parts to order. Sometime in the next few weeks we will give it the plumb it, wire it and fire it treatment!

Have a good weekend all!
-Don

buffalo bob
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 354 and a 254
Coal Size/Type: anthracite nut

Post by buffalo bob » Sat. Sep. 25, 2021 10:10 am

morn all..been sittin here watching the blues/news, finally got on for some good news...coffee was great, thanks..i think fall is really here,yea...been thinking of starting up the hitzer, working on heat pump now but that dont do much for the basement...hitzer idleing is better/cheaper than heat pump, also the window stats still work...not much going on here on willa mtn. so see ya...B.B.

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Sep. 25, 2021 7:40 pm

To Hell If I Know What I'm Doing,Gang!! 7:40 PM Saturday Night Coffee? Duh? I leave it at that!!

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sat. Sep. 25, 2021 8:31 pm

Hang in there Todd. Sounds like your over the hump.

Ive been watching Farm Aid all day and canning pears while I watch. Has to be the best tasting fruit I can grow here by far but a lot of work with the small sizes.

Klook, I have one of those 45-70 H&R Buffalo Classics and I cant miss with it, but when yours is converted is it to hunt with or for target? 45 cal Im assuming? Interesting. Im not into inline muzzleloaders so I dont keep up with them well or I'd know. I just use a flinter and cap locks with round balls.

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Sat. Sep. 25, 2021 9:21 pm

It is to hunt with. I will not be using sabots as they can be tricky. That means a full .45 bullet. I will get a special swaging die with the gun to custom size the bullets for a correct fit in the bore. Most likely will use wads under the bullet. I would like to kill one with a bow sometime but will skip the flintlock and round balls. It would be easy as I get deer within 20 ft. of me routinely. But I am there for the meat, not horns or challenge.

grumpy

Post by grumpy » Sat. Sep. 25, 2021 9:35 pm

Toddburn wrote:
Sat. Sep. 25, 2021 7:43 am
Good morning fellows. Thanks for the breakfast Keep! I’ve been away for the past few weeks caught the covid bug, put me down hard bed ridden for two weeks. Pneumonia in both lungs. Finally started feeling better Tuesday of this week. Covid is no joke for some people! I’m going to do some house chores today until I get tired then rest up, got to get some strength back. Well guys hug your loved ones and forward we go !
Todd, did your eyes hurt when you were sick? Pain when you moved your eyes around?

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sat. Sep. 25, 2021 10:01 pm

KLook wrote:
Sat. Sep. 25, 2021 9:21 pm
It is to hunt with. I will not be using sabots as they can be tricky. That means a full .45 bullet. I will get a special swaging die with the gun to custom size the bullets for a correct fit in the bore. Most likely will use wads under the bullet. I would like to kill one with a bow sometime but will skip the flintlock and round balls. It would be easy as I get deer within 20 ft. of me routinely. But I am there for the meat, not horns or challenge.
Im just a meat hunter too but do like a challenge. Ive never hunted deer with my flintlock (just small game with a 40 cal) but did get a doe with a cap lock and round ball. 2 with bow. Bows are a lot of work. Never underestimate a round ball, but yes the modern bullets are better and the 45's are super accurate. Trophy hunters pretty much ruined muzzleloading season here because anyone can hunt that season even if they did shotgun already. So everyone goes that season and Im in a good area for big deer, at least until CWD came along. Good luck!

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Sun. Sep. 26, 2021 7:56 am

Thanks W yes feel like I’m over the hump. Just need to get my strength back. Grump no eye problems for me with covid.

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sun. Sep. 26, 2021 9:01 am

A day late, but the coffee is still good! Thanks for leaving the pot on.

RAIN! Close to 4 inches in the last 24 hours. If we get snow this winter like we've had rain this Fall.... Yowza!

Well... A few of you might remember that 7 years ago, just after Marty (my wife) passed away, that I met a 94 year old fellow.... Mr Silverstein.... that gave me some good tips on grief and grieving. For the first time since then I was in his little town this last week. I asked locals about him and after only 3 stops, I spoke to someone that used to work for him. He's still alive! She had not seen him for a year as he's moved to Boston and in a home. He is totally deaf now & can't talk on the phone, but the ol' fella is still beating and breathing! Amazing.

Take care.... Hug your loved ones & forward we all go.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Sep. 26, 2021 9:21 am

Funny about all that---might be ya shoulda visited sooner! :)

Return to “The Coffee House”