Now I remember why I don't shop at Wal-Mart..

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Wed. Sep. 22, 2021 4:25 pm

Bought a new TV today, pretty much the same price everywhere and I was debating whether to go to Wal-Mart or Best-Buy. Ended up at Wal-Mart. Couldn't tell which one was being displayed. Ask the young guy at the counter busily texting away for some help and I'm told "You'll need to wait for the TV guy, I'm the phone guy.".....OK

TV guy shows up and he's about as confused as me as to which models are on display and which ones are in stock, as it turns out the ones in stock are not on display which I had to point out to him after he incorrectly told me it was. I thank him for his time and spend a few minutes debating if I should head to Best Buy. Decide on just getting it, probably hard to go wrong since it's Samsung and more expensive that the ones on display anyway.

Back to the" phone guy" and I ask him if I just put this massive box on the cart or what."Yes, or you can wait for the TV guy to give you a hand." That *censored* stood there texting away while I'm struggling with the box to get it on the cart. He didn't even offer to hold the cart for me.

If anyone did this where I worked they would be fired on the spot whether we needed them or not. I'm not sure how you could be that ignorant even if it isn't your job.

tcalo
Baseburners & Antiques: Crawford 40
Coal Size/Type: Nut/stove anthracite

Post by tcalo » Wed. Sep. 22, 2021 4:30 pm

Customer service is a thing of the past!!!

tsb
Stoker Coal Boiler: Binford 2000
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Pioneer top vent
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II
Baseburners & Antiques: Grander Golden Oak , Glenwood # 6
Coal Size/Type: All of them

Post by tsb » Wed. Sep. 22, 2021 4:48 pm

I wanted to read your post but I was texting. What did you say ?

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Wed. Sep. 22, 2021 5:39 pm

Try ordering groceries on their new "improved" site. They try to get you to order stuff delivered and picked up at same time so you have to watch it closely before you pay. They wouldnt take my debit card which ended out getting stopped by my crediter cuz i tried it a 2nd time (walmart always took it before the new app) which I had to fix. Then i use my credit card and it took that, charged me, then credited me, then charged me again a week later. they are adding $15 to some peoples orders and then refunding it later. They had a good thing and screwed it all up. I can handle going there if they bring it out to me, lol

In the store, no thanks. Never liked the place. Rude workers, rude customers.... except in small towns, 30,000 people being too big. But those stores arent as big and dont have the same stuff or variety except most of the groceries. I guess I dislike Best Buy even more though.

LeoinRI
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Fonderies de Lion
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: J.S. Peckham Chicago #10, Weso, Our Glenwood 111, Sougland Excelsior 183

Post by LeoinRI » Wed. Sep. 22, 2021 6:41 pm

I never liked the store. It is always my last resort. Recall that when a US manufacturer of flat screen TVs sued a Chinese company for "dumping" Wal Mart was a "friend" of the Chinese manufacturer during the legal proceedings.

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Wed. Sep. 22, 2021 9:18 pm

I ordered a $10 item from Wally world and was told it was delivered......no....they don't care, they said it was delivered....no.....what do you want us to do? I want my $10 back......cricketts.....

theo

Post by theo » Wed. Sep. 22, 2021 9:28 pm

I just had a dispute with a Walmart manager to open up more casheirs then the 2 they had open, she told me she short on workers and nobody wants to work. Well i told her if she was short on people why was there 3 employe's standing back in sporting goods just standing around and BS with each other, Also told her that line of "nobody wants to work " is getting old, your just trying to force people to use the self checkouts, I left the cart full of groceries and walked on out! :yes:

mntbugy
Hand Fed Coal Stove: D S 1500, Warm Moring 400
Baseburners & Antiques: Art Garland 145,GW114 ,Clarion 115, Vestal 20 Globe,New Royal22 Globe, Red Cross Oak 56,Acme Ventiduct 38,Radiant Airblast 626,Home Airblast 62,Moores #7,Moores 3way
Coal Size/Type: stove and nut and some bit
Other Heating: Propain

Post by mntbugy » Wed. Sep. 22, 2021 9:55 pm

Some people have the other Chinese disease called dragon/draggin ass.

gaw
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Post by gaw » Wed. Sep. 22, 2021 9:59 pm

This is why the Amish don't have TVs.

johnjoseph
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Other Heating: pellet stove, oil boiler

Post by johnjoseph » Wed. Sep. 22, 2021 10:12 pm

Walmart sucks.....

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Wed. Sep. 22, 2021 11:14 pm

gaw wrote:
Wed. Sep. 22, 2021 9:59 pm
This is why the Amish don't have TVs.
I actually won't be watching TV on it. The only time I watch TV is when I'm getting ready to sleep and I just watch it on the laptop. It's for the PlayStation :D. It's a 65 inch 4K TV which means I'll need to get a PlayStation 5 to take full advantage. My old TV died which was excellent excuse to get 4K TV and just in time for the PS5.

The previous versions of this game are outstanding. My cousin comes over occasionally and we sit on two recliners with a case of beer between us in a cooler. Game is not available until 10/15.

grumpy

Post by grumpy » Wed. Sep. 22, 2021 11:16 pm

theo wrote:
Wed. Sep. 22, 2021 9:28 pm
I just had a dispute with a Walmart manager to open up more casheirs then the 2 they had open, she told me she short on workers and nobody wants to work. Well i told her if she was short on people why was there 3 employe's standing back in sporting goods just standing around and BS with each other, Also told her that line of "nobody wants to work " is getting old, your just trying to force people to use the self checkouts, I left the cart full of groceries and walked on out! :yes:
Good for you !!!

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Wed. Sep. 22, 2021 11:56 pm

My local Walmart is in CNY rural area in a city of only about 10,000. For the most part the people who work there are friendly country folk. Yeah, there's never enough registers open, but I've found that the self checkout is much faster and with a couple of dozen self-checkout machines, no waiting on line.

What I don't like about Walmart is every couple of months they change the layout. Then I have to waste time searching for what want.

Paul

theo

Post by theo » Thu. Sep. 23, 2021 7:40 am

They change the layout on the idea of keeping you in there longer and maybe buying more!

tsb
Stoker Coal Boiler: Binford 2000
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Pioneer top vent
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II
Baseburners & Antiques: Grander Golden Oak , Glenwood # 6
Coal Size/Type: All of them

Post by tsb » Thu. Sep. 23, 2021 8:39 am

You should shop at Home Depot.
image017.png
.PNG | 258.6KB | image017.png

Return to “The Coffee House”