Coffee 9-4-2021

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Sep. 04, 2021 4:26 am

Campfire coffee this morning! Well...a woodstove fire while making early coffee. It's 46* outside....crisp. Speaking of crisp, soon will be bacon and eggs and home made dinner rolls. Join in!

Stay safe, hug your loved ones and forward we go.

HandFire
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS 110
Coal Size/Type: Stove/Nut

Post by HandFire » Sat. Sep. 04, 2021 4:56 am

No fire yet. Yesterday was 44 but today it's warm 48 so it's getting closer to striking the match. Fall air is the best air. Wood is low, have to make some runs. Got my coal yesterday before the price goes up. 3 tons should carry me into next season. All the grunt work including mowing finished yesterday so it's savoring the smell of the fry pan cooking and watching the sunrise today. Tinkering on some small projects today and a swing in the hammock is the goal of the day. Enjoy the Moment!

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Sat. Sep. 04, 2021 5:19 am

Top of the morning fellows. Thanks for the breakfast Freddy! Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend. Pouring some pillars for the new deck and going to lay some paver bricks. Garden about done may clean some of it up,that last heat wave pretty much finished it up. Looking like a nice stretch of fall weather here, I love it! Stay safe guys!

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Sep. 04, 2021 5:59 am

Mornin all--great b-fast choice Freddy--runnin (hobblin) off to a roofin job with Amish neighbors--enjoy the week-end people. :)

anthony7812
Stoker Coal Boiler: VanWert VA 400
Coal Size/Type: Buck/Anthracite

Post by anthony7812 » Sat. Sep. 04, 2021 6:45 am

Good morning fella rock burners. I was able snap a great photo of the valley I call home the other morning. Early morning fog with temps in the low 50’s in northeast Pa. Lots to be thankful for these days. I made a decision to run for school board 2 years ago, wow has the gray hair come out since then. Don’t wish this upon anyone. It’s damning anymore to stand up for what you believe in. Then the constant threat of folks saying they will sue you. So much joy. However it is enjoying knowing I can come here and just enjoy.

Attachments

1C78FCC8-86B4-4CB0-BBF9-1A071AB112D5.jpeg

Colley Pa

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. Sep. 04, 2021 6:54 am

Holy *censored* everyone is up early this morning 👍 , I love campfire coffee Freddy! Its prefect on a brisk morning.
Staying home this weekend so we have lots of stuff to catch up on, 1st time in 10 years we are home for Labor Day, We are having friends and family over tomorrow for food and drinks 😎.
Ok friends have a great weekend and stay safe,

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Sep. 04, 2021 7:19 am

Good morning everyone. 59 degrees here next to the lake. The apples are starting to get some nice color, but at still pretty tart. No traveling for us this weekend. I am headed over to dad's house after lunch for a chicken bbq. Guest list for the bbq is pretty short thanks to a local COVID outbreak.

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Sep. 04, 2021 8:12 am

Morning all!

Thanks for the coffee and breakfast Freddy! It's 58 degrees down here and time to work on some Coal Burner projects. Today we will be heading over to work on the Axeman 130 Heats Wood Boiler project. The wood boiler is long gone, the masonry chimney is up and the walls are built. Today we will be moving the Axeman from the basement to it's new home.

Axeman 130 Heats Wood Boiler

Have a good weekend everyone!
-Don

tsb
Stoker Coal Boiler: Binford 2000
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Pioneer top vent
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II
Baseburners & Antiques: Grander Golden Oak , Glenwood # 6
Coal Size/Type: All of them

Post by tsb » Sat. Sep. 04, 2021 8:21 am

Morning all from soggy SE PA. Most of the bad flooding was south and west of us. The Manatawny got a little cranky Wednesday night but we had only moderate flooding. Lost a few planters and had to clean up some piles of floaty crap.
Always thankful to dodge a bullet.
Winter coal should be here next week.
Clear skies to all.

HandFire
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS 110
Coal Size/Type: Stove/Nut

Post by HandFire » Sat. Sep. 04, 2021 9:02 am

anthony7812 wrote:
Sat. Sep. 04, 2021 6:45 am
It’s damning anymore to stand up for what you believe in. Then the constant threat of folks saying they will sue you. So much joy. However it is enjoying knowing I can come here and just enjoy.
Great pic Anthony. I had to snap the sunrise too this morning. I have been watching as many sunrises as I can for the first half of century of my life and will continue for another half God willing. When the Crazies get to you just smile. Mind over matter. You don't mind and they don't matter.
09042021.jpg
.JPG | 110.3KB | 09042021.jpg

buffalo bob
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 354 and a 254
Coal Size/Type: anthracite nut

Post by buffalo bob » Sat. Sep. 04, 2021 9:25 am

morning all, wow coffee house opened early...i like my sleep...ida slamed the $hit out of my gravel road this week took a day thurs, to repair,guess thats the price you pay for living on the side of a mountain...college foot ball today yea,,
well gotta run got stuff to do before game...see ya B.B.

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Sep. 04, 2021 9:46 am

Mornin'
Thank you for the coffee, Freddy. Ida almost washed out the week-end........just missed, yeah!!! This is the last of the un-official Summer. Time to get ready for the coal burning. Enjoy the week-end, take care.
Cheers

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sat. Sep. 04, 2021 10:43 am

I hope i left enough bacon for the rest of you but if not, better luck next week!

Hardly rained for a year then up around 8" in the last 10 days. So that catches me up some. It sure raised the local creeks but I did manage to catch a couple small fish 2 days ago. The only thing out of ordinary for the weekend will be our fantasy football get together to pick our teams. We've had mostly the same group of people for 20 years. We almost all worked at the same job and thats how we started but none of us are there now.

Enjoy what bacon I left you!

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Sep. 04, 2021 11:10 am

Well,I Guess I'd Better Change My Handle To "Slacker Bob"! Glad I made it before noon! All seems well for All of You surviving tha Ida Trainwreck! On a different note,I've made it back to Da' Bay,and am glad for having done so! Take Care,My Fellow Coal Crunchers!

CoalHeat
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1959 EFM 350
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Magnafire Mark I
Baseburners & Antiques: Sears Signal Oak 15 & Andes Kitchen Range
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Chestnut
Other Heating: Fisher Fireplace Insert

Post by CoalHeat » Sat. Sep. 04, 2021 11:56 am

I made it before noon too! LOLOL
Sump pumps are still working on the Ida rainfall in the cellar, but the EFM is high and dry.
Finally we can have our car cruise today after 2 cancellations due to weather.
Enjoy the nice weather!

Return to “The Coffee House”