Coffee 8-28-2021

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Aug. 28, 2021 6:07 am

We have dripped some good well water through the o'l sock and made Ethiopian dark roasted Jo to perk us up this morning. Join in for a moment & savor the taste. It's been a while.... bacon & eggs over easy? There's homemade white bread too.

47 degrees this morning is a fresh departure from the last few weeks. It's crisp & nice! Today will be a beautiful day. Maybe a good day to prep boiler for the coming winter.

Hug your loved ones & forward we go!

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Aug. 28, 2021 6:48 am

The Master Has Opened His Own Shop! Conflatulations to Us! Hell,after last week's Debacle,I even crawled out of Da' woodwork to make it back in here! Steam City continues here in the NEO. Bye,Bye August!

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. Aug. 28, 2021 7:06 am

Good morning Freddy and HB thanks for the coffee and bacon 😺. Boy I would love to have 47° this morning although its 72° now but getting hot and humid again today, we are camping about 2 miles from home this weekend which is giving my wallet a break from $3.25/ gal fuel, its bad when your fuel costs are higher than your site costs😡
Ok friends I’m going to finish my coffee and walk the dog so have a good weekend.

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Aug. 28, 2021 7:49 am

Morning all!

Wow Freddy, 47 degrees? That sounds wonderful! Yesterday was our last 90+ degree day for the foreseeable future, thank goodness. Not much going on here. It's a bit to soggy to mow today, maybe we'll get it done tomorrow.

Have a good weekend everybody!
-Don

HandFire
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS 110
Coal Size/Type: Stove/Nut

Post by HandFire » Sat. Aug. 28, 2021 8:24 am

2021-08-28 08.12.22.jpg
.JPG | 140.2KB | 2021-08-28 08.12.22.jpg
Fading Light
From the roost last Night
For told  the Fountains
Amoung the Mountains
The Seas of Fog
Or is it the Grog
That I Scorn
This Mourn.
Black Rock sits There
And I do Stare
To wait for the day of Glory
Once again to hear the Story
Of the Blue Lady's Dance
Turn a sailor's mind into a Trance
Like Sirens of the Sea
Black Gold Fires Me
When Frost Miser grips the Tree
Alais, I am Off
I'm starting to Cough
Freddy's Brewing Sock
Has put me in a Shock
Farewell now Friends
Summer is at it's Ends
To the Days of Long Burns and Little Ash!

buffalo bob
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 354 and a 254
Coal Size/Type: anthracite nut

Post by buffalo bob » Sat. Aug. 28, 2021 8:44 am

morning all, humidity here is the word ugh... breakfast sounds good,thanks freddy..47* sounds better wow cant wait..babysitting daughters dog today that will keep me busy as iam going to get lol...not much going on here so ill say see ya...B.B.

samhill
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage

Post by samhill » Sat. Aug. 28, 2021 8:46 am

Another hot & humid day here as well, Freetown, I've been trying to downsize but it ain't easy. Bought a bunch of those small parts cabinets but had to take all the crap in them as well. So dumping most of the stuff cleaning & painting is taking longer than expected. I've found that every time I make some room my son brings more up, guess he thinks keeping me busy is good. Hope all are cool & safe!

tsb
Stoker Coal Boiler: Binford 2000
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Pioneer top vent
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II
Baseburners & Antiques: Grander Golden Oak , Glenwood # 6
Coal Size/Type: All of them

Post by tsb » Sat. Aug. 28, 2021 8:57 am

Good morning all. I'll trade Handfire's poem for Freddy's 47 degrees. What a miserable August here in SE Pa. A flood from Ida would just be icing on the cake. Take care and stay cool.

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Aug. 28, 2021 10:22 am

Mornin,
Welcome back to the 'kitchen', Freddy!!!!! Nice to have a hearty breakfast. August is almost gone...kids back to school....apple picking time coming up....then pumpkins. Soon it will be time to light the 'black rocks' for another season........yes sir, this Summer went quick. Enjoy the week-end, guys/gals.
Cheers

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sat. Aug. 28, 2021 12:52 pm

I cant tell if its coffee I smell or lightning strikes! They were mighty close 100 times within 100 yards with the powerline going thru my yard and iron in the ground. I dont even flinch anymore when it happens its so common. Pretty wild and nuts when that happens but entertaining as hell. Im closing in on 7" of rain in 40 hrs... Thats more than enough to finish what crops are left in the fields that havent dried up from drought. So it all worked out. Nature works.

Doing some soldering work today and listening to the radio. Exciting stuff, lol Another helping of bacon please... make it a double...

Benny
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Koker lite- house. Reading- garage
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Oil

Post by Benny » Sat. Aug. 28, 2021 2:09 pm

Thanks Freddy, great breakfast. Just got done cleaning the pool never ending, soon be closing it up , won’t break my heart. Sounds like all are doing well. Take care and have a great weekend!

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Sat. Aug. 28, 2021 4:24 pm

Freddy Thank You for the opening. Mighty tasty! Haven’t had a day off in weeks super busy at work paving and putting in new drainage. Hot humid and miserable. Did manage to get deck torn down, going to get some brick pavers this week for the patio. I’m so ready for fall. High school football started last night for my oldest son 42/8 loss they only have 18 on the team, tough to win with few players. Well guys I hope everyone has a smooth week!

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Aug. 28, 2021 6:24 pm

Good b-fast choice Freddy-- lots of gettin ready for what's comin next!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Mon. Aug. 30, 2021 8:50 am

Late but having coffee. Worn down from a run to Maine, including a nice dinner in West Hazelton Pa with gaw and his wife. Nice to see them and have a chat. Traffic was harrowing at best in New England. Worked a few days and took off early Fri. morning for a mid day rendezvous with my brother and a bunch of Goldwings in Rogersville, TN. Then went to Wise, VA thru some incredible country to stay and rode many twisties and country roads Sat. Highlighted by the Dragon Slayer or Rt. 160 from Appalachia, VA to Lynch, Ky. Long Sun. ride home down to Ashville, NC and went down to Robbinsville, NC and picked up the route known as the Charohala Skyway. 9 hrs on the road to get home and almost 900 miles for the 3 day ride.....awesome country we live in.

Kevin

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Tue. Aug. 31, 2021 11:06 am

Nice,Kev! Welp,it's been good to see what All my "Coal Cronies" have been up to! Don't forget,for All of You "Landlocker's",Jack reports a Festive Time will be had at the No.9 Mine this Sunday! I'll be on the water,soo I can't make it. If You can,check it out!!

Return to “The Coffee House”