COFFEE at FREDDY'S 8-14-2021

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Aug. 14, 2021 7:48 am

Mornin'
Coffee is a perkin'.... I think I'll have mine on the deck. We're mid way through Summer.....it goes quick......3 heat waves, so far, and a foot of rain to wash-out July.....Whew!!!!!! Happy to have my black rocks in the basement for Winter. Time to mow the grass, again. Enjoy the week-end, everyone.
Cheers

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Aug. 14, 2021 8:11 am

We had a heat wave most of the week. My boys did not even want to go to summer camp, which says a lot about the heat. I don't blame them - the house has A/C and the pool is 80 degrees. Thankfully it is cooler this morning and a lot less humid.

No more baseball, but soccer starts in two weeks. I will enjoy the downtime while I can.

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Sat. Aug. 14, 2021 8:29 am

Thanks for opening D! What a hot week for sure. Glad we can use your deck mine is gone. Grass cutting, cut back some of the shrubs around my new patio area, layout the holes where the new posts are going for the new steps and entrance and do some garden work is my plans for the weekend. Hope everyone has a smooth weekend!

Attachments

A608FD78-FE1A-4191-8EF6-3530C61EE21E.jpeg
.JPEG | 1.1MB | A608FD78-FE1A-4191-8EF6-3530C61EE21E.jpeg

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Aug. 14, 2021 8:45 am

Morning all!

Thanks for the coffee "D"!

Not much going on here, I'll do some mowing once it dries up a bit. No 90+ degree temps in the forecast! YAY! The Crown Victoria is just about ready to hit the road permanently. Then I can get back to working on the 944 + Chevy V8 project.

I found a pretty interesting Iron Fireman video. Unfortunately the boiler was converted to gas. The interesting thing is all of the original, analog Iron Fireman controls are still being used.

Have a good weekend everybody!
-Don

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Aug. 14, 2021 8:47 am

Yo-Ho And Good Morning Gang! It's "Freddy's Coffeehouse Time!!
Twas' A Week,To Say Da' Least! Time to kick em' up and relax for a bit!! Thanx fer gettin' it open,D!!

buffalo bob
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 354 and a 254
Coal Size/Type: anthracite nut

Post by buffalo bob » Sat. Aug. 14, 2021 9:08 am

morning all coffee on the deck was great, nice and cool out there nice little breeze going...lust gunna sir backand enjoy the cooler weather today...see ya ,,,B.B.

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sat. Aug. 14, 2021 9:29 am

Nice temps and dry here. think i'll pull the kayak out and try paddling upriver for a change early next week. Rivers are so low I just have to try it. Might be too low but I'll find out. No ride needed that way and there are hungry fish up there.... Until then, theres always grass to mow.

johnjoseph
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Other Heating: pellet stove, oil boiler

Post by johnjoseph » Sat. Aug. 14, 2021 9:49 am

Moose sausage gravy, fresh biscuits and sunny eggs, with a glass of whole milk from the Amish. Worked on my coal bin expansion early this morning, should double my current capacity of 4 tons; 6 tons is the most I've used, but 3 or 4 is average. I only got 3 tons last season and needed another...$50 delivery charge, which I never paid before, as I'm only 4 miles away. So, I'm going to keep my bin maxed out at 6 ton and make the fee worthy, as I don't see it going away. Considering getting buckwheat rather than rice this year; read an old thread on here and it sounds like it would work better with my KA6. My eldest is coming tomorrow and we are finishing up what we can on a heat pump installation; his boss has me scheduled for the actual charge of the system and tie the electrical into the panel. Then on to the garage. Installing an larger garage door; didn't consider I'd have an F350 17 years ago. Tired of cleaning off the truck in the winter whilst a bay sits empty; the other bay holds our 1989 Firebird. High 70s today with some T storms rolling in later this afternoon. Heat index of 98 here over the past 2 days, but Fall is creeping upon us...checked my two indicator trees on my weekly woods tour this week...they are turning. Sounds like everyone is footloose and fancy free. Have a great day fellas!

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Aug. 14, 2021 2:09 pm

Bought a new stick welder & spent this AM playin--there's a bunch of things in the work shop that are NOW welded together!!! LOL--Off to an equipment auction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

pintoplumber
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Burnham number series 17
Other Heating: Oil, forced hot air. Rheem

Post by pintoplumber » Sat. Aug. 14, 2021 2:15 pm

I ran up to DiRenzo’s today and got 2 tons, still $170.00 a ton. I have a picture from June to post, should have posted it earlier. Weekend of June 18th, I was going to race at Dragway 42 in Ohio. I was pulling the teardrop camper and going to stay at the track. I never made it, but got within 30 miles of Ohio. Big towing bill. Turns out it was points and condenser.

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Aug. 14, 2021 3:27 pm

pintoplumber wrote:
Sat. Aug. 14, 2021 2:15 pm
831D8344-456B-4F36-885D-66C6326DD268.jpegI ran up to DiRenzo’s today and got 2 tons, still $170.00 a ton. I have a picture from June to post, should have posted it earlier. Weekend of June 18th, I was going to race at Dragway 42 in Ohio. I was pulling the teardrop camper and going to stay at the track. I never made it, but got within 30 miles of Ohio. Big towing bill. Turns out it was points and condenser.
I understand you may be trying to keep the truck original, but electronic ignition is a great upgrade.

pintoplumber

Post by pintoplumber » Sat. Aug. 14, 2021 3:37 pm

I had a pertronics in it years ago and it failed sitting in the garage, so I went back to points. My 1954 EBU block is a one year only engine, but I changed the distributor to the 1957 & up style to give me centrifugal advance. I don’t know if pertronics makes a 6 volt unit to fit the more modern 12 volt distributor.

freetown fred

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Aug. 14, 2021 6:04 pm

P--KISS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Surprised ya didn't catch that points & condenser situation. Certain basic things ya need to keep on hand. Mostly anything Elec.--test light & a good old ball-peen hammer. :)

pintoplumber

Post by pintoplumber » Sat. Aug. 14, 2021 6:37 pm

I had spare used points and condenser in the glove box. The screw was missing from the condenser, I thought I can fix this. Put the spares in and it wouldn’t start at all. I carry a timing light, fuel pump, (one year only pump) and carburetor kits. I thought I was in good shape. I have new spares in the glove box now.

freetown fred

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Aug. 14, 2021 8:56 pm

SOMETIMES P!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sht just happens!! LOL I'll bet it WAS a tad pricey. :(

Return to “The Coffee House”