Freddy's Coffehouse-Hot&Humid Coffee7Aug2021

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Aug. 07, 2021 5:16 am

We Be A Sweatin' As Da' Coffee Perks! Whew! Good Morning!
Atleast a week's worth of "Air Ya' Can Wear" coming at Us here in Der' Ohio! Thankfully,the Ol' Freetown Fred Woolrich Sock Filter can hold up under these kinds of Hijinx!! Thankfully,Your Kitchen Staff has been burnin' Da' Early Mornin' Coal to bring All of You Your "Mainah Breakfast Favorites! Kinda funny to watch FFred,D-Frost,Warm and Todd tussle over who does the best batter drops onto the Griddle Top! Me? I just keep my mouth shut(If You Can Believe That!) and steadfastly keep performing on the Bacon and Sausage Production Line!! I've been getting alot done at Home as I'm in week 2 of "Away from Da' Bay!" I'll be wrapping up the Home Swing and getting back there this coming week. I'm a Fortunate Guy,as it takes a crowbar to pop me out of the Bay,and Home! Tis' A Good Life! Take Care My Fellow Coal Curmudgeons! As Freddy always sez:"Don't Forget To Hug Your Loved Ones,And Forward We Go"!!

johnjoseph
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Other Heating: pellet stove, oil boiler

Post by johnjoseph » Sat. Aug. 07, 2021 6:03 am

Top of the morning HB....I'm in the eggs and toast this morning...early start here, much cooler working on projects early.
FB_IMG_1626826102298.jpg
.JPG | 6.3KB | FB_IMG_1626826102298.jpg
The sky here has been super hazy; forest fires out west so they say. Went to the Northern Maine Trailer Park Olympics last evening and they were rolling coal.
.MP4 | 42.8MB | 20210806_185207.mp4
.MP4 | 140.9MB | 20210806_184517.mp4
Converting a chicken coop into a reloading room in my garage. My sons idea, but it's not going to be so bad when its complete. Gonna finish up mounting a heat pump this morning as well. The boy will wire it all up and his boss will come inspect the job and charge the system next week. He (my son) starts tech school in 2 weeks for industrial, commercial and domestic electrical; He enjoys the work and makes some decent $$$. Anyhow fellas...have a great weekend and I'll leave the rest of the homemade oatmeal bread and butter for those who partake in such things.

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Sat. Aug. 07, 2021 7:52 am

Up late, I guess others are also. Cool this morning at 70 but hot and humid is building back better. Picking up a new to me X360 John Deere mower today, replacing the L100 series that is just a glorified Craftsman or other brand. This one has power steering and power deck lift. I think I will like the Kawasaki engine better also. Then helping move a duck house/cage the guy with the mower has built. New ducks today.
I can hear the grass growing....gotta go get it.

Kevin

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Aug. 07, 2021 9:02 am

Morning all!

Thanks for the good eats guys. I brought some danish to go with the coffee. No much going on here. This week I did some work on the new Crown Vic and go it ready for State Inspection next Friday. Did the mowing yesterday evening. We had a break from the high heat and humidity this week but today we are heading right back into it. :x

Have a good weekend everybody!
-Don

buffalo bob
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 354 and a 254
Coal Size/Type: anthracite nut

Post by buffalo bob » Sat. Aug. 07, 2021 10:55 am

morning all i cheated this am went to the store for ice cream and breakfast sand. to hot and humid to do much gunna sit under the ceiling fan and take it easy today, maybe all next week till this crap breaks..have a good week all see ya..B.B.

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sat. Aug. 07, 2021 11:14 am

Thats some serious smoke JJ!

The smoke in the air has been terrible here some days. I can smell it here most of the time, especially at night. A couple days the sun was half blocked. Hope they get all those fires out soon.

Rain here today I hope. Still a drought even though Ive gotten some rain. Lilacs are going dormant, some tree's look like crap. My Dads 120+ year old norway spruce is dying at its 80 foot tall top from lack of moisture.

Enough gloom and doom! LOL Its been a wonderful bugless year. I was wondering some thick bottom woodland this week and hardly a bug to be found. The bats must be going hungry, i hope, lol

Ive been thinking of diving down into Iowa the day of the Field of Dreams game but unsure I could get within a mile of the place as its a small road and on a dead end if I remember right. The towns atmosphere would be neat though. Theres a motorcycle museum kind of on the same path too. But talk is cheap, lol

mntbugy
Hand Fed Coal Stove: D S 1500, Warm Moring 400
Baseburners & Antiques: Art Garland 145,GW114 ,Clarion 115, Vestal 20 Globe,New Royal22 Globe, Red Cross Oak 56,Acme Ventiduct 38,Radiant Airblast 626,Home Airblast 62,Moores #7,Moores 3way
Coal Size/Type: stove and nut and some bit
Other Heating: Propain

Post by mntbugy » Sat. Aug. 07, 2021 12:43 pm

Somebody said "rolling coal".

Coal rolls here, out of 5 tailpipes and 2 chimney pipes. :clap:

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Aug. 07, 2021 1:16 pm

afternoon all,
I'm late.......adding ice to my coffee............. back into the 90's we go...........go slow, go low, and stay cool!!!!!!!!
Cheers

anthony7812
Stoker Coal Boiler: VanWert VA 400
Coal Size/Type: Buck/Anthracite

Post by anthony7812 » Sat. Aug. 07, 2021 2:21 pm

Well friends , I’m on cup 128362683 so far today. Last week I mentioned we paid off our home, sooooo done gone and finally recouped what I sold to buy my van wert! 2021 King quad 750 in the driveway! I went back to the dealer I purchased my arctic cat from back in 08. It was a left over 06 I stole from them pretty much. Before I had any kiddos and could make such purchases. Shockingly they still had all my info and the sales guy was still the same. Widdle’d a few hundy off and also got a couple helmets for free. Holy cripes they’ve climbed in cost. They were happy, I was happy and the deal was made. Probably be the last “fun” purchase for a many year. Have college to worry about for the youngin’s if I can’t sway their little minds to join the Air Force. They will bare some burden but they aren’t gonna starve if i can help it.
The best advice I have been given in a long time has really helped the last few months. Stop watching the news, stop scrolling through social media and reading all the nonsense that’s going on. It’s all bullshit to someone and the loudest voice isn’t the only voice and sometimes the loudest voice is the smallest voice. Goin on 3 weeks of avoiding any major news outlet. I feel amazing. Media just loves negativity. And I can say it highly effects ya if your not careful. Family has never been so great. Enjoy the weekend fellas

theo

Post by theo » Sat. Aug. 07, 2021 2:36 pm

Pictures Anthony, We need pictures!!!! :D

johnjoseph
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Other Heating: pellet stove, oil boiler

Post by johnjoseph » Sat. Aug. 07, 2021 3:33 pm

:lol: :yes:
mntbugy wrote:
Sat. Aug. 07, 2021 12:43 pm
Somebody said "rolling coal".

Coal rolls here, out of 5 tailpipes and 2 chimney pipes. :clap:

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Sat. Aug. 07, 2021 5:29 pm

HB thanks for the open! Everyone seems to be doing well! Hot and humid for sure. My weekend to work mornings. Then the mad rush began when I got home. Split and stacked two cords of wood going to try and sell it, tired of looking at it. Probably have another ten cord up on the hill covered and about two years old, guess what? I hate wood!!! This weeks project is going to be a rip down of my deck and replace with a much much smaller double landing and double stairs to a ground patio sick of the staining every few years and the top is pretty close to shot after 18 years. Pics to follow once I get started. Lumber prices seem to be dropping, Im going to do composite this time around. Garden is going strong, everything is mighty tasty! Well guys I hope everyone has a great weekend!

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Aug. 07, 2021 7:50 pm

Busy, busy day--I'm pooped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sun. Aug. 08, 2021 11:43 pm

Two busy days.... I'm pooped!

Plenty of good this summer..... Just look for it, You'll find it!

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Mon. Aug. 09, 2021 10:11 am

Indeed Freddy--to many forget that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Return to “The Coffee House”