Coffee 7/31/2021

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Sat. Jul. 31, 2021 5:58 am

Top of the morning fellows! A weekend off for me so it’s a long list of chores around the house. Great garden this year, rain and heat sure makes things grow. Let’s start the day with the sock packed full and hit the brew button! Bacon, fresh eggs any way you want them and toast with peach preserves should get our day started! Forward we go! Have a great weekend!

johnjoseph
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Other Heating: pellet stove, oil boiler

Post by johnjoseph » Sat. Jul. 31, 2021 6:31 am

I'll add some biscuits and gravy to the table T....great road eats...East bound and down folks, have a great day!

coalder
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: harman sf 160
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: wood parlor stove

Post by coalder » Sat. Jul. 31, 2021 7:25 am

Great breakfast guys!! Wife & I are headed north to the ADK's this morning for a week of camping. Really looking forward to it after last year of not doing much. Bought a new griddle top for the camp chef & hope to give it a good workout. Planning on having a " forum breakfast" every morning, maybe even catch a brook trout or two. Take care & have a good weekend,
Jim

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Jul. 31, 2021 7:27 am

Mornin'
Great breakfast, thank you. Say "bye-bye" to July.......... In this area, July rain broke many records. We needed the rain, and, Mother Nature delivered. Have a good week-end guys/gals.
Cheers

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Jul. 31, 2021 8:39 am

Morning all!

Thanks for breakfast guys, good stuff! Yesterday, after months of searching, I got a P71 Crown Victoria in very nice shape. These cars are great heavy duty, all purpose cars for those of us that like good handling V8, rear wheel drive cars.
IMG_0002.JPG
.JPG | 293.3KB | IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG
.JPG | 291.7KB | IMG_0003.JPG
I'll check it out for state inspection today and probably do some mowing. Pretty nice down here today, about 80 with low humidity.

Have a good weekend everyone!
-Don

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Jul. 31, 2021 8:47 am

Nice find Don. I have owned 2 different P71's and also two Grand Marquis. They are great cars.

I am in Massena NY this morning, and we started the day at 53 degrees. We are camping right next to the St. Lawrence river and can hear the water going through a nearby Hydroelectric plant at night.

Attachments

PXL_20210731_120600655.jpg
.JPG | 575.1KB | PXL_20210731_120600655.jpg

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Sat. Jul. 31, 2021 9:08 am

Morning, 78 already and 87% humidity. It has been hot and humid all week and it somewhat ends today. Been laying low in the afternoons when it is the hottest.
Hitting the water later as the son and grands have returned from Maine and are looking for some boat time. School starts soon for them down here. God knows what that will look like in the crazy times.
I leave in 2 weeks for the International border at Lubec and New Brunswick myself. Should be a great week up there, taking friends this time.
Have a great weekend!

Kevin

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Jul. 31, 2021 9:41 am

Last Of July "Special Coffee"!! Spanx-A-Lot Todd For "Da' Big Open"!!
I'm currently being processed at the "Carbon Detention Center" to do my time for Criminal Negligence! This Ol' Boy slept in heavy,again! It's Great to see All of You that step right in to Free Flow this place of Saturday Existence!! Kinda Humbling to Witness,actually! I've been up to Simple Malfeasance and General No Good lately. I seem to have found that I'm damned good at it! Da' Bay has provided everything my Old Butt could hope for! Currently,I'm doing a 10 day stretch at Home in order to have something to come back to come that 2nd week in November! It's been very reminiscent of Freddy's South & North Camp Stories. Soo,in closing,Trust Ol' Ham when he tells Ya's to "Get Out There & Do Something,Even If It's Wrong!"

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Jul. 31, 2021 9:47 am

Outstaning b-fast T--thanx--good add in JJ---Rob, I'm shocked ya posted a side-ways pix!! LOL today calls for mowin & yard sales. Wrong indeed HB!!!!!! double LOL

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sat. Jul. 31, 2021 10:07 am

I like the new ride Stoker. Ive been driving a civilian Crown Vic for years now and love it. How they ever made a car that big get 25MPG is amazing, but I do know the police models dont. I need a lot of space to haul things and its hard to beat a Vic for that.

Going to go watch some grass drag racing this morning, maybe burnouts this afternoon. I'll see how the day turns out.

Bring some moose roast next time JJ. Thats good stuff!

anthony7812
Stoker Coal Boiler: VanWert VA 400
Coal Size/Type: Buck/Anthracite

Post by anthony7812 » Sat. Jul. 31, 2021 11:11 am

This mornings coffee is a bit strong in this house. A slight Irish oak barrel flavor has been added 😉. In full celebration mode. As of 1:30pm yesterday, at 34 years of age, I no longer have a mortgage. Fully paid off. 30 year paid off in 10yrs and 5 months. A huge weight off the shoulders. Watching my friends and neighbors buy toys and pretty amazing vacations were forgone for my family for many years. Along with working every holiday I could. Those days hopefully will be behind me and the next young man or woman hopefully can fill that void. Anyway, celebrating this weekend and start the next goal plan next week. Enjoy this weather!

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Jul. 31, 2021 1:02 pm

freetown fred wrote:
Sat. Jul. 31, 2021 9:47 am
Outstaning b-fast T--thanx--good add in JJ---Rob, I'm shocked ya posted a side-ways pix!! LOL today calls for mowin & yard sales. Wrong indeed HB!!!!!! double LOL
I know it, too busy to fix it. Why don't you work on it for me. :lol:

franco b
Site Moderator
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Post by franco b » Sat. Jul. 31, 2021 2:13 pm

anthony7812 wrote:
Sat. Jul. 31, 2021 11:11 am
This mornings coffee is a bit strong in this house. A slight Irish oak barrel flavor has been added 😉. In full celebration mode. As of 1:30pm yesterday, at 34 years of age, I no longer have a mortgage. Fully paid off. 30 year paid off in 10yrs and 5 months. A huge weight off the shoulders. Watching my friends and neighbors buy toys and pretty amazing vacations were forgone for my family for many years. Along with working every holiday I could. Those days hopefully will be behind me and the next young man or woman hopefully can fill that void. Anyway, celebrating this weekend and start the next goal plan next week. Enjoy this weather!
Well done.You will now have years to reap the benefit.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Jul. 31, 2021 5:34 pm

Congrats A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yep--OK Rob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

johnjoseph
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Other Heating: pellet stove, oil boiler

Post by johnjoseph » Sun. Aug. 01, 2021 11:30 am

Productive and tasty morning!
It's not moose roast, but it'll do.

FB_IMG_1625085622272.jpg
.JPG | 53.4KB | FB_IMG_1625085622272.jpg

Return to “The Coffee House”