Coffee 7-10-2021

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Jul. 10, 2021 6:56 am

Oh, Mama! All this rain left the Woolrich Sock with just enough dampness to give the coffee an extra boost this morning. Pair it with some Belgium Waffles & it's looking like a good weekend.

Is it too early to think about next years coal supply? The sooner we get stocked up, the better.

We got four inches of rain yesterday in about 6 hours. I have never seen 4 inches in one day in my entire life.....and I keep watch! Until 15 about years ago I had never seen 3 inches. Times are a-changing.

Hope you all have a smooth weekend. Hug your loved ones.... You know the drill.

anthony7812
Stoker Coal Boiler: VanWert VA 400
Coal Size/Type: Buck/Anthracite

Post by anthony7812 » Sat. Jul. 10, 2021 7:31 am

Window machines are silent and the smell of coffee is floating around the house this morning. Summer started with a bang but seems to have turned soggy pretty quick. Quiet weekend, a few small chores to get done but it maybe a coffee and deck kinda afternoon. It’s about the time I order my 4 ton for the winter. Hard to believe the days are getting shorter and snow could fly in less than 3 months.

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Jul. 10, 2021 7:37 am

Mornin'
Coffee & waffles, yes sir......sounds good. Last week I was saying how dry it was.....no more. The rain gauge added 3 1/2" yesterday, and, I discovered that both of my sump pumps are doing their job, pumping!!! We'll be mowing next week, for sure.

"Black Rocks"....I put 3 ton in the basement 2 days before the first heat wave, added to the 1+ ton left from last Winter. I bought an extra ton to feed the Harman MK ll in the basement. We're going to heat the hard wood floors in this old house this season. Chubby did it's job keeping the pipes from freezing, but heating 1500 sq/ft of cold concrete block basement is asking to much. This will be a good test for the MK ll.

Stay Happy, Healthy, & Cool guys/gals,
Cheers

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Jul. 10, 2021 7:37 am

Good morning. The rain missed us, and we are headed into a beautiful day. It is supposed to be 80 and sunny this afternoon. My boys are enjoying the summer weather and the dog is doing his best to stay out of their way.

In other news, I got sick of my basement being humid and the dehumidifier running non stop, so I fired my EFM back up two days ago.

Attachments

PXL_20210629_230702187.jpg

Pool getting a lot of use

.JPG | 584.9KB | PXL_20210629_230702187.jpg
PXL_20210706_221453223.jpg

Dog cooling off

.JPG | 761.3KB | PXL_20210706_221453223.jpg
PXL_20210629_153904384.jpg

Boys picking wild strawberries

.JPG | 476KB | PXL_20210629_153904384.jpg

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Jul. 10, 2021 8:33 am

Morning All!

Not much going on down here. 80's with low humidity today. Starting Monday, it's all 90's all week, YUK! I hate Summer.

Got a little bit of work done on the car yesterday. Probably do a little more today.

Have a good weekend everybody!
-Don

buffalo bob
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 354 and a 254
Coal Size/Type: anthracite nut

Post by buffalo bob » Sat. Jul. 10, 2021 9:14 am

good morn all... well i made it in time for a good breakfast today...beautiful morn here 60 and humidity low luv it...not much going on here, another day of r&r...waiting to see if the grandson will graduate from army ranger school last day of swamp i hope been a tough 8 weeks for him, starvation,fatigue etc.will know tomorrow,praying for him...thats all the news from here on wills mountain..see ya.. B.B.

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Jul. 10, 2021 10:34 am

Yo-Ho Coal Creatures! The Summer Reports being registered at Freddy's are a very nice read! The Perennial Woolrich Sock always stands Da' Test O' Time!! So Good to see Freddy himself kick the door in,turn on the lights,and light the fires! Stay loose,Gang!!

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Jul. 10, 2021 10:35 am

Ruh-Ro! Accidental Double Post!!

BunkerdCaddis
Stoker Coal Boiler: Bairmatic-Van Wert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Van Wert VW85H
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II working when I feel the desire, Waterford 105 out on vacation, Surdiac Gotha hiding somewhere
Coal Size/Type: pea/nut/rice/stove-anthracite, nut/stove bit when I feel the urge
Other Heating: oil fired hydronic

Post by BunkerdCaddis » Sat. Jul. 10, 2021 10:58 am

Good morning all,
Big job of the day is back-filling footers for the coal mancave addition... the Van Wert hand fired has been waiting so patiently, finally got the block guy out and now I'm far enough out from my surgery to do some lifting so I'll push the wacker along. The rain kind of made it a little damp so it's not pounding like I'd like... Have a most pleasant day all.

Attachments

Image.jpeg
.JPEG | 1.2MB | Image.jpeg

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sat. Jul. 10, 2021 11:11 am

Cloudy and rainy here, looks like for a week. That after a year long dry spell. Corn is tasseling here in some spots now so summer is moving fast.

I was outside, the wind is from the east and I thought I smelled skunk but now I know it was damp wool socks! Add's flavor to the coffee... kind of tastes like skunky Moosehead beer that way.... a good way to have it. Have fun everyone!

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Sat. Jul. 10, 2021 2:09 pm

Late to the party, going to another one in a few. Big annual party here in the subdivision for Tiki Man Radio. Fellow has an internet radio station that is quite popular and people are here from North of Montreal to the Keys of Fla.
Finalized our plans for Maine, heading up from 14th of Aug to the 22nd. Got a couple of friends making the trip with us, going to show them the real Maine. Other family members are making the trek at the same time along with other acquaintances. Might be a big time Downeast.
Found out a Niece that lives here will be going to Grand Lake Stream for a hunting and fishing trip with here Tenn husband. They asked if I knew where it was....LOL. I used to get on an atv and make the 50 mile trip some weekends. Plus I grew up playing baseball in every corner of Washington county, ME. Really gorgeous area in the Northern part of the county next to the Peter Dana reservation. Native Americans that is.
Anyhoo, hot, humid, pop up T storms with the potential for strong ones.... Have a great weekend all.

Kevin

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. Jul. 10, 2021 2:16 pm

Well you still have it Freddy opened up this morning without a hitch!. I see everyone is staying busying and thinking about this winters supply :yes: its only going to get more expensive as the diesel fuel prices rise, I put in 50 Gallons on Wednesday at the tune of $174.00 :o ( Thank you JB's puppeteers :no1: )
We have a break from camping this weekend to catch up on *censored* around the house and go to two parties, I did some maintenance on the camper yesterday and replaced the tv antenna and resealed the roof on my cousins trailer this morning now we are off to a family party.
Have a good one people and enjoy!

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Sun. Jul. 11, 2021 6:44 am

Good morning guys. Thanks for the opening yesterday coffee house founder Freddy! Waffles sound real good! Everyone’s summer is in full swing with projects and fun activities. Spent the day yesterday mowing and trimming up some shrubs. Looks like rain on the horizon this morning if so I’ll just tinker in the shop. Heading to my brother in law’s for my mother in law’s birthday later today. Heard something about a brisket there yummy! Well guys have a great week!

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Jul. 11, 2021 9:18 am

Good show Freddy!!! Alive & kinda well here on the hill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Return to “The Coffee House”