Freddy's Coffeehouse-Father's Day Weekend Special-19June2021

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Jun. 19, 2021 3:20 am

Rather Early Mornin' Greetins',Carbon Pilgrims! Had to pull this "Fast One" prior to taking a nap! Heck,I'd never get this published in a timely manner if I didn't do it now! Seems to me that tomorrow is Father's Day! Wow,24 Whole Hours For Da' Old Man!! Whoopee! I'm thinkin' We'll crank out whatever Your Hearts Desire for this one! We'll make it for Ya',from Mild to Wild! You'll also get it with a smile,even if it kills Ya'..! Take Over,Gang! This Old Man's gonna take a Micro-Snoozer and rejoin Ya's when Da' Sun Rises!!

gaw
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Post by gaw » Sat. Jun. 19, 2021 6:48 am

Ham Bob thanks for leaving the lights on, it looks as though you shut down the watering hole this morning.

After some breakfast and the grass drying I suppose I'll do some hay making before the afternoon T-storms.

Last Sunday or Monday I saw a hummingbird flying by the hook where the feeder was hanging last year so I had to get it back out ASAP. I had customers within hours and now I have been getting entertained with their antics. One has claimed it for his own and tries to defend it from others and a few days ago I got to see a mating dance. Funny little birds and surprising how much them little guys drink.
20210618_201615.jpg
.JPG | 144.9KB | 20210618_201615.jpg
20210618_201634.jpg
.JPG | 223.9KB | 20210618_201634.jpg

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. Jun. 19, 2021 7:41 am

Good morning friends, (thanks HB)and hows your day so far? Ok here just trying to enjoy our last day of out trip here in the quad city area( Illinois and Iowa) heading back tomorrow 😞. Its been a great trip with just the two of us, did some site seeing, ate good and enjoyed some of our favorite adult beverages.
Home for two days then were off for a long weekend camping with friends and family not to far from HB’s bay sanctuary and the rollercoaster capital which we have reservations for( need reservations to go into an a amusement park :lol:) stupid dumb *censored* i have never seen anything like this before.

I put my feeders out two weeks ago Glen and I haven’t seen a single bird yet, kinda strange as we always have humming birds around.

Ok people have a great day.

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Sat. Jun. 19, 2021 8:06 am

HB thanks for starting us out! Shutting down water hole sounds about right lol. Keep did you give up on work for the summer? Camp, home for two days then camp again, good for you! Glad your enjoying your trip with the wife! Hopefully the rain holds off today I need to pull some weeds and tidy up the landscape some. Garden looking real good lots of black raspberries this year I need to pick those today also. Happy Father’s Day guys. Scrambled eggs with sausage mixed in and toast with strawberry preserves as we have to eat here! Have a great weekend!

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. Jun. 19, 2021 8:39 am

Toddburn wrote:
Sat. Jun. 19, 2021 8:06 am
HB thanks for starting us out! Shutting down water hole sounds about right lol. Keep did you give up on work for the summer? Camp, home for two days then camp again, good for you! Glad your enjoying your trip with the wife!
No i still work, i only work Monday through Thursday and my weekend guy works Friday through Sunday. My week is only 4 days and with 4 weeks ( soon to be 5) of vacation i have a good amount of time away from work plus it works out for everyone, he heads West in the winter for golfing and we don’t camp much then so the company gets it coverage and everyone is happy!!

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Jun. 19, 2021 8:45 am

Morning all!

Thanks for the great eats guys, I was hungry. :D Not much going on around here other than some mowing and some wrench turning. The Van Wert is handling the Summertime hot water duty.
IMG_8087.JPG
.JPG | 249.8KB | IMG_8087.JPG
IMG_8088.JPG
.JPG | 212.2KB | IMG_8088.JPG
Happy Fathers Day everyone!
-Don

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Jun. 19, 2021 9:52 am

Rather early my ass HB!! LOL Had to give one of my filly's a double penicillin shot This AM--dry cough--should straighten it out. Mornin all. Just got a bunch of STUFF to do this week-end!! Enjoy people!! :)

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Jun. 19, 2021 10:29 am

Mornin'
Happy Fathers Day coal burners...........and Summer begins 'officially'.....let the good times roll!!!!!!
I have 3 ton of Lehigh(1 ton/pallet) being delivered Tuesday........next weeks project getting them into the basement.....Have a great week-end, everyone.
Cheers

buffalo bob
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 354 and a 254
Coal Size/Type: anthracite nut

Post by buffalo bob » Sat. Jun. 19, 2021 12:56 pm

gday all.. starting brunch soon busy here this am, jimmy dean breakfast bowl here quick and easy...got all my mowing done thurs/fri. .. the hummers went away when the cacadies started screaming, got one or 2 showing up,,,its deafening here in the woods, be glad when these bast---s are gone...lol...well take it easy all see ya next week...B.B.

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sat. Jun. 19, 2021 1:10 pm

Nice, somewhat calm, warm, dry day here before I finally get some real rain (hopefully). Crops are spiking and need it. Think I'll get all my camping gear checked over this weekend. Mainly the tent and air mattresses. Im feeling the need for a canoe trip soon and nothing would suck worse than a flat air mattress, lol. Take care and happy Daddy's Day to our black rock Dad's here.

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Jun. 19, 2021 10:32 pm

Ahh,Another Fine Showing Of The "Coal Faithfuls" Today!! Good to see and hear all of what You Fine Folks have going on! This Ol' Mental Midget got 5 hours of shut eye,then actually hit Da' Ground running until just a bit ago! Today's weather included some Big Time Downpours and a Probable Tornado 2 Towns South of Us! Must've known that I slithered Home from Da' Bay and wanted to throw me a "Warm Reception"! Take Good Care,All Of My Knuckle Busting Fathers!! Tomorrow,according to Da' Commercial Types,Is Our Day! As the Fabulous Freddy always Sez:"Forward We Go,And Don't Forget To Hug Your Loved Ones"!!

Return to “The Coffee House”