Freddy's Coffeehouse Hot-N-Steamy12June2021

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Jun. 12, 2021 5:31 am

Well,Good Morning,Coal Campers!
Air You can wear! Between that,Monsoons & High Heat,coupled with Long Days are a goin' on! Come on in,settle in for one of Freddy's Super Summer Spanker Breakfasts! FFred's in Da' Galley,along with Warm,Dfrost &Uncle Toddburn! No Employee Shortage here! Take Care,Gang! And,As the Fabulous Freddy always Sez: "Forward We Go,And Don't Forget To Hug Your Loved Ones!!"

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Sat. Jun. 12, 2021 6:03 am

oh, man...it's the big 50 for me today. :what:

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Jun. 12, 2021 6:31 am

Mornin all--shame ya cut birth dates here on the FORUM Scott--used to be we cared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT, I guess if your B-day gets ya to show up--so be it!! :( Cloudy & drizzly here on the hill--got mowin done yesterday--time to feed the horses--enjoy the week-end people. :) OK--flap-jacks are ready--gotta go!! LOL Thanx for openin up HB. :)

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Jun. 12, 2021 7:10 am

Good morning. It is only 50 degrees here, but at least the humidity blew out of town. Supposed to be almost 80 and sunny this afternoon, a great day for baseball.

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Sat. Jun. 12, 2021 8:26 am

Air you could cut down here all week, supposed to be great the next week. Off to a grand opening/new location of the largest Honda dealer in the country and get in the boat later.
Happy 50th Mayor.

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Jun. 12, 2021 8:41 am

Morning all!

Happy 50 Mayor!

Too wet to mow down here today. Rained all day yesterday and this morning. Mid 70's for a high today. I'm like'in this cooler weather!

The Cicadas here are deafening! Never seen or heard anything like it.
IMG_8052.JPG
.JPG | 229.3KB | IMG_8052.JPG
The last bit of Pea coal is in the dog house in the Axeman. We will be switching over to the Van Wert tomorrow.

Have a good week everyone!
-Don

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Jun. 12, 2021 9:12 am

Mornin'
Thanks for the coffee, HB. Our 5 days of 90* Florida weather has moved on........now we can get back to doing stuff.
Happy Birthday, Mr. Mayor. Enjoy the week-end, everyone.
Cheers

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A
Coal Size/Type: PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar

Post by McGiever » Sat. Jun. 12, 2021 9:20 am

Morning all! Happy 5 O Mayor!
Looking forward to cold front moving in here Sunday . Had our cicadas a few years back. Cicadias are good food for many critters...you may find recipes for yourself to try. :)
Last edited by McGiever on Sat. Jun. 12, 2021 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sat. Jun. 12, 2021 10:32 am

Happy 50th Mayor!

Finally a cool day here. Thistles are getting ready to blossom in the pasture so I guess I'll fire up the Oliver 70 and disc those suckers and the tall grass down.

Lots of coyotes around here again. I can sit outside at dark and hear them in all directions every night. Its music to my ears.

We dont get many of those big bugs here. Enjoy them while you have them. By the river in a town called Lake City MN they get mayflies every year so thick they sometimes have to use a road grader to clear the bridges as they get so slippery. Sit still and they cover you. Kind of fun to see. Enjoy!

coaledsweat
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by coaledsweat » Sat. Jun. 12, 2021 10:58 am

Tucker loves his cicadas!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j& ... 0cVSlgB82A

Happy Five O boss!

anthony7812
Stoker Coal Boiler: VanWert VA 400
Coal Size/Type: Buck/Anthracite

Post by anthony7812 » Sat. Jun. 12, 2021 11:23 am

Coffees still hot ! Happy birthday mayor! Tackling a much needed 2 week old lawn haircut today. Softball softball softball, house with 3 girls and a wife I can’t be thankful enough they play sports at least. Little league about wrapped up for us and travel ball starts Tuesday. My 12 year old shortstop wants to be a catcher now. Was hesitant, but seeing her fire it from home to second without a drop, I said give it a go kid. Making up for lack of play time, started April with little league, playing travel until august then junior high softball in the fall. We get 2 years of this with how her age falls with little league. Maybe earn a little college money in a few years if she sticks with it. Anywho, remember what counts in your life and give it your best today folks.

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Jun. 12, 2021 11:30 am

No Cicadas here, but the gypsy moths are eating all of the maple trees.

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Sat. Jun. 12, 2021 5:45 pm

Well we’ll well… Thanks for the open HB. Happy Birthday Mayor! Everyone seems busy and hot! My weekend to work mornings then had a side job putting in new downspout drains. Finished up around 3 then jumped in my sister in-laws pool. I think I’ll do nothing the rest of the evening. Well fellows have a great weekend!

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Sun. Jun. 13, 2021 6:52 am

freetown fred wrote:
Sat. Jun. 12, 2021 6:31 am
BUT, I guess if your B-day gets ya to show up--so be it!! :(
I don't post consistently but I'm here at least once a day. Usually around this time as I prepare for the grind of working at my slave job. It sucks when your boss was your best friend since you were about ten. 30+ years ago I was the bike mechanic there, I make jokes with the bike mechanic that has 35 years experience that I have seniority. He is also childhood friend.

I'm like the pinch hitter there, I do everything but work on small engines or sales/service on high end bikes. I deal with the hardware, Stihl stuff, put some bikes together once in awhile, minor bike repairs and many other things but I swear I spend more time cutting up cardboard than anything. I'm actually perfect for this job since I know the hardware, the bikes and only have about 1000 hours running a chainsaw. Not to mention the computer stuff. :D

Today I'm back to sorting nuts and bolts, a project I started in the Fall but had to put on the side. The store has huge selection and they moved from Servalite to Midwest, I'm sure most of you should be familiar with those small drawers for nut/bolt assortments and what not. There is probably about 400 of those assortments and each one of them needs to get moved to the new Midwest box. This would be a lot of work normally but it's been compounded by the neglect of the guy that was taking care of it before me. Wrong sizes in slots or just simply something that doesn't belong there. e.g wood screws in sheet metal screw slots and 1/4 nuts/bolts in a box for metric..... Of course the slot for the metric nuts you'll find them below the 1/4 nuts. Hey they looked pretty close..... :roll:

It's a slow process but I'm getting there and when I'm done it's going to be really nice. We should have best selection in the Wyoming Valley in stock.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Jun. 13, 2021 7:12 am

Understood--dealin with a bunch of nuts has always been difficult!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Return to “The Coffee House”