Smooth Coffee 6/5/2021

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Sat. Jun. 05, 2021 6:58 am

Top of the morning fellows! The sock is full the coffee smells wonderful. Eggs over easy, sausage patties and toast should get us going, and maybe we can sneak a slice of fresh angel food cake my wife baked last night. Hot here near 90, garden in full swing and looking good. Grass cutting and yard work today, car cruise tomorrow. Well gang have a great weekend!

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. Jun. 05, 2021 7:17 am

Thanks for opening Todd, did all the yard work yesterday so today is wash the camper, refill some supplies, and we have a grad party this afternoon.
Should been camping this weekend and not last but rain or shine we needed to celebrate and honor those who have fought for our freedom.
June and the I’m not liking the heat already, i just hope this isn’t a sign to come.

HB you guys survive last weekend? I heard the weather was f___ing horrid up at the bay?

Ok friends have a great weekend and stay safe.

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Jun. 05, 2021 7:49 am

Good morning everyone. My dad is home and doing well after open heart surgery last Thursday. They are still trying to get his meds dialed in, but overall he is doing well and on the upswing.

It is sunny and supposed to top out around 80 this afternoon - a great day for baseball. Both of my boys have games, and we just found out that our oldest made the Little League All-Star team. Looks like a summer full of baseball.

Take care everyone.

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Jun. 05, 2021 8:05 am

Wow! I've blown Da' Open 2 weeks in a row! Thanx for kicking the door in,Todd! Last week it was "Weather and Flooding from Hell",this morning it's the "Power Outage from Hell"! The whole Marblehead Peninsula's been off since 0515! Lesser versed Critters seem to be at a loss,while "Us Screwy Old Salts" just seem glad to be here and take it in stride! Amish is in today!
Anywhoo,Barry,Thanx fer' askin',we're cleaned up and operating well! Rob,glad to hear about Pa doing well! As for the rest of You Coal Miscreants,Live Laugh and Love this weekend!!

gaw
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Post by gaw » Sat. Jun. 05, 2021 8:18 am

Coffee is great until that diuretic pill kicks in then it screams to come out with a vengeance.

A hot one here in PA, at least that's what the weather man says. Gonna mow, take a little bike ride, make a fire this afternoon and maybe cook on it the watch the fire while drinking a beer or two after dark. That should be enough for today, don't want to overdo it.

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sat. Jun. 05, 2021 8:49 am

Its been in the 90's here too but so far low humidity and windy so not too bad. Looks like a week long spell of heat coming. Think I'll put some ice in my coffee...

I picked up a couple tons of Blaschak coal from my Amish neighbors this week and can verify freight costs are going up a lot, lol. Been planting various garden stuff here and there and killing the stuff I dont want growing. Today will just be more mowing and staying indoors.

Stay cool!

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Jun. 05, 2021 9:59 am

Morning all!

Yesterday evening I finally got the Old John Deere F915 back into mowing shape! Even though it rained earlier I took it out and mowed for about 45 minutes. This was only the second time I mowed this year so my grass is pretty dern high. :o

Gonna be Hot Hot Hot! down here for the next few days and then just Hot! Should be able to get the rest of the mowing done.

Have a good weekend everybody!
-Don

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Jun. 05, 2021 12:54 pm

It's hot......I'm late for coffee.....gonna put ice in mine, thank you. Trying to get the small stuff done early in the day.......at 90*....I do nuthin'!!!!! Stay cool, guys/gals.
Cheers

buffalo bob
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 354 and a 254
Coal Size/Type: anthracite nut

Post by buffalo bob » Sun. Jun. 06, 2021 12:54 pm

good morn all, i was here yesterday but didn't feel like typing just read a little.been hot here on the mtn. just hanging here under the ceiling fan. one good thing saves on coal..well not much to say made my own coffee this am...have a good week all...B.B.

Return to “The Coffee House”