Coffee at Freddys-5-29-21

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. May. 29, 2021 7:17 am

Mornin'
Coffee is perkin', bring an umbrella to any outside activities........Memorial Day week-end....let us remember those that gave their life protecting our freedom. May they never be forgotten.
Raining.......good day to watch the grass grow with a cup of java. Take care everyone.
Cheers

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. May. 29, 2021 7:54 am

Spanx Alot for Da' Open,D-frost! I'm a hair late this a.m.! We've had the stuffing blown right out of Us! A Full Blown Gale,Monsoon-Like Rain,and Massive West End Lake Erie/Sandusky Bay Flooding sure has taken the starch right out of Our Memorial Day Weekend! Alot of recovery work to do at Our Marina means We'll be pretty busy. Thank God We Remember what Memorial Day's Truly About! It's more than OK to send a Comfort to those Fine Folks that Served & "Made It Back To The World",and to those who Survived The Loss of a Loved One in The Service... Stay Loose,and as Freddy always sez': "Forward We Go,And Don't Forget To Hug Your Loved Ones"!!

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. May. 29, 2021 8:13 am

Mornin all--for all those that gave their lives so we can have the freedoms we enjoy today.

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. May. 29, 2021 8:39 am

Good morning. My big news for the weekend is that my dad is doing great after open heart surgery Thursday morning. Some of you know may remember that he has a type of heart disease unique to agent orange exposure. He was really going downhill until we made the trip to the Cleveland Clinic about 5 years ago. They got him feeling much better, and let him know that in addition to the heart disease, in 4-5 years he would need a valve replacement. Our local hospital has been monitoring the function of that valve, and during his last checkup they said it was time. Dad wanted to go back to Cleveland because he was so impressed with them during our last visit, but the problem of a 9 hour ride home after that kind of surgery was tough to solve. He considered flying, but in the end decided to meet with the team over in Burlington VT and see if they were comfortable doing the work. It turned out that they have a surgeon with a lot of experience doing valve replacements, and he also suggested a bypass that would greatly improve the blood flow to the part of the heart that has been starved for so long. We decided that was the right approach, and Thursday afternoon got the news that the procedure went very well. Yesterday mom sent me a picture of dad giving us two thumbs up, and I am planning to go visit him tomorrow.

With all of that said, I recognize that not everyone is this fortunate. When I was in Cleveland with dad I saw a lot of other veterans that were in far worse shape, and certainly there are many more that don't have the resources to get that far. I would guess that most of the men I saw during that visit are no longer with us. I recently became aware of a Vietnam memorial in Rochester NY that sums this up better than I can describe, so I'll just share the link: https://www.vietnam272nd.com/vietnam-soldiers-of- ... tnam-wall/

Be well, and be thankful. I'll be back with an update on Monday.

Den034071
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer, 3095

Post by Den034071 » Sat. May. 29, 2021 9:36 am

My son David had Poorly done surgery for Crohns disease locally 12 years ago .Dave had fecal matter pushing out of his right side abdomin.We had No Faith in the sergeon or his group .Contacted Cleveland Clinic and removed Daves med record .Same we Cleveland did the surgery 12 hours to repair his bowel .Dave was 97 pounds at that time .Dave came home using wheelchair .Twoweeks later using a cane an On To Recovery .Bastard Surgeon Never Sent A Bill or Call To See How Are You Doing .Great Clinic .jack

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. May. 29, 2021 9:39 am

Happy Memorial Day All!

Glad to hear your dad is doing good after the hart repair work. And, A big Thank You to all who have worn the uniform.

Cool and rainy here this weekend, I like it like that! I actually opened up a couple radiators last night! Not much going on here, I will be continuing work on the old car and the old John Deere. I won't get either one done this weekend but maybe next.

Have a good holiday everyone!
-Don

HandFire
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS 110
Coal Size/Type: Stove/Nut

Post by HandFire » Sat. May. 29, 2021 1:30 pm

Stove still doing its duty except with the carbon challeged instant CoalLite, made from the local trees. Bones need to be warmed when the Sun can't do it on days like this. Church bells ringing for the cool wet memorial service. Honor guard with 2 full salutes echoed the words of never forget the fallen with each report. The Bells have been playing 3 times a day since yesterday and will continue into Monday. Everything you have today was possible because of a sacrifice made by a true American. Never forget that.

Attachments

5292021.jpg
.JPG | 259.6KB | 5292021.jpg

LeoinRI
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Fonderies de Lion
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: J.S. Peckham Chicago #10, Weso, Our Glenwood 111, Sougland Excelsior 183

Post by LeoinRI » Sat. May. 29, 2021 2:58 pm

I remember visiting an American cemetery in Europe and seeing 7992 graves. The caretaker told me that there were an additional 9000 soldiers buried there that had since been returned to the US. It is a scene you never forget.
A safe week-end to all.

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sat. May. 29, 2021 3:02 pm

I had the rain most of you are getting the last 2 days and the sun is shining today so its mowing time again. Maybe some spraying too as I have been blessed with multiple crops of nettles.

They opened a new Vet cemetery in a nearby small town a few years ago to take the stress off of the big state one, plus closer for local people to visit. Its only been operating a few years and its amazing how many people I know already buried there. Even one of my classmates. Thanks for everything folks!

Anytime I read stories about people going to all these quack Dr's around the country it reminds me how lucky I am in that department to have Mayo... and the other local hospitals and clinics have to step up a little too to compete with them. A good Dr is great and less than that isnt worth didley squat. enjoy the holiday weekend everyone!

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Sat. May. 29, 2021 4:48 pm

Thanks for the coffee D. Good day for it. Helped a buddy load a excavator this morning with broken control cables and fuel delivery issues it was fun, glad to see it on a low boy headed to its new home in Va. rain all day here I’m being lazy now lol. Good deal on your dad Rob. Happy Memorial Day to everyone and all those who gave the ultimate sacrifice!

buffalo bob
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 354 and a 254
Coal Size/Type: anthracite nut

Post by buffalo bob » Sat. May. 29, 2021 6:32 pm

late again, but i here...sooo glad i have the heat pumps, cold and misurable here rain to go with it, shut the hitzer down a week or so and have it cleaned out...well have a good week all see ya later...B.B.

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. May. 29, 2021 8:51 pm

Thanks for the coffee D... That "let us remember those that gave their life protecting our freedom. May they never be forgotten." sums it up well. There are a lot of men & women that came before us and gave their all so that we could have all we have today. May God rest their souls.

Rob.... Glad your dad is on the mend. May he have many years of good health ahead oh him.

We had a great day here.... never did see any rain, and even though the thermometer said 57, it was oddly quite nice out. I got to hug my grand kids & play with ( try to keep up with) 2 yr old Clark all day. Year old Maxine was cute....and easy to keep up with. ;) '

It's SO nice to be able to hug my loved ones! Hope you can too.

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Mon. May. 31, 2021 8:06 am

Mornin'
Mother Nature sure put a damper on this week-end's outside activities. since Friday, 2 3/4 inches of rain in the rain gauge, and more today. I think I'll get me another cup of coffee, and watch the grass grow!!!!!!!
Cheers

Return to “The Coffee House”