Saturdays At Freddy's Coffeehouse22May2021

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. May. 22, 2021 7:00 am

Greetings,Salutations,Late Starts And "Hot Jo" To All! We are Large And In Charge,even with my late start opening up! Let it rip,Gang! Next week starts Da' Official Summer,but do take a Moment and remember what Memorial Day is Truly all about!

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. May. 22, 2021 7:12 am

Mornin all--Memorial Day indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Corn, squash, swiss chard & pumpkin planted last week--Got mowin done yesterday--never seen such a dandiline crop!!! (spell checks not even helpin with that one) LOL Thanx for openin up HB. :) Enjoy the week-end people.

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. May. 22, 2021 7:30 am

Mornin'
Ah...coffee...Thank you, HB. Forecast 90* today, Summer weather is here. Rhododendrons and lilys are blooming, and, yeah, the dan-dee- lions!!!!! Gonna get a quick second cup, then start the mowing before the temp rises. Have a great week-end, guys/gals.
Cheers

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. May. 22, 2021 8:30 am

Morning All!

Stopped at the John Deere dealer and picked up more parts for the F915. Hopefully I can get that all buttoned up today. I had to borrow the neighbors zero turn last weekend to get something done. :oops: Maybe we'll get some work done on the car this weekend, maybe not?
freetown fred wrote:
Sat. May. 22, 2021 7:12 am
dandiline crop!!! (spell checks not even helpin with that one)
That's OK Fred, we know what you mean. Dan Dee Lions, Indeed! :lol:

Mask mandates lifted in this part of the world! Have a great week everyone!
-Don

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Sat. May. 22, 2021 8:38 am

Ah, the weather. Awesome all last week and now 7 days in the low 90's. Heading out for an old man basketball practice then hit the lake with the son and family. Seems like I have become acclimated as my feelings tell me it has been a cold spring, only to find it has been a completely normal spring.....gotta move further south.....lol.
Have a great weekend everyone.

Kevin

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sat. May. 22, 2021 9:24 am

Finally had some rain here the last few days so Im going to have to mow today whether I want to or not. Ive been slaughtering northerns the last week but not a single one large enough to legally keep. Next time I'll take my canoe to hit a hard to reach spot. The ponds here get awful weedy by the 2nd week of June so only have a short while to fish them.

Just think, if dand da lions were less common, people would grow them on purpose for their beauty instead of spraying them. :)

freetown fred

Post by freetown fred » Sat. May. 22, 2021 11:55 am

I'll be damned!!! I figured after goin through 4" of snow & a dozen hard frosts--- my lilac was lookin so peaked---I thought she was done--- but ALAS--she fooled me--again proving---YEP, the Creator surely DOES have a sense of humor!! :)

Attachments

001.JPG
.JPG | 84.9KB | 001.JPG
003.JPG
.JPG | 81.4KB | 003.JPG

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. May. 22, 2021 12:09 pm

Late? Me? Ha! The coffee is still good. Headin' to north camp. Should be a good time if the black flies give us a break.

Forward we go!

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Sat. May. 22, 2021 6:16 pm

Late to the party... worked this morning then planted zucchini, cukes , green beans, lettuce, and onions. Everything is in except for maybe some corn. Just never have luck with it, it grows nice and tall,nice ears then windstorm blows it over. Got the mowing done too. I think I’ll relax for the rest of the evening. Everyone in the coffee house seems busy with the usual projects, take it easy guys and have a good weekend!

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sun. May. 23, 2021 5:20 am

Madmen One And All! Nice to see that All of You Coal Curmudgeon's are "Yankin' And A Crankin' " on a pile of various and a sundry amount of Subject Projects and Events! Yes,it sure has gone to " Instant Summer" here in the N.E. Ohio! Come to think of it,I was previously sweating it out at The Bay in the N.W. Ohio too! I want to take a Final Moment to Thank You All for giving me a Digitally Mental Hand in sorting and dealing with the loss of Our Pup. In a way,it's good to get my head and heart caved in by the loss of one tiny four-legged Emissary Of Fur! Let's me know that I haven't "Gone Cold"! If me being unashamedly less than candid about what putting her down did to me,and helps any of You get through Your Situation,then Good.
Also,these Saturday Morning "Eye Opener" posts are owned by All Of You! Freddy,in my wretched mind,will always be Da' Guy who Greets You at Da' Door! I don't care if We've got to put up a cardboard backed Standee of him while he's at North/South Camp,or Bustin' Loose on his Jet Ski as a Truly Nautical Mainah'!! That Skeevy Freetown Fred and I mutate well back in the Galley,along with Warm,D-Frost,Todd and a Host of other KP Participants! It truly takes All of You to make that "Woolrich Blend" taste so Good,along with All of Our "Smash Cadet Favorites" of Der Coalboard Food Variety! Thank You for All the Droppin' In that You do,but especially in Da' Boards Off/Slow Season Saturdays! As the Fabulous Freddy always sez: "Forward We Go,And Don't Forget To Hug Your Loved Ones"!!!

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sun. May. 23, 2021 7:24 am

HB,
Good Sunday morning......let's have a cup out on Freddy's deck.....and take a look at how many 'dan-dee-lions' he missed when mowing!!!!!!!
Cheers

HandFire
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS 110
Coal Size/Type: Stove/Nut

Post by HandFire » Sun. May. 23, 2021 8:01 am

The only rock that will be burning today. 8 bells and all is well.

Attachments

2021-05-23 07.51.13.jpg
.JPG | 96KB | 2021-05-23 07.51.13.jpg

freetown fred

Post by freetown fred » Sun. May. 23, 2021 8:50 am

Real purty H--ya old SQUID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Return to “The Coffee House”