Saturdays' At Freddy's Coffeehouse 15May2021

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. May. 15, 2021 3:18 am

Rather Early Saturday Morning Greetings,My Fellow Coal And Coffee Connoisseurs! I've Opened Up A Hair Early. I'm Going To Get Coffee Started,And Make Prep To Get The Coal-Fired Ovens And Stoves Underway. I'll Be Turning The House Ops Over To All Of You This Morning For The Rest Of Da' Ride! I've Got My Hat In My Hand,And I'm Dealing NEPA Style With The Loss Of My Very Own Power-Pup,The Chihuaha Food Bandit Herself,Miss Karli,Better Known As Just Good Ol' Mar As One Of Our Girls Nick-Named Her! 14 Years Was Simply,Selfishly Not Enough!
Now,I'm Not Trying To Bring A Bumout,Nor A Deflator To Our Cherished Get Together! I'm Finding That I Just Can't Fake It,And I Could Simply Use A Little "Seat Time" In Da' Back Of Da' Kitchen,Just To Square This Up... This Just Went Down At The Vet's Friday At 5 PM,Soo I'm Letting Things Settle Down After Damn Near A Month Of "Ol' Mar Hospice"! Sorry,And Thanx! I'll Be Back,Stronger Than Ever,Cause' If Not,I'll Look Real Funny With Freetown Fred's Boot Stuck In My Keister! Now Please,Kick This Joint In High Gear,And Let It Rip On This Fine Saturday!!
27125.jpeg

Me & Ol' Mar!

.JPEG | 83.3KB | 27125.jpeg

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Sat. May. 15, 2021 6:37 am

Good morning guys. Thanks for getting us going HB! Sorry for your loss Bob, Mar sure looks ornery, sucks when a pet has to pass on. Since the ovens are warm scrambled eggs with loose sausage all mixed together and toast with blackberry jam. Our car club is meeting this morning and cruising to the steam engine show in Malden Pa. pictures to follow when we get back. Well I’ve got to get moving need to check car over before we head out. Have a great weekend guys!

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. May. 15, 2021 6:44 am

Mornin all--ya done right for the lil Mar HB--you all shared a lot of happiness with one another!!! :) Beautiful day here on the hill & I'm hopin to get at some mowin. Other then that---not much goin on. Enjoy the week-end people. :)

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. May. 15, 2021 7:20 am

Awww, sorry to hear Misss Karli AKA Mar has gone to the Rainbow Bridge. Memories shall live on!

It looks to be a beautiful day. Off to mow the lawn. Dandelions are fast this year... little buggers.

Hug your loved ones & forward we go!

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. May. 15, 2021 7:24 am

Mornin'
A beautiful day......... I think I'll relax and have a cuppa on Freddy's deck. Weather forecast is 75* today. Been doing yard work, and cleaning up the Harman MK ll....ordered the door glass.
HB- I was always told that 'dog years' was a 7:1 ratio(7x14=98) 98 sounds like a long, good life.......but it's tough to see them go, take care.
Have a nice week-end, everyone.
Cheers

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. May. 15, 2021 7:43 am

Sorry Bob! It's always tough to have a dog pass. I had to bury one of ours last March in a snowstorm.

On a more positive note, today is the opening day of Little League baseball at our local field, and it is supposed to be in the 70's and sunny. Also, the apples trees are in full blossom - which is my cue to shut the EFM down.

BunkerdCaddis
Stoker Coal Boiler: Bairmatic-Van Wert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Van Wert VW85H
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II working when I feel the desire, Waterford 105 out on vacation, Surdiac Gotha hiding somewhere
Coal Size/Type: pea/nut/rice/stove-anthracite, nut/stove bit when I feel the urge
Other Heating: oil fired hydronic

Post by BunkerdCaddis » Sat. May. 15, 2021 8:26 am

Wow HB, sorry to hear that, you never imagine that time coming and then it does and you are left with an empty space... dogs are nothing but love (well most dogs). I lost my Lady a little over a year ago, they are a blessing while we have them. Sitting by the coal stove wasn't the same this year.

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sat. May. 15, 2021 8:51 am

Sorry for your loss HB. Those little dogs are fun to have around.

Today northern fishing season opens and as soon as it warms up a little I'll hit a few small ponds. I can only keep one and it has to be over 24" by law so we shall see. Last year I got skunked for the first time in years and hopefully this year is not a repeat.

The ponds they are in are mostly old iron pits and I can cast across most of them but there are a lot of largemouth bass and northern in them.

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. May. 15, 2021 9:10 am

Morning All!

HB, sorry to hear of your pup's passing. It's a tough deal when you loose your Furry Four Legger.

Down here we will be working on the car today. Yesterday I met forum member MacCoon1 to pick up a pile of AHS parts. I got 2 fan plates, one is for the direct drive fan, the other is for the belt drive fan. Also, 3 fans, ashing motor, ashing crank, 2 new fan plate insulators and a couple aquastats.
IMG_7940.JPG
.JPG | 322KB | IMG_7940.JPG
IMG_7948.JPG
.JPG | 293KB | IMG_7948.JPG
Hummm,,, That there AHS insulated fan plate seems to fit that Axeman Anderson 130M pretty good. :annoyed:
IMG_7949.JPG
.JPG | 338.2KB | IMG_7949.JPG
I wonder what will happen next???

Stay Healthy, Happy and Safe everyone!
-Don

tsb
Stoker Coal Boiler: Binford 2000
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Pioneer top vent
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II
Baseburners & Antiques: Grander Golden Oak , Glenwood # 6
Coal Size/Type: All of them

Post by tsb » Sat. May. 15, 2021 9:41 am

Sorry your little friend stepped on the rainbow. I have a long list of four legged loved ones that have gone to where good doggies go. If there is a heaven, I want to go to dog heaven not people heaven.
Maybe this will cheer you up a bit. I had hernia surgery on Monday and the doc must have missed a very small bleeder.
Now I have something in common with the Pa Farm show. We both have colorful chickens.
Keep your stick on the ice, things get better. Send pictures of the new pup. ( you know you will )

franco b
Site Moderator
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Post by franco b » Sat. May. 15, 2021 11:13 am

Sorry for your tragic loss, very much like losing a child. I wish words could provide some solace for that hole in your emotions. In time though a new pup will provide relief.

buffalo bob
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 354 and a 254
Coal Size/Type: anthracite nut

Post by buffalo bob » Sat. May. 15, 2021 2:01 pm

sorry H B i have lost a bunch of em they all hurt get yourself a new puppie and fall in love again...just got home from upmc pittsburg had 5 spots cut off my liver in yesterday out today and back with my beloved dogs and the hitzer..doc said one the size of a large marble..dont feel to bad little sore..had the best rated liver doc in the usa...dr david geller..well thats all folks see ya B>B.

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Sat. May. 15, 2021 2:57 pm

Sorry for the loss HB. Have had to let go of a few of them myself. Your post this morning makes me appreciate this one parked at my feet just that much more. They are all very special.

CoalHeat
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1959 EFM 350
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Magnafire Mark I
Baseburners & Antiques: Sears Signal Oak 15 & Andes Kitchen Range
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Chestnut
Other Heating: Fisher Fireplace Insert

Post by CoalHeat » Sat. May. 15, 2021 10:09 pm

So sorry to hear HB. They are part of our families, always a tough time saying goodbye and adjusting to life without them.
IMG_0920.JPG
.JPG | 858.6KB | IMG_0920.JPG

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Mon. May. 17, 2021 7:31 am

Thank You All! I've taken the time to turn right into it,and move forward,in force... On to a better,coming Saturday. See You All Here!

Return to “The Coffee House”