Coffee 5/1/2021

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Sat. May. 01, 2021 6:37 am

Good morning fellows, some change to the coffee house, I’ll pack the old sock a bit more full! Coffee is on, eggs over easy, sausage patties, toast along with some strawberry preserves. Chicken coop clean up this morning then grass mowing after the it dries out. Decent amount of rain the past few days. But that’s spring for you. Have a great weekend and welcome anyone new who joins us in the coffee house.

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. May. 01, 2021 7:04 am

Mornin'
Good coffee, Todd, thank you. Mother Nature brought us about 2" inches of rain....that will make the grass grow for mowin'.......maybe tomorrow. April gone...time for May flowers.
You know, Freddy put out a 'hearty' breakfast.....gonna be hard to beat.....thank you, Freddy.
I'll being doing 'yardwork' today...mowin' tomorrow. Take care, and stay healthy.
Cheers

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. May. 01, 2021 7:09 am

Yo-Ho,Todd! Thanx For Kickin' Da' Door In For Freddy! When It Comes To Woolrich Sock Coffee And The "Down Home Mainah Style",This Will Always Be "Freddy's Coffehouse",In Perpetuity,As Long As I Can Type!! Zero Changes Ever In That! Now,Still On Board And Grungy As Ever,Is The Old Hogboiler Himself,None Other Than That Loin Cloth Wearin' Sleaze,Freetown Fred! Workin' With That Native Dreg In Freddy's Kitchen Has Always Been A Dream-Of Cholera!!🤣 In Closing,I Still Rely On The Standard Crew Of Knuckle-Dragging Coal Miscreants To Come In Here,Soil Da' Place With Their Presence,And Leave A Tip!! I Know Warm's Out There,Kickin' Over An Old Manure Pile With D-Frost,Lookin' Fer Nightcrawlers! A Man's Gotta Fish!
In Closing,As Da' "Fabulous Freddy" Would Always Say:"Don't Forget To Hug Your Loved Ones!" As Always,Take Care,Gang!!

Benny
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Koker lite- house. Reading- garage
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Oil

Post by Benny » Sat. May. 01, 2021 7:17 am

9341EE1C-ADA9-4791-9562-46CDCB8D72A7.jpeg
.JPEG | 1.8MB | 9341EE1C-ADA9-4791-9562-46CDCB8D72A7.jpeg
Morning all, great breakfast T at camp this morning wind took down another pine yesterday, the Mule took a hit but fixable. Have a great weekend all.

Attachments

7DC8D7E9-96EF-4F14-B19D-F07B38A062AE.jpeg
.JPEG | 1.8MB | 7DC8D7E9-96EF-4F14-B19D-F07B38A062AE.jpeg

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. May. 01, 2021 7:20 am

Good beautiful sunny morning people( well where I’m at anyways) thanks for opening up the Coffee house Todd everything is perfect and that makes Freddy proud!!
Not much today just some winery hopping in West PA and spending time with friends camping, i cant ask for anything better :yes:
Have a great weekend friends.

PS, you at the bay yet HB?

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Sat. May. 01, 2021 7:28 am

Mr. Mayor. All our posts sound like Freddy is dead it’s his coffee house his name needs put back on it. Just my opinion Thank you for consideration.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. May. 01, 2021 7:49 am

Mornin all---a BIG +1 on that T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. May. 01, 2021 8:12 am

Toddburn wrote:
Sat. May. 01, 2021 7:28 am
Mr. Mayor. All our posts sound like Freddy is dead it’s his coffee house his name needs put back on it. Just my opinion Thank you for consideration.
It does sound like that but he is alive and well!! Times change and it also seems like he doesn’t mind sleeping in on Saturdays :lol:

I get what the Mayor is doing and he is giving us a chance to discuss things again but as regulars at the Coffee House we need to be self moderating and kick a— ‘s of stupid people when needed.
This forum is just like your tv, if you don’t like whats on you have every right to flip the channel but you don’t have the right to bother the Mayor with your hurt feelings!!

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sat. May. 01, 2021 8:32 am

Thanks for bringing up fishing HB! That time is getting real close here... gotta try to follow laws and seasons, some of the time anyway! Northern and bass are lining up for my hook I hope!

Im still pandering about what to do today. I'll be sitting outside at sunset for sure if the dust isnt too bad. The Kentucky Derby might get watched also.

Its supposed to be 85 degrees here today and its moving to most you folks tomorrow. Enjoy! I think I see a chocolate covered long john sitting on the table with m name on it...

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. May. 01, 2021 8:49 am

Morning all!

Glad to see that we are still open at the coffee house. Today I think I will start figuring out what all is wrong with the John Deere, do some shopping and maybe work on the car.

Stay Healthy, Happy and Safe everyone!
-Don

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. May. 01, 2021 8:53 am

The Mule took a hit....and survived! Whew! That could've been worse.
Good morning! Thanks for the coffee.... It's nice to see that even if I'm not here to open it up, others grab the steering wheel & keep us on the road. This retirement thing keeps me too busy so I'm not up as early as I was most of my life. That's part of going forward!
Off to camp.... hope you all have a smooth weekend!

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. May. 01, 2021 9:03 am

Good morning. 37 degrees here, and the wind is roaring. I am headed to Saratoga at lunch time to bring the boys to a soccer tournament. Hopefully it is warmer down there! My EFM is still quietly doings its job. The house is warm top to bottom.

Still no lawn mowing for me. Waiting for the PTO switch to come in the mail.

buffalo bob
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 354 and a 254
Coal Size/Type: anthracite nut

Post by buffalo bob » Sat. May. 01, 2021 10:32 am

lmorning all, well grass cutting for sure today, and maybe tomorrow ifin i get the$hit$ of it today...lol...jimmy dean breakfast bowl today its fast and i gotta get movin...the coffee was good today musta used a semi clean sock...lol...well gotta get going lots to do today...see ya B.B.

Return to “The Coffee House”