Twilight Zone Coffee 10 April 2021

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Apr. 10, 2021 7:18 am

The title sez it all! How can I be the maniac this late in Da' Day that's kickin' Da' Door In at Freddy's?

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Apr. 10, 2021 7:34 am

Mornin'
Thank you, HB.......gonna be a beautiful day! Twilight Zone---I blame it on moving to Daylight Savings Time...the Sun has been up an hour and I'm still stumblin' around looking for my socks. No stoves to tend today, but, we got 'yardwork'. Take care, everyone, stay healthy.
Cheers

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Apr. 10, 2021 9:03 am

Morning all!

Thanks for letting us in HB! Not much going on in Forum land these days. Today I'll try to get some more work done on the car while we're waiting for the transaxle to come back. Not much else is going on down here. Gloomy and rainy this morning.

Stay Healthy, Happy and Safe everyone!
-Don

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Sat. Apr. 10, 2021 4:34 pm

Good afternoon fellows... having some ice water now lol. Out the door a sunrise, got the garden tilled, horseradish and asparagus areas weeded and cleaned up and the red and white potatoes planted. Weather sure has been great this spring first time in a long time the first grass cutting was not in mud. I got some new pond pumps for the coy pond coming tomorrow so that’s the game plan for Sunday and some more weeding of the flower beds. Carry on guys hope your weekend is going well!

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Apr. 10, 2021 4:56 pm

Good on you HB!! :) Got all pasture fencing tightened & replaced some-- damn winter deer!! LOL Horses should get here in a week or two--pastures comin up nice & green. Gardens tilled & fertilized (TRIPLE 15) now we need some rain to soak it in--plantin will be around Memorial Day except for underground stuff-- Oh well, enough from this old farmer. T, those pumps are outstanding--mine wer solar & worked real well. PS--beautiful day today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Last edited by freetown fred on Sat. Apr. 10, 2021 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gaw
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Post by gaw » Sat. Apr. 10, 2021 4:56 pm

Well HB kicked the door in but didn't bother to make anything so we all went to Ihop. I'm finishing up my beer as a tap away. Overcast but dry today, rain on the way. Living the dream taking care of wife recovering from foot surgery and hoping to get back to work to recover from taking care of the wife. 'Round here we still burn: 24/7 - 365.

buffalo bob
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 354 and a 254
Coal Size/Type: anthracite nut

Post by buffalo bob » Sat. Apr. 10, 2021 6:54 pm

evening all, to bad freddys dont serve supper lol got a lot done today after tending the hitzer. just had supper deer tenderloin over nooldes yummy. realized i didnt go to the coffee house yet..so here i am wow. got the hitzer on super low idle nights getting into the 40's here, and dont see the sun till 930 or 10 am hereon the southwest side of the mtn. well have a good week all se ya next one B.B.

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Sat. Apr. 10, 2021 8:33 pm

Evening indeed. Yup, rain is coming to the NE, we had it today. But the severe stuff missed us. Good thing, I was on a Carolina Skiff with 3 friends and a guide to catch Rock Bass. What a great trip, even with the rain.
20210410_105552[1].jpg
.JPG | 612.8KB | 20210410_105552[1].jpg
Here is the youngest member with a nice fish. Caught 17 overall and kept none. Will do it again.

Kevin

Sorry, can't remember how to rotate it......

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Apr. 10, 2021 8:44 pm

That's OK Kevin--I just turned my desk top sideways!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL Nice catch! :)

gaw
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Post by gaw » Sat. Apr. 10, 2021 10:06 pm

freetown fred wrote:
Sat. Apr. 10, 2021 8:44 pm
That's OK Kevin--I just turned my desk top sideways!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL Nice catch! :)
I thought they were on rough water.

Return to “The Coffee House”