Never ever try this when your home alone!

theo

Post by theo » Thu. Apr. 01, 2021 12:14 pm

Last weekend I saw something at Larry's Pistol & Pawn Shop that sparked my interest. The occasion was our 15th anniversary and I was looking for a little something extra for my wife, Julie. What I came across was a 100,000-volt, pocket/purse-sized taser. The effects of the taser were supposed to be short lived, with no long-term adverse affect on your assailant, allowing her adequate time to retreat to safety....??

WAY TOO COOL! Long story short, I bought the device and brought it home. I loaded two AAA batteries in the darn thing and pushed the button. Nothing! I was disappointed. I learned, however, that if I pushed the button AND pressed it against a metal surface at the same time; I'd get the blue arc of electricity darting back and forth between the prongs. AWESOME!!!

Unfortunately, I have yet to explain to Julie what that burn spot is on the face of her microwave.

Okay, so I was home alone with this new toy, thinking to myself that it couldn't be all that bad with only two triple-A batteries, right?

There I sat in my recliner, my cat, Gracie, looking on intently (trusting little soul) while I was reading the directions and thinking that I really needed to try this thing out on a flesh & blood moving target. I must admit I thought about zapping Gracie (for a fraction of a second) and thought better of it. She is such a sweet cat. But, if I was going to give this thing to my wife to protect herself against a mugger, I did want some assurance that it would work as advertised. Am I wrong?

So, there I sat in a pair of shorts and a tank top with my reading glasses perched delicately on the bridge of my nose, directions in one hand, and taser in another. The directions said that a one-second burst would shock and disorient your assailant; a two-second burst was supposed to cause muscle spasms and a major loss of bodily control; a three-second burst would purportedly make your assailant flop on the ground like a fish out of water.

Any burst longer than three seconds would be wasting the batteries. All the while I'm looking at this little device measuring about 5' long, less than 3/4 inch in circumference; pretty cute really and (loaded with two itsy, bitsy triple-A batteries) thinking to myself, 'no possible way!'

What happened next is almost beyond description, but I'll do my best...?

I'm sitting there alone, Gracie looking on with her head cocked to one side as to say, 'don't do it, dipshit,' reasoning that a one second burst from such a tiny little ole thing couldn't hurt all that bad. I decided to give myself a one second burst just for heck of it. I touched the prongs to my naked thigh, pushed the button, and . . .HOLY MOTHER OF GOD . . . WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION . . . WHAT THE HELL!!!

I'm pretty sure Jessie Ventura ran in through the side door, picked me up in the recliner, then body slammed us both on the carpet, over and over and over again. I vaguely recall waking up on my side in the fetal position, with tears in my eyes, body soaking wet, both nipples on fire, testicles no where to be found, with my left arm tucked under my body in the oddest position, and tingling in my legs?

The cat was making meowing sounds I had never heard before, clinging to a picture frame hanging above the fireplace, obviously in an atempt to avoid getting slammed by my body flopping all over the living room.

Note: If you ever feel compelled to 'mug' yourself with a taser, one note of caution: there is no such thing as a one second burst when you zap yourself! You will not let go of that thing until it is dislodged from your hand by a violent thrashing about on the floor. A three second burst would be considered conservative?

SON-OF-A-BITCH, THAT HURT LIKE HELL!!!

A minute or so later (I can't be sure, as time was a relative thing at that point), I collected my wits (what little I had left), sat up and surveyed the landscape. My bent reading glasses were on the mantel of the fireplace. The recliner was upside down and about 8 feet or so from where it originally was. My triceps, right thigh and both nipples were still twitching. My face felt like it had been shot up with Novocain, and my bottom lip weighed 88 lbs. I had no control over the drooling. Apparently I *censored* myself, but was too numb to know for sure and my sense of smell was gone. I saw a faint smoke cloud above my head which I believe came from my hair. I'm still looking for my nuts and I'm offering a significant reward for their safe return!!

APRIL FOOL'S ALL !!!!! :D :D :D

Benny
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Koker lite- house. Reading- garage
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Oil

Post by Benny » Thu. Apr. 01, 2021 12:23 pm

Thank you Theo, I have tears in my eyes . Mainly because it sounds like something I would do!

Pauliewog
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska 140 Dual Paddle Feed
Baseburners & Antiques: Fame Rosemont #20, Home Stove Works #25, Glenwood #6, Happy Thought Oak, Merry Bride #214, Sunnyside, Worlds Argand #114, New Golden Sun , & About 30 others.
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Chesnut, Pea, Rice / Anthracite

Post by Pauliewog » Thu. Apr. 01, 2021 1:31 pm

Thanks Theo! :D My body is still aching all over just reading it. For some reason I had a picture in my mind of Hamden Bob trying this out and describing the ordeal. :lol:
Paulie

theo

Post by theo » Thu. Apr. 01, 2021 2:06 pm

Pauliewog wrote:
Thu. Apr. 01, 2021 1:31 pm
Thanks Theo! :D My body is still aching all over just reading it. For some reason I had a picture in my mind of Hamden Bob trying this out and describing the ordeal. :lol:
Paulie
That would be our Hamden Bob !!!! Even could be Freetown!!! :D

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Thu. Apr. 01, 2021 2:45 pm

Hmmmmm------------- :what: :whistle: :o

gaw
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Post by gaw » Thu. Apr. 01, 2021 3:10 pm

April fools or not I'm going to believe it because it is too good not to believe.

theo

Post by theo » Thu. Apr. 01, 2021 3:31 pm

freetown fred wrote:
Thu. Apr. 01, 2021 2:45 pm
Hmmmmm------------- :what: :whistle: :o
Dont even think about it freetown, you cant dance with them clod- hoppers on :D

EarthWindandFire
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Leisure Line Lil' Heater.
Other Heating: Oil Furnace and Kerosene Heaters.

Post by EarthWindandFire » Thu. Apr. 01, 2021 3:33 pm

Wow, I don't know what to say. I've seen people get pepper sprayed for training purposes but not voluntarily taser themselves....you'd be my hero were it not for April Fool's!

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Thu. Apr. 01, 2021 5:23 pm

Great story, true or not. I know someone that actually did that to himself and he didnt walk right for a few days... Just dont ever pass that shock thru your heart area (like from one arm to the other or head to left leg) as it can and often will kill you.

I was wondering when the annual April Fools joke would occur.

tsb
Stoker Coal Boiler: Binford 2000
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Pioneer top vent
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II
Baseburners & Antiques: Grander Golden Oak , Glenwood # 6
Coal Size/Type: All of them

Post by tsb » Thu. Apr. 01, 2021 7:36 pm

Truly outstanding. I would be proud to steal that and call it mine.

Lightning
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Modified AA 130
Coal Size/Type: Pea Size - Anthracite

Post by Lightning » Fri. Apr. 02, 2021 3:08 pm

Quite honestly, I was a little disappointed it didn't really happen. Awesome story :lol:

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sun. Apr. 04, 2021 9:25 am

Thanx For Draggin' A Couple Of "Old Sparky's" Like That Wildman Freetown Fred And Myself Into Dis' Mayhem!! You're Da' Best!

theo

Post by theo » Sun. Apr. 04, 2021 11:57 am

Lightning wrote:
Fri. Apr. 02, 2021 3:08 pm
Quite honestly, I was a little disappointed it didn't really happen. Awesome story :lol:
You would have wanted me to video myself while i tried it also!!!! :D :D :D

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sun. Apr. 04, 2021 8:18 pm

Oh Hell No,Uncle Theo!! I'd Rather Get Hit For A Quick Blast Of Da' 3 Phase Vs. That Little Monster! Keep It On Da' Right Side Of Da' Breaker Panel,Mate!!

Return to “The Coffee House”