COFFEE 3-27-2021

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Mar. 27, 2021 7:46 am

Morning all! Come on in and have a cup of hot coffee!

Spring is here, soon it will be time to mow the grass. It was 78* here yesterday :o A bit warm for me.

Stay Happy Healthy and Safe everyone!
-Don

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Sat. Mar. 27, 2021 7:57 am

Thanks Don! Good morning guys heading outside now to clean up the yard after the high winds yesterday. I’ll check back in later.

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Mar. 27, 2021 8:08 am

Good morning. Most of the snow banks are gone here, but there is still ice on the lake to remind us that it isn't too late for another snowstorm. I sold my old truck and the snowplow went with it, so if we get buried I'll be waiting for it to melt.

Last weekend for hockey, in another month the boys will be starting baseball.

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Sat. Mar. 27, 2021 8:13 am

Morning, another weekend of tornado warnings, but yesterday was 79 and just beautiful. Hard to get things done hunkered down between Tstorms....flooding is occurring all over the place. Price you pay for the long months of great weather. Really wanted to get out on the Goldwing this weekend, have some rides planned with my brother and his wife. Heading up to the Gaylord center and then on to Mammoth Caves and up to Lexington, Ky. in April. Need the practice with the wife on board....another trip to Spruce Pine, NC and a cabin stay.
Enjoy the weekend, little weather is heading your way....

Kevin

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Mar. 27, 2021 8:42 am

Mornin'
We had a good week to start the Spring 'yardwork'. Next week, April.....wow! Coal season, done....wood fire in the Yukon to take care of the chill in the morning. .....used 2 ton of 'black rocks', 1 ton left for next season. Have a great week-end, everyone.
Cheers

gaw
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Post by gaw » Sat. Mar. 27, 2021 8:46 am

I'm loving the warm temperatures and hot coffee is always welcome.

We had a bit of wind yesterday and taking a bike ride into that headwind was a bit of a chore. Pedalcycle as defined by Pennsylvania law not a motorcycle. My goal for the year is 2,000 miles, I would also like to try some multi day touring trips one of these years.

Other than a bike ride or two this weekend has yard work, house work and take care of the wife who once again has managed some health challenges and I took a month off of work.

Still burning and do so all year long but the consumption is way down. :yes: :clap:

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Mar. 27, 2021 10:08 am

Again Glen, prayers goin out to Ada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Not a thing goin on here on the hill. :roll:

buffalo bob
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 354 and a 254
Coal Size/Type: anthracite nut

Post by buffalo bob » Sat. Mar. 27, 2021 12:40 pm

can i let go yet??? still hanging on from that wind..lol no damage here sure pitty those caught in them tornados down south...coffee was good this am, thanks..well ggot more work to do see ya B,B.

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Mar. 27, 2021 3:11 pm

Late again! Coffee still smells good.

Another few weeks and I think I'll be shutting down the Axeman Anderson. It's been an easy winter. How do we sign up for another?

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Sun. Mar. 28, 2021 8:16 am

Enjoying a cup... real productive day yesterday. Cleaned up some flower beds, put some railing on the deck, leftover fall project. Sure was a beautiful day. There’s a few chilly days in the forecast but all in all winter has run out of time around here. If things stay dry potatoes can go in real soon. Rain day today, a few chores inside then watch the Bristol dirt race hope the rain doesn’t ruin the track like yesterday. Well fellows carry on with the rest of the weekend!

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sun. Mar. 28, 2021 8:32 am

Good morning friends, hope everyone is having a good weekend!
Well we made real progress cleaning out my brother in laws house yesterday, filled a 20yd roll off in 3 hrs but could have filled a 40 if we had one.
My Mother in law and brother in law lived in the same house together until she passed 10 years ago so not only did we have to go through his stuff but hers too, kinda emotional for my wife and her sister but it all went well, now his son needs to go through his father’s personal stuff to see what he wants to keep and what to donate. After its clean then its time me to fix up the house to sell which is going to be a chore as the house is in bad shape.
Ok friends have a wonderful day and as always “ forward we go”

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Mar. 28, 2021 10:08 am

Ya know, when a house is priced right--listed as a fixer upper--someone will snatch it up quickly. Although sad, cleaning out--even family--residences can be pretty interesting. Yep, did my Mom & Dads--pretty interesting indeed.

lincolnmania
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 350
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: reading allegheny stoker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: alaska kodiak stoker 1986. 1987 triburner, 1987 crane diamond
Coal Size/Type: rice

Post by lincolnmania » Sun. Mar. 28, 2021 10:09 am

Good morning!
Rainy morning in berks county pa.
Yesterday took my mom to a memorial service for her best friend, was a nice memorial service.

The new boiler is keeping the house a little too warm lol.
the house is in the lower 70's on all floors, none of the zones are calling for heat. Had the windowstats open.

samhill
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage

Post by samhill » Sun. Mar. 28, 2021 11:23 am

Just as Freetown said the right price sells most everything & right now all real estate seems to be high for some reason. Auctions are normally quick & painless & as is, I know people that put more into what some fool agent recommends that what they can get back out. Just a thought!
I ran out of coal a couple days ago so done for this year anyhow. Not sure about next, the wife is blaming coal to be some of her problems. Not sure if the propain furnace will run off the gas generator as some mother boards don't like to. Hope all stay safe & warm, a couple more weeks & the warm part should be easy.

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sun. Mar. 28, 2021 1:14 pm

Keepaneye, remember that if you make a place worth an extra 1000, at least 100 of it is going to someone else and more if theres income tax involved. Realtors always want you to do things cuz they get a bigger cut. I'd just make the lawn look nice and let her go cheaper. I guess Im repeating others thoughts a little...

A little chilly here today and windy. Upper 60s tomorrow then colder again. Its been the nicest spring in many years here so far and i count the 15 day forecast in that. But it was a nice winter, fall, and summer too.

Im trying to get all my camping gear ready and buying some odds and ends including one of those original bug shirts with my Biden Bucks. Kinda spendy but should give me more fishing and canoe time as those deer and horse flies will have to find someone else to bite this year! Not to mention gnats and skeeters. I ate a pound of gnats on one trip, lol

Return to “The Coffee House”