Coffee 1-9-21

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Jan. 09, 2021 5:32 am

Hot coffee! Come & get yer hot coffee! Bagels & cream cheese..... but you can skip the cream cheese if you want & have a fried egg and sausage patty instead. All good.

It's 15 degrees right now....the Axeman Anderson is happy.

If the temps stay like this we can soon make the 2nd annual kids ice skating rink on Fields Pond. We are aiming for Olympic size this year.....about 100 feet by 200 feet. I'm planning on going to the pond and drilling to see ice thickness. I need 9 or 10 inches before I'll take the John Deere on it.

Hope you are all healthy & stay that way. Forward we go!

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Sat. Jan. 09, 2021 6:14 am

Good morning guys. Freddy I see you got your picture changed, looks real handsome!!! I’m sure the kids will have a blast on the pond. Not much going on here, just normal house chores. Weather here hasn’t been to bad. Think spring! Have another cup and make it a good weekend!

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Jan. 09, 2021 7:24 am

Mornin'
Hot coffee sounds good, thank you, Freddy. 'Old man Winter' is movin' in. We still try to squeak to 40* for the sunny days, but, that is slowing. Stay warm and healthy, everyone.
Cheers

BostonBob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman DVC500,Alaska Gnome 40
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by BostonBob » Sat. Jan. 09, 2021 7:36 am

Good Morning 17 degrees here and the sun peeking out ! Hot Coffee and bagels awesome, Thanks Freddy ! Good Luck on the ice I’m sure the kids are gonna love it ! The stove has been running great so far, planning on doing a mid season cleaning before we get more of that white stuff LOL have a great weekend !!!

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Jan. 09, 2021 7:37 am

Good morning. 16 degrees here, my contractor is complaining the house is too hot...guess I forgot to turn the heat down yesterday after we painted all the trim. :lol:

I put a thermometer in one of the boys bedrooms and closed the door on both rooms. The idea was I could compare the temperature in one room to the other (which has the thermostat for that zone) and see if I need to adjust the dampers on the baseboard...nope, both rooms were 68 this morning.

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. Jan. 09, 2021 8:56 am

Hi all how’s things? Thanks for the coffee Freddy 👍. Not much going this weekend just the typical weekend stuff now that all the holiday crap is over for another year,
My wife finally decided on a paint color so tomorrow is going to be a painting day “yeah can’t wait” but it will be nice to get that project done!!
Ok people have a great weekend and remember what Freddy says “ forward we go”

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Jan. 09, 2021 8:59 am

Morning all!

Glad to see you cracked the Avatar code there Freddy! Not much going on here. It's 25 degrees and very breezy. We switched the Axeman from "Low & Slow" settings to "Full Speed Ahead" original settings for the weekend just to see what difference it makes.

Stay healthy, happy and safe everyone!
-Don

samhill
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage

Post by samhill » Sat. Jan. 09, 2021 9:06 am

Good Morning all, not much happening here so far no where near cold enough for ice thickness here & temps going up near 40 for a couple of days this coming week. Had to re-light due to a power outage, don't know why but we lost power for an hour or better. My son changed jobs this week, there are jobs out there if you have some talent. Took a bit of a pay cut but also got daylight hours & weekends off & seems extremely happy. Hope all stay safe & warm!

buffalo bob
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 354 and a 254
Coal Size/Type: anthracite nut

Post by buffalo bob » Sat. Jan. 09, 2021 1:44 pm

good day all.. not much going on around here...little cold and windy, hate wind..getting ready for football playoffs, luv football, especially college..bagles sound good with bacon and eggs...always have to have coffee..well have to run now football time..have a good week and stay warm...B.B.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Jan. 09, 2021 5:35 pm

Speakin of avatar codes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL I'm alive & well and wore out. Enjoy the week people. :)

Toddburn

Post by Toddburn » Sat. Jan. 09, 2021 6:19 pm

freetown fred wrote:
Sat. Jan. 09, 2021 5:35 pm
Speakin of avatar codes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL I'm alive & well and wore out. Enjoy the week people. :)
Horses look real real good Fred!

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Jan. 09, 2021 7:24 pm

Good Evening,Gang! Helluva surprise day after speaking with Coalnewbie(Simon) this a.m.! Felt it was more important to put up the post regarding Shelley to inform some of the remaining "Old Guard Coal Faithful". It can be viewed,Right here,in Freddy's Coffee House! That spurred a Renaissance for me,so to speak... In closing,a belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to All of You! Steady On,Steady On,Mates! Oh,and especially after this morning,please observe Freddy's Wise and Sage Advice: "Don't Forget To Hug Your Loved Ones!" !! Amen!

Toddburn

Post by Toddburn » Sat. Jan. 09, 2021 7:33 pm

Hambden Bob wrote:
Sat. Jan. 09, 2021 7:24 pm
Good Evening,Gang! Helluva surprise day after speaking with Coalnewbie(Simon) this a.m.! Felt it was more important to put up the post regarding Shelley to inform some of the remaining "Old Guard Coal Faithful". It can be viewed,Right here,in Freddy's Coffee House! That spurred a Renaissance for me,so to speak... In closing,a belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to All of You! Steady On,Steady On,Mates! Oh,and especially after this morning,please observe Freddy's Wise and Sage Advice: "Don't Forget To Hug Your Loved Ones!" !! Amen!
Hb good to hear from you! You and your family all ok from your bout with the covid? Been thinking about you and yours.

snuffy
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman SF250 & Mark III backup
Other Heating: Oil Hot Water

Post by snuffy » Sat. Jan. 09, 2021 7:41 pm

Freddy, you might get extended play on the hockey field. I understand a polar vortex split and may be on its way for an extended stay late Jan/Feb - burr!

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Jan. 09, 2021 7:52 pm

Uncle Toddburn,Thanx! We all survived that bilge of a virus,and Mrs. Ham and I never had a moment's thought about abandoning Our Youngest Daughter to it! Mom and Dad Stuff,don't Ya' Know! Uh,Snuff,in Our neck of Da' Woods,I've renamed that Winter Weather Phenomenon as "Da' Polish Vortex"!!

Return to “The Coffee House”