Coffee 1-2-2021

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Jan. 02, 2021 5:48 am

Come in.... stay a spell.... enjoy some of the worlds best coffee and one of the few places to find real food... butter....maple syrup...good bacon. We are going to add all those into today's breakfast of blueberry pancakes. Eat well!

Looks like the first real snow of this winter.... 6" or more of heavy stuff has started & will continue all day they say. Up until now we have only had an inch or two of fluff here and there. Bring it on!

The Axeman has settled into a smooth jog.... it loves to run, but only get's the chance to really stretch it's legs a few times a year.

OK..... Vaccinations on their way. Hope you are all able to get them ASAP. Maybe next month for us.

Be safe. Stay well.

Benny
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Koker lite- house. Reading- garage
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Oil

Post by Benny » Sat. Jan. 02, 2021 6:06 am

Morning Freddy, great breakfast. Freezing rain yesterday in the high 40’s this morning, not much happening today. Have a great weekend everyone!

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Sat. Jan. 02, 2021 6:45 am

Good morning guys. Mighty tasty coffee. Not sure what the day will bring hopefully get some chores done around the house. Upcoming week of weather doesn’t look too bad. It’s been very snowy here. Hope everyone has a great weekend! Anyone hear from HB or Coaljocky lately?

swyman
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman-Anderson 260M Leisure Line AA-220 Boiler (FOR SALE)
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Pea

Post by swyman » Sat. Jan. 02, 2021 6:48 am

Mmmm, haven't had blueberry pancakes in a while and sound so good! Low 30's here in SE Michigan and the Axe was sleeping when I checked on her this morning. Coffee smells as good as it tastes, have a good day!

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I

Post by WNY » Sat. Jan. 02, 2021 7:06 am

Morning. Chilly 20's overnight, freezing rain/ice/rain, but warming up now. high 30's already. hopefully melt some of the ice.
not going anywhere till monday, will throw some ashes on the ice for traction. they work great.

Both stoves just chugging away. I finally replaced ash pans on boths stoves, starting to rot out finally after 10-12 years or so.

Did our first day Hike on our local greenway trail yesterday. Was a nice day for a almost 3 mile walk. State Parks sponsor it every year.

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Jan. 02, 2021 7:38 am

Mornin'
Coffee for me , Freddy...thank you. Blueberry pancakes sounds real good..Yummy! We have less than an inch of snow, with light rain, and mid 30's temps. Looks like we missed this one...yeah!!!
Have a good week-end everyone.
Cheers

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Jan. 02, 2021 8:05 am

Good morning. We woke up with about 5" of fresh snow and it is still coming down hard. Ground is still mushy, so I am not going to bother with the plow truck. My snow blower should be enough to get things cleaned up. No plans for today, looks like a good opportunity to watch a movie.

BostonBob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman DVC500,Alaska Gnome 40

Post by BostonBob » Sat. Jan. 02, 2021 8:07 am

Happy New Year everyone ! Coffee is awesome weather is ice/rain running 2 stoves and they have been working flawlessly so far ! Stay safe :D

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Jan. 02, 2021 8:58 am

Morning all!

Thanks for the breakfast Freddy! Tasty stuff! 35* here, Sunny and going up into the 50's today. I'll probably try to finish up my Axeman re-wire project. Still waiting on a couple parts but I can make temporary substitutions.

Stay Happy Healthy and Safe everyone!
-Don

ASea
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Kast Console II
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Coal Chubby
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114, Glenwood 30 "Estate" Warm Morning 120
Coal Size/Type: Sherman Anthracite Nut/Stove from C&T Coal
Other Heating: Peerless Boiler with Cast Iron Baseboards

Post by ASea » Sat. Jan. 02, 2021 11:40 am

We got about 2" of slush here in North Central Ma. Laying low today. Cinnamon Oatmeal pancakes and link sausage with maple syrup this morning. Two cups of coffee so far today. Getting ready to put another pot on. Got diagnosed with Covid 19 on 12/27 and sent home to Quarantine till the 7th. It's slowly making it way through the house. We are a family of eight and so far symptoms have been mild. We'll be locked down till 1/7. Ironically I had received the first dose of vaccine days before I was diagnosed, Baby started to crawl and is moving quickly now, so the Chubby is cold until I get the gate put up around the fireplace. Fortunately oil is less than $2 a gallon. Maybe this'll be the year I make up my mind on a boiler. Wife is making a rib roast this afternoon with mashed potato and petit peas with pearl onions. Happy New Year Gents! Here's to a healthier happier 2021!
Last edited by ASea on Sat. Jan. 02, 2021 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

buffalo bob
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 354 and a 254
Coal Size/Type: anthracite nut

Post by buffalo bob » Sat. Jan. 02, 2021 12:04 pm

morning all well the ice is gone here i was glad to wake up to 40*... good breakfast this morning, i had the same minus the blue berries...all footballed out after yesterday...too icy to go any place...really missed the rose parade , virtual sucks...well have a good week all more football today...B.B.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Jan. 02, 2021 1:23 pm

Outstanding b-fast Freddy---had to hobble out to road truck this AM--it's like an ice skatin rink out here on the hill--pretty much slid over to buddy's house to have him put on a new water pump---back home now & plan to stay here!!!! Snowin to beat the band!! Oh well---life goes on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL Enjoy the week-end people--watchiin the original Treasure Island--TBS one of trhe best movies ever made!!

ASea
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Kast Console II
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Coal Chubby
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114, Glenwood 30 "Estate" Warm Morning 120
Coal Size/Type: Sherman Anthracite Nut/Stove from C&T Coal
Other Heating: Peerless Boiler with Cast Iron Baseboards

Post by ASea » Sat. Jan. 02, 2021 1:30 pm

freetown fred wrote:
Sat. Jan. 02, 2021 1:23 pm
Outstanding b-fast Freddy---had to hobble out to road truck this AM--it's like an ice skatin rink out here on the hill--pretty much slid over to buddy's house to have him put on a new water pump---back home now & plan to stay here!!!! Snowin to beat the band!! Oh well---life goes on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL Enjoy the week-end people--watchiin the original Treasure Island--TBS one of the best movies ever made!!
My father especially enjoyed the original Treasure Island. Love those old movies. Just watched Mother Goose with Cary Grant last night. My teenage daughter enjoyed it immensely. Well' I watched it with my Wife and Daughter. It had Cary Grant in it. LOL

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Jan. 02, 2021 1:33 pm

We ended up with a solid 6" here, not so sticky that you can't use a snowblower, but anyone that lets it sit until tomorrow is going to have a hard time with it. My boys got the porch shoveled early, but it needs another pass. I will see if I can get them back out there after lunch.

Andrea and I spent most of the morning assembling the chandelier for our new bedroom. Got all done and she asked "did you get light bulbs"? I knew I forgot something...

Attachments

IMG_20210102_085348821.jpg
.JPG | 261.9KB | IMG_20210102_085348821.jpg

ziggy87
Stoker Coal Boiler: axeman anderson 130
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by ziggy87 » Sat. Jan. 02, 2021 2:32 pm

I’ll top off my coffee quick while I am here. Cleaned my truck out completely this morning so I could take my friend up to Superior coal to get a load. His truck failed inspection so he is without a truck. Ended up with 1.25 tons for his Axeman. I am going to relax here this afternoon. I was on call yesterday and was out most of the day. The highlight of the day was a drywall screw through a copper heating pipe. The screw finally rusted out enough that it began to leak. What a day.

Hug your loved ones and stay safe.
Jason

Return to “The Coffee House”