Coffee 11-28-2020

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Nov. 28, 2020 7:14 am

Don't be shy, come on in & join us for a quick cup of Jo & some good eats. Eggs any way you want & corned beef hash. No, it's not turkey hash!

Tis almost time for light up the ol' Axeman Anderson. The heat pumps might stay on for a few more weeks, but it's getting close.

Hope you all stay safe & have a smooth week.

tsb
Stoker Coal Boiler: Binford 2000
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Pioneer top vent
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II
Baseburners & Antiques: Grander Golden Oak , Glenwood # 6
Coal Size/Type: All of them

Post by tsb » Sat. Nov. 28, 2020 7:20 am

Everybody must be out hunting this morning. Heard shots early while peeing the dog so it's either hunting or the beginning of the insurrection.
Finish the left over pie for breakfast and have a good weekend.

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Nov. 28, 2020 7:29 am

Mornin'
Great coffee, Freddy, thank you. With the lower temps coming this week, it looks like we light the Herald(again) Wednesday AM. The first run was 4 days.......just enough to get the cobwebs out of the chimney!!!!

November is almost gone..............Winter is closing in.....Take care and stay warm.
Cheers

tsb: PIE!!!!!!..........yum-yum apple pie for me......goes good with coffee

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. Nov. 28, 2020 8:04 am

Good morning friends hows everyone doing this fine morning? Thanks for the coffee and delicious food Freddy!!
Unfortunately I’m working all weekend so there’s not much getting done at home but come to think of it I really don’t have much to do anyways :D
I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving ( well at least ate and drank good) as i know we did!! Have a good one people and enjoy.

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Nov. 28, 2020 8:07 am

Morning all!

Thanks for the coffee and eggs Freddy, tasty stuff!

Yesterday I got 4 ton of Pea coal delivered. This went on top of the ton or so already in there so we will start December with about 5 ton for the Axeman to eat. I also got a ton of Chestnut for the Harman in the basement.

Stay healthy and safe everyone!
-Don

BostonBob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman DVC500,Alaska Gnome 40
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by BostonBob » Sat. Nov. 28, 2020 8:42 am

Morning everyone hope you all had a Great Thanksgiving ! Thanks for the coffee and eggs Freddy ! Off this weekend but gotta work on granddaughter’s car (damn sensors !) and finish drywall in mud room and mud & tape stove has been running a couple weeks on low and furnace has not run so gas bill is low 😁. Have a good weekend !

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Nov. 28, 2020 8:44 am

Mornin people, good b-fast choice Freddy. :) Simplistic & to the point. Nothin goin on cept fillin coal pails today--Haven't seen the sun for over a week!!!! WTF!!!!!!! Oh well, enjoy all. :) The old HITZER continues to idle away keepin the damp out.

cabinover
Stoker Coal Boiler: Hybrid Axeman Anderson 130
Baseburners & Antiques: Sparkle #12
Coal Size/Type: Pea, Buckwheat, Nut
Other Heating: LP Hot air. WA TX for coal use.

Post by cabinover » Sat. Nov. 28, 2020 8:52 am

Morning all, AA has been cooking away for a solid week now keeping things nice and cozy. We bought a pellet grill for our Christmas present to us so we're gonna spatchcock a 20# turkey today on that baby. Did a pork butt last weekend that fed us for 3 days plus kids over that night. I love cheap meals.

Enjoy your day friends!

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Nov. 28, 2020 9:05 am

Greetings,Fellow Turkey/Coal Enthusiasts!! Seems that after my little puppet show for Thanksgiving,I've been granted Da' Title of "The Holiday Whack-Job That Could"! What an Honor! I'm still riding Da' Wave off of that deal!! I guess I'm going to further "Run It Up On Da' Rocks" by smashing out atleast 6 lbs of slow stovetop cooked Stuffed Cabbage today! What Da' Hell,Why Not! It's the 1st time I'm trying the "Frozen Heads Of Cabbage Method" instead of the tried and true "Steaming Method" to seperate the leaves! I'll let You know how it worked out,if I remember(Duh)!! Eh,past all that jazz,here's Hoping You and Your's are still keeping it going! Take Care,Gang!!

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Sat. Nov. 28, 2020 9:39 am

Good morning guys. I’ll have a bite now Freddy and a warm cup! Everyone seems happy and upbeat after Turkey day! I’ve been outside since day break. Fall decorations down, last of summer furniture put away, shop straitened up, some coal brought in. Now pull the last pump out of fish pond, scoop out leaves and one more yard mowing. Snow coming in Tuesday a few inches they say. Deer season did open in Pa today I’ve heard a few shots also. Everyone have a good day!

ziggy87
Stoker Coal Boiler: axeman anderson 130
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by ziggy87 » Sat. Nov. 28, 2020 1:33 pm

Not to much going on here to thus far. Had a guy come up and give an estimate on spray foaming my out building where the Axeman is located. The Axeman is chugging right along. Hope to modify the coal bin this week.
This afternoon hope to have the radiator back in my IH 1066. Just had it re-cored.

buffalo bob
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 354 and a 254
Coal Size/Type: anthracite nut

Post by buffalo bob » Sat. Nov. 28, 2020 5:05 pm

hi everybody...great breakfast, luv corn beef hash with dippy eggs on top...getting tired of turkey need some beef for supper, then back to the turk later on...watching football all day ...well have a safe week B.B.

Return to “The Coffee House”