COFFEE 10-17-2020

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Oct. 17, 2020 7:48 am

Mornin'
Freddy left the light on for us, the pot is perkin'........ Mother Nature brought us a much needed 2" of rain, yesterday, and last night....still drizzling. It will be a good day to do as little as possible!!!!! Enjoy the coffee!
Cheers

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Oct. 17, 2020 7:57 am

Mornin all, thanx D. Sunny & COLD this AM. Enjoy the week-end people. :)

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Sat. Oct. 17, 2020 7:57 am

D-frost thanks for the opening. 30• here this morning, growing season kuput. Clean up some leaves and hook up a chicken coop heater today. Then I’m making a pot of chili. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Willis
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Combustioneer 24 FA w/ Will-Burt s-30
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Combustioneer 77, Stokermatic
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 520,521
Coal Size/Type: Washed stoker- Bituminous

Post by Willis » Sat. Oct. 17, 2020 8:34 am

Morning all, missed you guys all summer. I am usually only a winter resident on the forum. 25° here this morning in Eastern Ohio. Phone is starting to ring about coal- winter must be on it's way. I need to fire up the screener today and get some coal in the bins. But the scale house is so warm!
Have a great weekend guys.

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Oct. 17, 2020 8:46 am

Morning all!

Welcome back Willis! Even down here it is on the chilly side this morning. I actually opened the valves on the living room and hallway radiators. Not to worry though, it will be back into the mid 70's everyday next week.

Stay healthy and safe everyone!
-Don

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Oct. 17, 2020 9:43 am

Good Mornin' Gang!! Thanx For the Big Open,D-Frost! Saturday Breakfast and Conversation at Freddy's does make for a Good Start to Da' Weekend! We've got Sun prior to an engaging,wind driven cold rain hits Us tomorrow! Whoopee! Here's Hoping All You "Coal Rascals" Keep Chugging Into Fall! Take Care,Gang!!

hank2
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1400 WH ciculator; 1880's small cannon in reserve
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: small New Yorker oil fired boiler; mostly used for domestic HW

Post by hank2 » Sat. Oct. 17, 2020 11:22 pm

Good evening, coal fans. The missus claimed there was frost on the car windows this morning. I'm rarely up that early. It looks another light nip tonight. The oil boiler is gulping away at times, but next week or more will be warm. I'd welcome a good frost soon, but not likely. Always happy to see lawn mowing end. I doubt if we've had more than 2-3 inches of rain since the bad floods in July. Blew off all the work today and took the missus for a long ride through the beautiful southern Schuylkill county back roads. Just when I was I getting a bit confused, we popped out in Tamma-qua.

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sun. Oct. 18, 2020 5:15 am

Thanks for the coffee D-frost. It's good to know someones at the wheel! This retirement stuff is tough. Yup, lost track of days. Too damn busy!

We are building a small deck off the back of the house & two good days or wonderful weather kept us busy as mice. It poured rain most of yesterday so I spent that day repairing neighbors lawn mowers. We still have one mow left.

Stay close to family & forward we go!

gaw
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Post by gaw » Sun. Oct. 18, 2020 9:24 pm

Only a day and a half late but it’s a beautiful time of year and lots to do. I have been taking bicycle rides since May for exercise and it is quite enjoyable. The longest rides until last weekend was about 32 miles so last Sunday I figured it was time to try 50 and ended up with 52 and 3,300 feet of elevation gained. It wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be but my legs were spent at the end so I don’t know what I was thinking this week when I took a 28 mile warmup ride yesterday followed by a metric century today. 100 kilometers is a tad over 62 miles, I got 63 and change with 3,465 feet of elevation gained. Needless to say I am spent. It was fun and a great goal to achieve but it is safe to say my last ride of the year over 30 miles.

The wife is expected home this week after rehabbing in a center for a fractured pelvis. I will have to take a few weeks off to help her out because they told me she would need a walker and wheelchair to get around for a while. Her follow-up with the doctor for this went well and they said it appears to be healing well. I hope she can get back to walking ASAP.

Other than that a few tons of coal and getting the yard ready for winter are on the to do list by about the end of the month.

Take care and get ready to burn the black rocks.

Return to “The Coffee House”