COFFEE 10-10-2020

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Oct. 10, 2020 7:25 am

Mornin'
Pot's a perkin' at Freddy's!!! We're getting to cooler temps.......won't be long to light the 'black rocks'.
Have a great Columbus week-end, everyone.
Cheers

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Oct. 10, 2020 7:28 am

Good morning everyone. The wind is roaring here, and we are supposed to get some nasty thunderstorms this afternoon. Looks like a good day to work in the basement.

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Oct. 10, 2020 8:16 am

Good coffee! Thank you. Yup.... Night's be gettin' chilly. I'm looking forward to burning the black rocks. The heat pumps make the thermometer read good numbers, but they don't keep ya warm. Odd.

Breakfast sandwiches? OK!

Stay busy....stay safe. Hug your loved ones & forward we go.

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Sat. Oct. 10, 2020 8:41 am

Good morning fellows. I’ll bring some peach cobbler to the table this morning, that my mom made. I’ve been on vacation this week, very productive around heat and the weather was perfect. Much needed rain coming tomorrow. Chicken coop cleaning today and hook up a heater in the one coop then maybe a trip to rural king. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

samhill
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage

Post by samhill » Sat. Oct. 10, 2020 9:11 am

Good morning one & all not a whole lot going on today, Grandson is supposed to come up so we'll devote time to him. His last year of law school so we'll have him go over our wills for advice or approval. May have to go down Pittsburgh way to do an estate sale for him, he's pretty much been taking care of an elderly neighbor & had to take her to the hospital last week. If they put her in a nursing home we will clean out the house, she already told the GS that she was ready & he's the one in charge. Week 3 or 4 in my sons bringing up his crap (lost track), finally getting some room but not knowing what much is even for it's hard to organize. Still going into 70s today & maybe much needed late rain, stay safe!

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Oct. 10, 2020 9:16 am

Morning all!

Going into the mid 70's down here today. I think today I will finally replace the DHW coil and gasket on the Axeman. Not much else happening.

Stay healthy and safe!
-Don

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Oct. 10, 2020 10:31 am

Mornin all, thank D & T---beautiful fall day here on the hill! :) Serious wind & rain last week kinda blitz'd foliage. Got all mowers & such dosed with dry gas & MMO all except the Ford 8N--need someone to come over & put her in the barn for the winter--gotta jump her, been sittin too long. Gotta do recycle down to the Town Barn & that'll be it for me. Runnin on the furnace & it hurts every time she kicks on but real necessary at this point in time--certain individuals will never know how grateful this old broke down farmer is!!! LOL Tryin to hold off till mid Nov before firing up the old 50-93 after hopefully last surgery. Right foot is doing real good healing wise & I'm hopin this surgeon can work the same magic on my left foot. Oh well, enough ramblin--enjoy the week-end people. :)

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Oct. 10, 2020 11:41 am

Yo-Ho,Gang!! Finally made it to Coffee before Noon on Saturday!! I'm figuring I've got about 2.5 weeks until I pull Da' Plug on Da' Bay's 2020 Season! Lights go out on Monday 1Nov but I'm not pushing it to the last minute!! Past that,I woke up breathing,and that's all a guy could ask for!! Stay With It,Stay Frosty Yet Loose,And Take Care,Gang!!

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sun. Oct. 11, 2020 7:46 am

Good morning all, well I’m late again but hell i made it anyways, one more camping trip for the books, very busy this weekend as this is the 1st out of 4 weekend for all the Halloween festivities at this campground. We always get the sites right in the thick of things as it makes watching the kids doing their thing more enjoyable but the next and last trip of the year will be much more quiet and peaceful :yes:
Hambden Bob wrote:
Sat. Oct. 10, 2020 11:41 am
I've got about 2.5 weeks until I pull Da' Plug on Da' Bay's 2020 Season! Lights go out on Monday 1Nov but I'm not pushing it to the last minute!

Was it me HB or did this season go quick? Two more weeks for us and its time to park it.

Ok people have a great upcoming week and be safe.

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Mon. Oct. 12, 2020 8:50 am

Better late then never, I guess. Went up to Lake Lure NC last Fri. and it rained out our planned trip. Never took the Goldwing unfortunately. It is a spectacular place, very twisty roads, but just no fun in the rain. Leaves us some place to go back to when the weather cooperates. Enjoy the week!

Kevin

Return to “The Coffee House”