COFFEE 9-12-20

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Sep. 12, 2020 7:27 am

Mornin'
Pot's a brewin'.....46* outside temp....hot coffee to warm you up!!!

FF-Good to hear you're back on the hill, take care of yourself.
Have a nice 'fall like' week-end, everyone.
Cheers

samhill
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage

Post by samhill » Sat. Sep. 12, 2020 7:37 am

Thanks for the coffee D-frost, I for one welcome this cooler weather. My son is going to quit his present job soon & move on, & in between that he had to move to a new smaller house. So anyhow my normally unkept unorganized garage is turning into what looks to be a hoarders warehouse. He had both a irrigation business & remodeling business going along with his regular job. So until he gets a garage built at both his new place & mine I get to go thru & clean out all his stuff, keep the good organize as best I can & get rid of crap. Anyhow the place is crammed with more on the way. Hope all stay safe & enjoy getting ready for the season.

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Sat. Sep. 12, 2020 7:44 am

Beautiful morning here, possibility of a shower. Makes for a boat day.
Off to watch a granddaughter run at a local school. Where is everyone? lol. I am not used to being at the top of the page.

Kevin

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Sep. 12, 2020 7:45 am

Good morning. 37 degrees here, and the apple picking crews are hard at work. A few days ago we moved into our guest cottage due to the remodel activities in our main house. I am not sure of the square footage...800 maybe? It is pretty tight for 4 of us and 1 80 lb dog. The main house will feel like a mansion when we move back in.

Hopefully today I get the rest of the old piping cut out of the basement and get a new pad poured for the efm to sit on.

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Sep. 12, 2020 7:47 am

*yawn* I slept in! These cool mornings are good for that. Coffee! Ahhhh, sweet nectar. Thanks!

When in a perplexing situation my Dad used to say " What in Sam Hill is going on here?" Well. now we know... a hoarders garage! Luckily my garage is so stuffed there wouldn't be room for other stuff. LOL

FFred.... good to hear you're back home. Forward we go!

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Sat. Sep. 12, 2020 7:48 am

D-frost thanks for hitting the brew button. Grass mowing here today and continue the fall cleanup outside. Other than that we shall see what the day brings. Have a good weekend guys.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Sep. 12, 2020 8:06 am

Mornin all, 39* this AM--just back from joggin!!! LOL Lil less pain today. Enjoy the week-end people. :) Thanx forv all the encourging words. :)

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Sep. 12, 2020 8:36 am

Morning all!

Good to see you back Fred! Not much going on here today. I'll probably do some mowing and then go out and do more of this!

Stay healthy and safe everyone!
-Don

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Sep. 12, 2020 9:40 am

Yo-Ho,Coal Curmudgeons!
A rather nice get-together this morning! Thanx,Defrostomatic,for kickin' Da' Door in at Freddy's! Sounds like everyone's starting to turn and burn on the Fall Projects prior to the Big Chill! Keep it going,Gang!

KLook

Post by KLook » Sat. Sep. 12, 2020 4:48 pm

I forgot to mention I purchased a Ram 3500, 4x4, crew cab with an 8 ft bed. WAY more truck then I need but the soccer moms and dads little boys with to much money have made the 1500 and 2500 market impossible. So far so good, what a beast it is!
Also, I have finally got into the local rod and gun club and have a place to shoot. After 8 years of declining skills I can get some practice....Now if I could just buy ammo......

Kevin

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. Sep. 12, 2020 7:22 pm

Hi all hows was the day? Thanks D and sorry I’m late but I’ve been busy today doing not much of anything :D
Just camping, drinking ( my favorite tequila Azul ) and cooking butter, salt and pepper injected corn😎.
999D36A4-6A8A-4504-B399-03034F311EF2.jpeg
.JPEG | 1.7MB | 999D36A4-6A8A-4504-B399-03034F311EF2.jpeg
I hope everyone is having a good weekend and enjoy the time with your family! And let’s not forget what happened 19 years ago yesterday!! Seems we people in the US have very short memories😞

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. Sep. 12, 2020 7:30 pm

KLook wrote:
Sat. Sep. 12, 2020 4:48 pm
Also, I have finally got into the local rod and gun club and have a place to shoot. After 8 years of declining skills I can get some practice....Now if I could just buy ammo......

Kevin
Very true Kevin, Shooting is a diminishing skill! I am very lucky to have a County Swat officer that has a range in his back yard ( right across the road from us)that we can shoot at but we still don’t practice enough!!
And yes ammo is very hard to get but put yourself on a order list and just wait. I’m trying to get a good AK but no way in hell am I paying the current price 😮

KLook

Post by KLook » Sat. Sep. 12, 2020 7:43 pm

Got tons of AR ammo and 2 that fire it. It is the handguns that I am missing. So stupid not to load up last year. But I was busy trying to find toilet paper... :roll:

Kevin

NoSmoke
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: New Yoker WC90
Baseburners & Antiques: Woods and Bishop Antique Pot Bellied Stove
Coal Size/Type: Stove/Nut/Pea Anthracite
Other Heating: Munchkin LP Boiler/Englander Pellet Stove/Perkins 4.108 Cogeneration diesel

Post by NoSmoke » Sun. Sep. 13, 2020 5:58 am

It has been a busy summer for me.

I was loving life, working from home when school said we had to go back in everyday. It is kind of silly without students, but we had to do what we were told. I do stay busy with online school though.

The thing was, I mow the sides of the roads for area towns and just told the boys I would be able to mow all summer, when that afternoon they said we had to go back to school everyday. They could not get anyone to work with $1000 unemployment checks, so I went to school during the week, and mowed ditches on the weekends. Even then we only got 1.5 towns done out of the 4 we typically mow.

So besides working 7 days a week, we also decided to put on a Mother-In-Law apartment in a garage that we have. And while I admit the progress has been slow, like anything, sometimes the best step is to at least get started because it just chews along from there. So we started that, but have a long ways to go.

We are not sure what we are going to do with the apartment yet...rent it out to hunters/atvers or snowmobilers, because we have quite a bit of land, and live right on a major atv/sled trail. But we also have teenage daughters so maybe they might need an apartment in the future...59% of kids from age 18-28 currently live at home...or maybe get foster children again? But we will have lots of options after its built.

Heat wise, until the pellet stove craps out, we will use that, as last year we only used 3.5 tons of pellets. It was the cheapest we have ever heated this home with, but we do have 600 gallons of propane on hand for the back up propane boiler. So we are doing okay considering just busy.

waytomany?s
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark II
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Looking
Baseburners & Antiques: Looking
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: newmac wood/coal combo furnace

Post by waytomany?s » Sun. Sep. 13, 2020 7:30 am

Hello, my name is Brandt and I'm a coffee addict. Been meaning to stop by and finally got the chance. I'm not sure of the procedure here so I'll just make the comment that I wish whoever starts the coffee would swing by and start mine next weekend. Summer was long and hot, and I'm way behind on my winter prep activities. Have a good day gents.

Return to “The Coffee House”