COFFEE 8-29-20

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Aug. 29, 2020 7:03 am

Mornin'
Freddy left the light on for us.......pot is a brewin'.
It looks like Mother Nature is bringing some rain.......we need it. Where did the Summer go? Next week, Labor Day week-end. Stay safe, healthy, and happy all.
Cheers

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Aug. 29, 2020 7:15 am

"snif" Smells good! Thanks for cranking up the coffee! I'm having a left over McDonalds cheeseburger..... does that count as a breakfast sandwich?

Coal bin is full for the winter. I fill it using the backhoe. Jussssst as I finished dumping the last bucket & lowered the bucket to the ground.... the engine quit! It took an hour to get 'er running again. I really should have a plan "B" in case it ever died while up in the air. Some bridges you just cross if you ever get there.

My back 10 acre was not been mowed the last two years.... just too darn wet. Finally it's dry enough so I'm spending an hour each day with the little John Deere & the bush hog. It's bumpy as heck? How do I smooth out a lumpy field? Don't tell me.....maybe I don't want to know.

Hope you all stay healthy & have a good weekend!

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Sat. Aug. 29, 2020 7:36 am

Good morning guys. Coffee tasting real good this morning. Off and on rain here the past two days, heavy at times. A lot of us need it. Oil change in the wife’s car. Then make some room in the shop for 6 pallets of coal. My buddy, his dad and I are splitting a trailer load coming next week. Didn’t really need it but what the hell. Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

samhill
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage

Post by samhill » Sat. Aug. 29, 2020 7:40 am

Good morning all, just a quick "to go" cup for me. Not much going on here except much needed rain (perhaps too much too fast but we'll see. My property is an old farm field that was never leveled properly & bumpy as hell to, I just slow down a bit when mowing. Hayfields on the right & back & State forests to the left so no real grass just low cut weeds, I've given the neighbor some room for more hay & gradually miss a bit of grass & allow a few more feet of hay. Hope all are safe & dry, take care.

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Sat. Aug. 29, 2020 8:13 am

Well, the big storms and tornado watches fizzled out and we got a little shower...going to be a good boat day until some more storms march in after 6 pm. The local weather just reported that we only had 3 clear days in August, seems kinda low but it rained everyday somewhere close by. Get your blueberries after this rain Freddy, I guess they are a disaster this year, dried up to bb's. Still got a bunch in the freezer.
Just a couple more months of great weather here, dang......

Kevin

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Aug. 29, 2020 8:18 am

Morning All!

Thanks for the coffee! Remnants of Laura are coning through here today. Looks like we will get clipped with the north edge of the storm. A little rain and a little wind and it will be out of here. No mowing on the hill today, not much else going on.

Stay Safe and Healthy!
-Don

lsayre
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75

Post by lsayre » Sat. Aug. 29, 2020 8:50 am

Freddy wrote:
Sat. Aug. 29, 2020 7:15 am
"snif" Smells good! Thanks for cranking up the coffee! I'm having a left over McDonalds cheeseburger..... does that count as a breakfast sandwich?
I had 2 hotdogs with stone ground mustard for breakfast today. No buns. Oh, and a few cups of coffee!!!

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. Aug. 29, 2020 10:08 am

Thanks D and Freddy,I hope everyone is staying dry this fine morning? I just now came in from doing yard work in-between the rain drops as its long overdue, I had some toast at 6:30 this morning and now I am eating a salad with some chicken( breakfast of champions :lol: ) and then I hope to finish the camper as I had to work last Sunday but with the crazy weather I still have my fingers crossed.
Have a good weekend people, stay safe and enjoy! :)

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Aug. 29, 2020 11:13 am

Uhh... Good Morning! I had the Privilege of partially attending Our oldest daughters' "Dirty 30" Party out here on Da' Bay.... Needless to say,Twas' a Screamer with with All the Young Ladies involved! I was outnumbered,and stayed by the fire with my buddy for most of it! Safer that way,dontcha know!! Have A Great One,Gang!!

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Aug. 29, 2020 12:13 pm

Life goes on people--thanx D--- Just doin some pre winter tightening up this AM-- nothin yet this afternoon--showers off & on!!

CapeCoaler
Stoker Coal Boiler: want AA130
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine BS#4, Harman MKII, Hitzer 503,...
Coal Size/Type: Pea/Nut/Stove

Post by CapeCoaler » Sat. Aug. 29, 2020 11:51 pm

Getting ready for home schooling the 3 kids...
They might be starting their 'on air' career as a friend of mine will be having us as on air talent for her shows...
The advantages of home school are starting...
Too crazy to put them back in public school...
Going to sit this experiment out and watch from the sidelines...
Need better supports for the tomatoes next year...
The 25 plants outgrew what I had this year...
It was a last minute Corona experiment to entertain the kids....
Now we know what they like and it will be part of the home school program...
Now just to work a boat into the program...
LOL...

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Aug. 30, 2020 7:38 am

I hear ya on those tomato supports--we bought 6 el-cheapos & 2 weeks into the season they failed--had to re-do them with metal fence posts--needles to say, we got tomato's out the old wa-zoo! LOL--squash of all types,1 pathetic pumpkin & potatoes that need diggin up. I'm thinkin the puppy ate the peppers--corn looks real good. If my kids were still here, I would damn sure do home schooling!!!!

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sun. Aug. 30, 2020 9:02 am

Good morning. I spent most of yesterday working on two projects. First it was the attack on the old oil boiler, then it was running a new set of power wires for my ham radio in my car. I think the radio job was worse. I had to jam myself under the front dash and figure out how to get the wires through the firewall, then I spent a half hour searching for my heat gun for the shrink tubing...never did find it, had to settle for a propane torch. Turned out great - no more worrying about the 12v power socket in the cab getting loose.

Back to school...we are off to get the rest of the school supplies today. Our kids will be spending half of their time at school, and half at home - that way the school is only at 50% capacity. Somehow I am supposed to work at home and also make sure the kids are doing their work. I am not optimistic that is going to work out well for either of us, but forward we go. I expect by the time flu season rolls around we will be back to virtual learning full time.

Well, back to packing up the kitchen. I have mentioned that we were working on an addition - well, it will all be framed by the end of this week, and we will be running a 17' hole in the side of the house to open the rooms to the addition. The kitchen cabinets are currently on that wall, so everything is getting packed up. After that, I have to pack everything up in my bedroom and closet b/c that room is getting remodeled as well. We have decided to just camp out in our guest cottage until the worst of this is done. I have internet over there, so you guys don't have to worry about missing me. :lol:

hotblast1357
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1984 Eshland S260 coal gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh anthracite pea
Other Heating: air source heat pump, oil furnace

Post by hotblast1357 » Sun. Aug. 30, 2020 6:38 pm

Good evening everyone!

Leiby just dropped off our 24.1 tons of Lehigh pea coal about 30 minutes ago, they both do a great job..

The way the world is going, we’re considering filling the house bins, and trying to stuff a second load in the outside bin, would get us 4 years worth..

Return to “The Coffee House”