COFFEE 7-25-2020

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Jul. 25, 2020 7:06 am

Mornin'
Coffee is perking. Gonna be another HOT week......Mother Nature making up for the cool Summer last year. Get the chores done early, then, relax in the shade. Enjoy the week-end, everyone.
Cheers

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Jul. 25, 2020 8:20 am

Good morning. Going to be a hot one here as well. I am off to look at new kitchen cabinets, then I will be Eastbound and Down....going to St.Albans VT for two kegs of craft beer. We are having a socially distanced birthday party this afternoon and that should pretty well finish off the day.

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Sat. Jul. 25, 2020 8:22 am

Morning from the humid South! Another day, with 10 more in sight of high temps and humidity and pop up thunder storms, some powerful. Having a get together of my friends not afraid of the big bad wolf, for my 60th bday party. Showing off the work I have done to my home. Cleaning up like madmen. Supposed to have short day yesterday and got home at 6:30........argh. Never enough time.
Enjoy the weekend everyone, they are already talking about turning the corner to fall on the news..

Kevin

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Jul. 25, 2020 8:29 am

Morning all!

Not much going on here. Going to be hot but right now only about 70. The humidity is listed as 100% though! :o If it ever drys out today I would like to get some mowing done.

Stay healthy and safe,
-Don

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. Jul. 25, 2020 8:35 am

Thanks for opening D, yes I’m officially done with summer please let fall begin!!
Well we are on our last stop of our trip camping on the Susquehanna river( we unfortunately are not right on the river but close)
E3971BE1-D1BE-459D-9E0B-A11813E21438.jpeg
.JPEG | 783KB | E3971BE1-D1BE-459D-9E0B-A11813E21438.jpeg
Going to take the wife and daughter to Bills old bike barn this morning, then a few stop to have some wine, and see what else we can get into.
Trip has been good but way to hot for me, we did have a tire failure after having changed it due to a bent axle( the tire was wearing bad on the inside edge so I decided to put the spare on, well 30 miles later boom!!) all my fault as i never replaced the China bomb spare with a good tire after the 1st year when I replaced the original ones.
I have some cosmetic work and i will have to replace the rear axle tube with a upgraded one due to the overweight condition of the trailer.
Ok friends have a wonderful weekend and stay cool!!

Benny
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Koker lite- house. Reading- garage
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Oil

Post by Benny » Sat. Jul. 25, 2020 8:44 am

Morning all, happy birthday Kevin, going to mow today and call it quits. Have a great weekend everyone.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Jul. 25, 2020 10:19 am

Mornin all, everythings done that needed doin--gonna be a scorcher. Will finish off lil bit of mowin this evening. Stay cool people. :)

gaw
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Post by gaw » Sat. Jul. 25, 2020 11:05 am

Coffee on the go, gotta work today.

Happy 60 Kevin you don't look a day over 59.

Bill's old bike barn, now that's a great day.

As long as the AC works I'll be fine Fred. The grass will be there tomorrow if you don't do it today.

freetown fred

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Jul. 25, 2020 2:06 pm

Damn Kevin, I missed that--Happy B-day my friend!! :clap: :D

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Sat. Jul. 25, 2020 8:24 pm

Good evening fellows. Happy Birthday Kevin. Hot muggy day here. Helped a buddy rebuild a stone wall today then hit a a flea market at a fire department, not many fleas there virus must have them laying low too. Going to get garden hoed up tomorrow rain this week has weeds starting up again. Everything looks good except for zucchini and cucumbers 90• heat has them barely holding on. I vote for some cooler temps! Take care friends.

samhill
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage

Post by samhill » Sun. Jul. 26, 2020 8:01 am

Good morning one & all, not much going on around here except like everywhere around the heat. Got some good news about being able to keep my left leg for awhile longer. It will probably always be a bit larger than the right but who besides me is gonna notice. Blood circulation is good going in but not so on the return, can't figure that one out. Neighbor got the second cut of hay on my side now just have to dry & bale. Hope all have a safe & cool week!

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sun. Jul. 26, 2020 8:11 am

It Ain't Snowin'! Past that,Happy Birffday,Kevin! As for the rest of You Coal Dregs,make it a Good One!

franco b
Site Moderator
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Post by franco b » Sun. Jul. 26, 2020 8:50 am

samhill wrote:
Sun. Jul. 26, 2020 8:01 am
Good morning one & all, not much going on around here except like everywhere around the heat. Got some good news about being able to keep my left leg for awhile longer. It will probably always be a bit larger than the right but who besides me is gonna notice. Blood circulation is good going in but not so on the return, can't figure that one out. Neighbor got the second cut of hay on my side now just have to dry & bale. Hope all have a safe & cool week!
Good to hear from you Sam, you have been missed. At least the news is encouraging.

freetown fred

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Jul. 26, 2020 10:03 am

Real good news S!! Come on buddy--goin in is DOWN hill---comin out is UP hill--think about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Got some good news about being able to keep my left leg for awhile longer. It will probably always be a bit larger than the right but who besides me is gonna notice. Blood circulation is good going in but not so on the return, can't figure that one out.
[/quote]

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sun. Jul. 26, 2020 6:29 pm

Hi dee hey! Good coffee, even if I'm a day or so late. A fine weekend uptta camp. The neighbor put on "The first annual float plane fly in". Eight planes landed on the pond & took up beach front up & down the shore. The first one came at 10AM. I heard the Cessna coming from way up high. I yelled "he's coming in HOT!". He did a curving flyover at near beach level at about 130 MPH. Man.... He was loud! It was fun to watch them land & take off. This February there will be a ski-plane fly in. I hope to go up & see that.

Glad to hear the ill are better than expected. Hang tough & forward we go!

Attachments

20200725_125915[1].jpg
.JPG | 364.9KB | 20200725_125915[1].jpg

Return to “The Coffee House”