Coffee 7-18-2020

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Jul. 18, 2020 6:11 am

Good day Fellow Coal Burners! The coffee shop is always open, But Saturday brings us a new sock filter & a special breed of coffee that stands alone in it's perfection. Ahhhhh, Enjoy this wonderful nectar. We have the last of 2019's blueberries going into pancake batter and a slab of fresh ham. Of course real maple syrup, but is there any home made butter?

Maybe this week, maybe next, but it's soon to be time to start thinking about next seasons coal supply. Sooner gone, sooner back, let's get our coal before prices go up.

Prepare for a few hot ones! The last two days were nice & cool, but the coming days are looking to be scorchers. Find some shade & relax.

Stay safe my friends and do your best to keep a smile close by.

hotblast1357
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1984 Eshland S260 coal gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh anthracite pea
Other Heating: air source heat pump, oil furnace

Post by hotblast1357 » Sat. Jul. 18, 2020 6:36 am

Good morning everyone! We have to get our TT load also before this season kicks off, hard to know the right time... it’s going to be 88 today, and 98 tomorrow, with a heat index of 105 I guess... I am crushing rocks today, and working a 12 tomorrow at the day job, it’s going to be warm...

It’s been a busy summer so far, trying to get as much done as possible, and now planning for a garage build next year..

I hope everyone is doing well!

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Jul. 18, 2020 6:58 am

Mornin all, butter huh??? You ask, you got--one tub of home churned delivered Freddy!! :) Outstanding b-fast choice my friend. Not much to do today--YET--LOL Yep, feels like she's gonna be a scorcher today. Enjoy the week-end people.

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. Jul. 18, 2020 6:59 am

Good morning friends and how is everyone dealing with this heat? Well I’m having a hard time enjoying myself with all the 90° days then add the humidity into the mix and it’s brutal :no1: .
This is our last day in the OuterBanks and now we are headed to Virginia Beach for a few days, Never been to this part of NC before so its was cool to see the sites but our stay on Lake Douglas in TN was my favorite place so far on this trip.
Thanks for the good coffee and the eats Freddy, enjoy the rest of the weekend people and be safe!

CoalJockey
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Several EFM 520 refurbs...one 900, one 1300 mega-stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: (2) Warm Morning Stoves

Post by CoalJockey » Sat. Jul. 18, 2020 7:05 am

G’Day Gents!

Been a few weeks since I poked my head in here, I have fallen victim to the mid-summer rush. We were busy spreading lime on hay ground and then the tri-axle work took off again so now it’s busy-busy. Everyone’s stimulus money must be kicking in because we have already sold several tri-axle loads of coal for the upcoming heating season and normally we have not quite started hauling just yet.

The Peterbilt is requesting an oil change and grease job here this morning. Headed to a pool-picnic this afternoon and evening. I mowed the weeds yesterday for the first time in 3 weeks, it has been so dry. Man did I eat a lot of dirt on that ride.

And as if all this is not enough, we are making preparations to put new roofs on the house, garage, and two patios. Plus... I found a nice 1964 CJ-5 hiding in the weeds as I was spreading lime that I am negotiating with the owner — just what I needed. Brittany is ready to kill me.

And that brings you up to speed. Have a great week!

gaw
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Post by gaw » Sat. Jul. 18, 2020 7:18 am

Another working weekend. Breakfast and coffee at Wawa.😁 I don't mind the heat as long as the air conditioning works.

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Jul. 18, 2020 7:36 am

Good morning. Baseball practice this morning, clam bake this evening, and smoked ribs at my house tomorrow. Summer is short, we are trying to make the most of it.

Update on the East Wing - PEX tubing and drains are run, was planning to pour the floor yesterday but the weather did not cooperate. We will see how it goes on Monday.

Holdencoal

Post by Holdencoal » Sat. Jul. 18, 2020 7:50 am

Wish I could head to Maine, but nope we are not allowed.

Keepaeyeonit wrote:
Sat. Jul. 18, 2020 6:59 am
This is our last day in the OuterBanks and now we are headed to Virginia Beach for a few days,
I hope you at least got to the tri villages, Frisco and Hatteras for the sights 12 south is a great road.

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Sat. Jul. 18, 2020 7:51 am

Good morning fellows. From breakfast, work, vacation, cookouts, baseball, trucks, everyone seems upbeat and busy! Picked up two ton of Reading nut coal yesterday it looked pretty good. Nothing very exciting going on this weekend for me. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Jul. 18, 2020 8:52 am

Morning everyone!

Thanks for the coffee, pancakes and ham Freddy! One of my favorite breakfasts!

Not much going on here but it's Hot, Hot Hot! I'll get in a little yard work and a little car work done though.

Stay cool,
-Don

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Sat. Jul. 18, 2020 10:12 am

Morning all. Pulled in from my illegal stealth trip into Maine to rescue the sister in law. Spent the night in Hazelton Pa and made the long run home yesterday.....Flew into some nice weather, waved to ya going over Orrington Freddy!
Interestingly, we went out to an establishment to eat as my son and his family and my brother came to see me. No one was wearing masks except the servers....in fact, we made several stops in different states and the mask thing is not a thing.....
Best part is I brought back a cooler full of Halibut and smelt.
Enjoy the weekend everyone!

Kevin

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sun. Jul. 19, 2020 9:34 am

Sunday mornin'
Good coffee, Freddy, thank you. With these temps(90's), I'll be adding ice to my coffee! Ahh!..taste good. Summer.....1 month down, 2 to go. Stay cool, guys & gals.
Cheers

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sun. Jul. 19, 2020 10:37 am

KLook wrote:
Sat. Jul. 18, 2020 10:12 am
waved to ya going over Orrington Freddy! Kevin
Did you see me out in the garden? I waved back! ;)

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Mon. Jul. 20, 2020 9:54 am

Did Someone Say "Monday Coffee"??
Looks like this Ol' Boy is enjoying Life way too much these days!! We've been beatin' Da' Heat by making the daily trip to the Sand Bar at the entrance to Sandusky Bay! It's really made the difference! I look like some Refugee from "Who Cares Land" as I go about my days! What a Grand Fortunance! As for the rest of You "Shenanigan Vendors",stay loose,hug your Loved Ones,as Freddy would say,and manage Your "Rona Rubbish" concerns accordingly! Later,Gang!

Return to “The Coffee House”