COFFEE 6-20-20

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Jun. 20, 2020 7:11 am

Mornin'
I think maybe Freddy's up North trying to escape the 'hot temps' Mother Nature brought us. 5 or 6 days of 90* is quite an intro to Summer.

Coffee is perking. Enjoy the Fathers Day week-end, everyone.
Cheers

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Jun. 20, 2020 7:25 am

Mornin all, thanx for puttin coffee on D. :) Gonna pick up Amish neighbor this AM --gotta put 3 step stringers up off front porch--have him paint trim on 2nd story window--I'm good for ground work, but ladders--I think not!!! LOL Gonna hook up bush hog & get started on WAY overgrown pastures. That's about it--one of my mares ought to be throwin a foal pretty soon, other one is due in July sometime---soooo, keepin an eye on that situation. Oldest girl is comin up tomorrow--BARBEQUE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy the week-end people.

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Jun. 20, 2020 8:19 am

Going to be a hot one gang. We are looking at a forecast of 90 and muggy this afternoon...it's already 80. Thankfully our Daikin mini split is doing a great job keeping the house comfortable.

The big news for today is that my dad and two boys are fishing in the Lake Champlain International Fishing Derby this weekend. They have caught some monsters in the last few weeks, so I think they have a good chance of catching something worth bringing to the weigh in. At a minimum they will have a lot of fun.

My plan for tomorrow is to smoke some meat and drink some tasty beer. I have a brisket flat, a rack of spare ribs, and a package of local sausage for the smoker. :yes:

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Jun. 20, 2020 8:35 am

Morning all!

Sounds like you all got some good plans for this weekend. Odd that you have 90's up there and down here we might not get to 80.

I will probably take care of some little things on the 944, Grease up the John Deere and mow some high grass.

Stay healthy and safe everyone!
-Don

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Sat. Jun. 20, 2020 8:41 am

Good morning fellows. Happy Father’s Day to everyone. Robs Sunday dinner sounds mighty tasty. Yard and garden work here as usual. At least I got the mowing caught up earlier in the week, so I can tackle some other things. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Benny
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Koker lite- house. Reading- garage
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Oil

Post by Benny » Sat. Jun. 20, 2020 9:04 am

Morning all, lots of deck work this week, smoking brisket and some beer, maybe Tito’s and club soda. Grandsons b-day party this afternoon. Have a great Father’s Day.

Attachments

AD98CAAD-F24E-4318-A830-32EC4CE7F37F.jpeg
.JPEG | 1.2MB | AD98CAAD-F24E-4318-A830-32EC4CE7F37F.jpeg
F56684CC-8236-44C2-955A-C371F00E7201.jpeg
.JPEG | 1.1MB | F56684CC-8236-44C2-955A-C371F00E7201.jpeg

Benny
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Koker lite- house. Reading- garage
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Oil

Post by Benny » Sat. Jun. 20, 2020 9:05 am

Sorry about the pic’s

CapeCoaler
Stoker Coal Boiler: want AA130
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine BS#4, Harman MKII, Hitzer 503,...
Coal Size/Type: Pea/Nut/Stove

Post by CapeCoaler » Sat. Jun. 20, 2020 9:47 am

Well we had another 'first' this week...
Our very 'boy' boy took a spill on his bike...
Full face helmet no apparent damage other than ego...
Then a minor spill on a razor scooter...
Again no apparent damage...
Well five days later and complaining about his knee...
We get an x-ray...
It is the urgent care/emergency level so they say you need an appointment with an orthopedist after they read the x-ray...
On 'The Cape' that is 7-10 days out so we call our orthopedist at Children's Hospital in Boston...
Last time our son was in a leg cast for 10 weeks so we have a good history with her...
So next day we go to our appointment, good news no issues with the knee but broken arm and a bone chip in the wrist...
He had just said his arm hurt 'a bit' on the way to the Dr appointment...
Looks to be on for about 4 weeks...
The swing/play set just arrived 2 days ago...
Need to clear a spot for that next...

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Jun. 20, 2020 10:20 am

Good Lord,I Can't Do Anything After Reading This Whole Deal! Too Good!
Happy Father's Day Weekend,Gang!!

johnjoseph
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Other Heating: pellet stove, oil boiler

Post by johnjoseph » Sat. Jun. 20, 2020 12:46 pm

92 degrees here at this time. Yesterday was a scorcher. Absolutely odd that it is so hot here and no humidity; heck it was warmer here yesterday than it was in many southern states. We haven't had rain in 13 days. Last year we had just shy of 6 inches of rain by this date in June. We have had half that amount this year.

Yesterday 15 miles northwest:

CARIBOU, MAINE HAS TIED THEIR HIGHEST TEMP ON RECORD WITH A HIGH SO FAR OF 96 DEGREES, LAST SET 43 YEARS AGO, MAY 22nd, 1977. (Records have been kept there for 80 years)

Both sons coming for a visit tomorrow. Throwing some fresh grass fed steaks on the smoker tomorrow morning for about 4 hours at 170 degrees. Apple and maple wood chips soaked in water and bourbon. I am going to throw on a brisket following that for about 5.5 hours for our evening meal. Potatoes, onions, fresh green beans, carrots with butter, pepper and salt added all put in a tin foil pack and cooked on the gas grill at 225 for 1.5 hours; enough for 2 meals. Dessert: watermelon after the first meal and fresh blackberries with a bit of sugar and fresh heavy cream from a local farmer for the second. First fathers day I've been home to celebrate with my sons in 19 years; was always working.

Anyhow, I would like to wish all of you Dad's and Granddads a great Father's day! Enjoy that time with your offspring, it's well worth it.🙂

samhill
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage

Post by samhill » Sat. Jun. 20, 2020 2:23 pm

Good Morning all, or I guess afternoon would be a better choice. Not much going on here except finding out they were right about Lyme Disease makes it hard to take heat & sun, I do a little at a time. A good friends son who was my son's childhood friend passed a couple days ago. My son is taking it kind of hard, the friend was a cop in Jefferson Hills (near Pittsburgh) & got hit real hard head-on. They had to get him out from the back & he lasted 10 days before passing, got hit by a pick-up doing high speed in the wrong lane. They are being real tight lipped about much more than that, always remember to kiss the wife before going out as you never know.

CoalJockey
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Several EFM 520 refurbs...one 900, one 1300 mega-stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: (2) Warm Morning Stoves

Post by CoalJockey » Sat. Jun. 20, 2020 4:52 pm

Hi guys

Started the morning off spreading some lime until a blown hydraulic hose shut me down. It took several hours to dismantle everything, have a new one made, and re-install it And by then it was time to go mow grass. I will re-visit that chore on Monday.

Dolan turned 5 yesterday and shares the day with the wife of a good friend of mine. Sounds like we are heading over tonight for a gathering for her, looking forward to setting around in the yard with some good food and drinks with many friends.

Have a good week!

johnjoseph

Post by johnjoseph » Sat. Jun. 20, 2020 5:02 pm

Congrats on the the birthday boy Coaljockey!

CoalJockey
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Several EFM 520 refurbs...one 900, one 1300 mega-stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: (2) Warm Morning Stoves

Post by CoalJockey » Sun. Jun. 21, 2020 10:03 am

johnjoseph wrote:
Sat. Jun. 20, 2020 5:02 pm
Congrats on the the birthday boy Coaljockey!
Thanks JJ... he is a real character!

Attachments

johnjoseph

Post by johnjoseph » Sun. Jun. 21, 2020 10:06 am

Wow....I remember those years with my sons....it's been the better part of 15 years though. They are funny at that age on up through graduation. Then they start getting serious....Enjoy! Time files.

Return to “The Coffee House”