COFFEE-6-6-20

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Jun. 06, 2020 7:19 am

Mornin'
Coffee's perking, Freddy's snoring!!!!
Cheers

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Sat. Jun. 06, 2020 7:21 am

Morning all, Freddy's probably "uppta camp". Gonna be scorcher here today. AH, bring it on.....

Kevin

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Sat. Jun. 06, 2020 7:30 am

Good morning guys. Muggy outside here already. Miracle grow and hoe the garden this morning. Then putsy around the house. Exciting day lol. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Jun. 06, 2020 8:00 am

Greetings,D-Day Coal Memorializer's!
While Freddy's Away,His Mice Will Play! Life is Good! A Simple Beautiful Day with a hint of Unstoppable Human Spirit tossed right into Our Coffee! Make it "Your Way" today,and the rest of the Weekend! As Always,Take Care,Gang!!

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. Jun. 06, 2020 8:18 am

Good morning people and hows everyone this fine morning? thanks for the coffee D It’s just what I needed to counter the effects of drinking a little to much tequila last night :)
Not much going today just getting together with the neighbors to do some shooting ( with the way things are right now we need to keep our shooting skills polished) and a cookout afterwards.
It should be a nice day as the heat and humidity moved to the East towards most of you so your welcome :lol: .
Ok friends have a wonderful weekend and stay safe!

Benny
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Koker lite- house. Reading- garage
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Oil

Post by Benny » Sat. Jun. 06, 2020 8:26 am

Morning all, beautiful day today. More pressure washing and staining,120 ft of railing very time consuming. Have a great weekend all!

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Jun. 06, 2020 8:30 am

Good morning everyone. It is shaping up to be a hot and sticky day here, so I better get my outside chores done early. I have some topsoil to spread, and I need to get over to dads and change the blades on his lawn mower.

Big news for the week - the boys caught a 30" Bowfin in Lake Champlain. 5 minutes of pure excitement they will never forget.

Also newsworthy - I fired Amerigas and switched to an independent propane supplier this week, which is basically cutting my propane cost in half. New tanks coming next week. It pays to shop around.

Attachments

IMG_20200604_155032167_HDR.jpg
.JPG | 634.3KB | IMG_20200604_155032167_HDR.jpg

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Jun. 06, 2020 9:30 am

Morning all,

Ahh, the little fishermen at work, nice picture!

I'll probably be fumbling around in the garage today booger welding some exhaust pipe together. The Axeman is having some problems digesting the "bottom of the bin" coal. There are a lot of fines in it so I cranked the fan speed up to 2300RPM. We'll see if we can keep it burning that way.

Stay healthy and safe,
-Don

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Jun. 06, 2020 10:57 am

Finished yearly cleanin of stove & pipe--gotta go do recycle & after that--NOTHIN-- just gonna enjoy the day. :)

CoalJockey
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Several EFM 520 refurbs...one 900, one 1300 mega-stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: (2) Warm Morning Stoves

Post by CoalJockey » Sat. Jun. 06, 2020 12:14 pm

Hi guys

Hot and humid... just how I like it. We had some pretty spectacular thunderstorms here this week with some hail, thankfully rather small sizes. It did knock the flowers off my rhododendrons but At least we got two enjoy them for a good 2 weeks this year.

Dumbing around the shop this morning and now getting ready to go mow as soon as I’m done eating. Looking forward to a nice evening here at home with the boys.

Have a great week.

johnjoseph
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Other Heating: pellet stove, oil boiler

Post by johnjoseph » Sat. Jun. 06, 2020 1:16 pm

Took the pup to the groomers at 530 and picked him up at 9am. We worked on his bird retrieval under shot gun fire this morning for a few couple of hours. He wasn't even rusty from last November. Every exercise he completed perfectly. I started training him at 3 months old and by 5 months he was perfect. Best companion ever!
Have a great day all!
20200606_122752.jpg
.JPG | 364.3KB | 20200606_122752.jpg

bambooboy
Baseburners & Antiques: imperial ringgold
Other Heating: woodstock soapstone,comfort,fisher,federal,fairy oak

Post by bambooboy » Sat. Jun. 06, 2020 7:09 pm

end of the day time again,just figured out i was 13 days old at the time.

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sat. Jun. 06, 2020 8:11 pm

johnjoseph wrote:
Sat. Jun. 06, 2020 1:16 pm
Took the pup to the groomers at 530 and picked him up at 9am. We worked on his bird retrieval under shot gun fire this morning for a few couple of hours. He wasn't even rusty from last November. Every exercise he completed perfectly. I started training him at 3 months old and by 5 months he was perfect. Best companion ever!
Have a great day all!

20200606_122752.jpg
What breed is the dog? I used to hunt birds with a Brittany Spaniel. Got her when she was 13... someone was taking her to put down and she got saved. I think I was still hunting with her at 16 but I had to help her some. Wide legged and arthritic but still loved to go... not me, the dog :lol: Just kept her on our 40 acres then.

johnjoseph
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Other Heating: pellet stove, oil boiler

Post by johnjoseph » Sat. Jun. 06, 2020 8:26 pm

warminmn wrote:
Sat. Jun. 06, 2020 8:11 pm
What breed is the dog? I used to hunt birds with a Brittany Spaniel. Got her when she was 13... someone was taking her to put down and she got saved. I think I was still hunting with her at 16 but I had to help her some. Wide legged and arthritic but still loved to go... not me, the dog :lol: Just kept her on our 40 acres then.
He's a labradoodle...basically lab and poodle mix. With the poodles high intelligence and being easily trained and the labs instinct to retrieve and loyalty, I couldn't ask for a better pup. I have a 15.5 year old beagle terrier mix, rescue dog at 4 months from a kill shelter in Arkansas. Basically, he's a family dog. He would always fetch for the boys and he would flush birds for me, but wouldn't retrieve. Can't complain, he has been a good all around dog. He is full of arthritis now and has a tough time some days, but doesn't whine that he's in pain. Vet says he's healthy otherwise and he could live for a few more years.

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Jun. 06, 2020 8:37 pm

Hey..... It's Saturday! Glad to find fresh coffee is still on! Yup... Uppta camp & now that the dry air of Spring is gone, so is the reception. Camp is so remote there isn't even a decent radio signal! Ohhh, you can get a scratchy station or two, but that's about it. Hope you all have a smooth weekend.

Return to “The Coffee House”