Coffee 3-14-2020

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Mar. 14, 2020 5:46 am

Good morning! No worries here.... just stop by each of the three hand wash stations, then scoot through the Lysol gauntlet, grab your N-95 mask & we are good for coffee. Please note that all coffee house seats are spaced 21 feet apart. Once seated, take off your mask & enjoy! Pancakes & waffles are ready & there's thick sliced bacon for all.

This is certainly looking to be an early Spring. Hardly any snow left & every day is well above freezing. OK... we deserve it! If this keeps up I'll be shutting down the Axeman Anderson early. Fine by me!

I hope you are all cautious & staying healthy. This virus thing might be a tough road for some of us. Forward we go!

Holdencoal

Post by Holdencoal » Sat. Mar. 14, 2020 6:02 am

Fred, good morning! got any blueberry pancakes? I could use one this morning.

I don’t know which death I would prefer soon. The kids and wife are home for two weeks with me since I work from home. Maybe since everyone in the office is home I’ll go into the office..... :lol:

NoSmoke
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: New Yoker WC90
Baseburners & Antiques: Woods and Bishop Antique Pot Bellied Stove
Coal Size/Type: Stove/Nut/Pea Anthracite
Other Heating: Munchkin LP Boiler/Englander Pellet Stove/Perkins 4.108 Cogeneration diesel

Post by NoSmoke » Sat. Mar. 14, 2020 6:12 am

You got to hand it to the Chinese; they deduced a simple way to quell the violence of Taiwan Protesters, and get their economy on an even keel with the rest of the world.

Myself, I have a busy weekend working on Katie's Shoe-Barn. I got all the material yesterday to finish the job, and it is my last weekend of freedom.

After almost five years, I am returning to the workforce. I got a great job starting Monday as a welding instructor for disadvantaged students.

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Sat. Mar. 14, 2020 6:43 am

Good morning guys. Safety first good job Fred...just a work around the yard kinda weekend here. Going to prune some trees back and maybe start on a small retaining wall that’s leaning. Nice job no smoke. H I feel for you! Everyone stay safe! Enjoy the weekend!

coalkirk
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1981 EFM DF520 retired
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Jotul 507 on standby
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh anthracite/rice coal

Post by coalkirk » Sat. Mar. 14, 2020 6:51 am

Morning all. I love the Lysol gauntlet! We are in very challenging times for sure. Schools are closed here for 2 weeks. I have a feeling that over the next two weeks as the number of infected people skyrocket, and it will, that schools will be shut down much longer. Businesses are having their employees telecommute who can. I do home inspections so can't telecommute. I have told all my clients not to bring the parents, aunts, uncles and friends to the inspection. No handshakes. I went to the grocery store yesterday and there wasn't panic but there was certainly a little desperation in the air. Hope everyone stays safe!

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Mar. 14, 2020 7:18 am

Mornin all, outstanding b-fast choice--brought some churned butter to contribute--doin NOTHING this week-end--on the farm that means I'll only be KINDA busy--LOL supposed to have sun & wind the next few days--might clear up this quagmire!! Enjoy the week-end people & stay safe. :)

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Mar. 14, 2020 7:23 am

Mornin,
Thank you for the coffee, Freddy. St. Patrick's Day coming up, then, first day of Spring, yeah!!! It's been a mild Winter.......we needed that. This virus...........stay safe & healthy, everyone.
Cheers

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Sat. Mar. 14, 2020 7:27 am

Morning all, where did you get the Lysol and masks Freddy? We have 1 confirmed case in Chattanooga and the stores are wiped clean...amazing. Made great progress on my screened in containment area....errrr porch that is...but I get to go install a door for a friend today. My son and family in Maine had a trip to Disney scheduled since before Christmas and it is gone, my granddaughters recital is off this afternoon....reminds me of lemmings....

Try to enjoy the weekend, more rain here as it has been for weeks.

Kevin

NoSmoke
Other Heating: Munchkin LP Boiler/Englander Pellet Stove/Perkins 4.108 Cogeneration diesel

Post by NoSmoke » Sat. Mar. 14, 2020 8:06 am

coalkirk wrote:
Sat. Mar. 14, 2020 6:51 am
Morning all. I love the Lysol gauntlet! We are in very challenging times for sure. Schools are closed here for 2 weeks. I have a feeling that over the next two weeks as the number of infected people skyrocket, and it will, that schools will be shut down much longer. Businesses are having their employees telecommute who can. I do home inspections so can't telecommute. I have told all my clients not to bring the parents, aunts, uncles and friends to the inspection. No handshakes. I went to the grocery store yesterday and there wasn't panic but there was certainly a little desperation in the air. Hope everyone stays safe!
I see it being the opposite.

85% of people in the United States live pay check to pay check and have less than $1000 in savings. They cannot afford NOT to work, and businesses are not much better, and cannot pay them for staying home.

As the number of people get infected and recover, the panic will go down because it is no longer new and scary, and we will all look at this like Y2K, and laugh...

It will be a laughable fad like a Richard Simmons Betamax Tape "Sweating to the Oldies".

NoSmoke

Post by NoSmoke » Sat. Mar. 14, 2020 8:08 am

I will add that the Doomsday Preppers got it all wrong. They are hoarding up guns, food, and preparing for nuclear holocaust, and it is toilet paper that they should have been grabbing.

Myself, we got a few hundred acres of corn. Corn cobs anyone?

Holdencoal

Post by Holdencoal » Sat. Mar. 14, 2020 8:21 am

NoSmoke wrote:
Sat. Mar. 14, 2020 8:06 am
I see it being the opposite.

85% of people in the United States live pay check to pay check and have less than $1000 in savings. They cannot afford NOT to work, and businesses are not much better, and cannot pay them for staying home.

As the number of people get infected and recover, the panic will go down because it is no longer new and scary, and we will all look at this like Y2K, and laugh...

It will be a laughable fad like a Richard Simmons Betamax Tape "Sweating to the Oldies".
We are doing this to slow the spread and not tax hospitals. That’s it. The virus is here to stay. Once we get past the initial infection, life will return to normal.

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Mar. 14, 2020 8:51 am

Good morning. Rough start this morning, the wind really roared last night and I barely slept. I just finished picking up my porch furniture, and my neighbor is out picking up his shingles from the lawn.

In other news, I have been down with pneumonia all week. I had a terrible chest cold in late January that got 90% clear after a 5 day antibiotic, and then it came roaring back - but worse. Last Monday I lost my voice, and my doctor sent me to the local hospital for a chest x-ray. You guys can probably imagine the looks I got when I tried to get registered and could barely talk. Got 100 questions about my travel, etc etc. Went through the Coronona virus checklist and swabbed me for influenza. Negative on both of those, all signs pointed to bacterial pneumonia. They put me on a 10 day antibiotic and told me to stay home and rest. I am on day 4 and still can't talk, but I am breathing better.

There is never a good time to come down with something like this, but right now is a BAD time. I don't even dare go into town for fear of having a coughing fit and causing a scene.

johnjoseph
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Other Heating: pellet stove, oil boiler

Post by johnjoseph » Sat. Mar. 14, 2020 9:25 am

Today is a day that I'm sitting back, resting and contemplating current events. Breakfast for me was a simple hard boiled egg and homemade oatmeal bread that I baked last Sunday. I guess simple is best and being thankful I have it, is my inclined attitude. Wishing all a simple, safe and uneventful day and upcoming week.

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Mar. 14, 2020 9:33 am

Morning all!

A late start here today. The main project for today is a test run for the 6.0 LS V8. This is just to be sure we got everything right in the valve train before we install the engine. The Axeman is just cruising in this mild weather.
Rob R. wrote:
Sat. Mar. 14, 2020 8:51 am
Got 100 questions about my travel, etc etc. Went through the Coronona virus checklist and swabbed me for influenza. Negative on both
Kind of ironic, but I guess in this case you are better off with the pneumonia. :what: I hope you get better soon.

Stay healthy everyone!
-Don

buffalo bob
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 354 and a 254
Coal Size/Type: anthracite nut

Post by buffalo bob » Sat. Mar. 14, 2020 10:56 am

morn all breakfast sounds great. all going ok here..been on semi self quarantine since 2003 when i retired...nobody within 1/2 mile of me and wife..plan to make it more than semi till this virus $hit is over..start kemo (preventive maint) tuesday got port in friday so i am good to go...still got the hitzer running low nights get cold ...window stats work wonders during daytime, and are adjustable lol...this toilet paper bull $hit is a joke just do like the arabs wipe by hand then wash hands...lol dont use left hand for eating...well take care all see ya B.B.

Return to “The Coffee House”