Coffee 1-18-2020

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Jan. 18, 2020 7:05 am

Brrrrr.... Minus 4 outside, but in here it's nice and warm with hot Ethiopian coffee in abundance. Blueberry pancakes? Of course! Feel free to spend a moment & join us for some social coffee & a few moments of Brrr, it's cold, let's get into some mischief.

Scotty left here on a four day trip a week and a half ago. I've been keeping his Axeman Anderson going while he's gone. He had the audacity to get a whopper of a cold and has been sick as a dog for a week now. Too darn down & out to drive home. Sheesh! He's feeling a bit better now, but is caught in this new storm. I might not see him or my Van until Spring!

I hope you're all keeping the black rocks burning & managing to stay warm. At least this will make the lakes safe for ice fishing.

Forward!

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Jan. 18, 2020 7:10 am

Uh-oh! Simultaneous Coffeehouse Openings! While I was clobbering the Rear Door,as usual,Freddy The Gentleman used his key for a Tasteful Entry through Our front door! I'll see if a Mod would be Gracious Enough to ashcan my other thread! 'Taint Needed!!

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Jan. 18, 2020 7:13 am

mornin'
Hot coffee on a cold(+10*) morning, thank you, Freddy. It looks like the snow will be moving in tonight. Oh well, it's Winter!!
Keep warm, guys/gals.
Cheers

BostonBob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman DVC500,Alaska Gnome 40
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by BostonBob » Sat. Jan. 18, 2020 7:22 am

Warm Morning all ! That’s a bit chilly Fred !! Blueberry pancakes and Hot Coffee sounds Great this Morning ! The black rocks have been burning Great, 73 in the House and 15 outside just waiting for that white stuff to fall ! Glad I don’t have Togo anywhere today, just working on the new mud room and staying warm !!!! enjoy the weekend and stay warm !

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Jan. 18, 2020 7:43 am

Mornin all, great b-fast choice Freddy--gotta fill coal buckets from bins (-2* here on the hill) no joggin this AM LOL Have a safe week-end all!!!

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. Jan. 18, 2020 7:48 am

Good morning friends of the black rock club, Good choice on the coffee Freddy :yes: .
Not to cold this morning (26°) but the wind was a blown last night and a few inches of snow, Not much going today just winding down on the stair project as I have a 52" rail section and the false treads on 5 steps left to do, I'm beating my head trying to figure out the trim( I have 2 areas that are goofy and I don't know how Want it to look at that point) but somehow I will make It work. Alright people have a good weekend and week to come, Take care and stay warm :)

coaledsweat
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by coaledsweat » Sat. Jan. 18, 2020 8:22 am

Hambden Bob wrote:
Sat. Jan. 18, 2020 7:10 am
Uh-oh! Simultaneous Coffeehouse Openings! While I was clobbering the Rear Door,as usual,Freddy The Gentleman used his key for a Tasteful Entry through Our front door! I'll see if a Mod would be Gracious Enough to ashcan my other thread! 'Taint Needed!!
I'm out, you guys see if you can keep two of them going! I hear an extra cup of Freddy's nectar should get you fired up!

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Sat. Jan. 18, 2020 8:55 am

Morning all. Warm and incoming rain here(47) and its going to be in the low 20's for about 3 days after with days in the 40's. Worst blast for the winter and hopefully the last...lol. Got a ton of things on the plate, projects around the home and work has picked up so much considering working weekends......
Keepaeyeonit, put up a pic or 2 of your difficult spots. I have done quite a few finish stairs. You appear to be better then the average homeowner by the looks of what you have accomplished.

Kevin

If you like I will pm you my # and you can text them to me.

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Jan. 18, 2020 9:20 am

Morning all,

Winter is back! Even down here in the South! The highest temps in the 7 day are mid 30's, just where they should be. It is very welcome to me after 60's and 70's last weekend. We get plenty of hot weather here so I am glad when it stays cold for a while.

Since it is nice and cold out, last night I decided to have a wood fire in the 'Ol Harman SF3500. Wood doesn't last very long so, after a few beers I threw some Chestnut coal on it. I left the ash door open for a few minutes to get the black rocks lit.

It turned out that a "few minutes" in my mind at that time was long enough to get a good coal blaze going, stack was pegged at 700 degrees! :o Fortunately, after shutting the dampers down, things returned to normal. NOTE TO SELF: Start coal fire BEFORE drinking beer! :oops:
Hambden Bob wrote:
Sat. Jan. 18, 2020 7:10 am
Mod would be Gracious Enough to ashcan my other thread!
Done deal Bob. You're in the can!

-Don

buffalo bob
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 354 and a 254
Coal Size/Type: anthracite nut

Post by buffalo bob » Sat. Jan. 18, 2020 9:33 am

morning all well another weatherman april fool supposed to get a snow blast between 5 and 6 this am well got bout 1/4 inch hahaha..24 here now and 354 doing great...worried bout the ice they are calling for later...ice sucks...had to chain saw my way out after the last one...4 tenths mile to hard road...have a good day all cajun bacon ready ...see ya B.B...

Hambden Bob

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Jan. 18, 2020 9:49 am

Spanx-A-Lot For The Multi-Post Correction,Gents!! Afterall,there really is only One Freddy,and We've Got 'em!! Now that's Coffee!!

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Sat. Jan. 18, 2020 10:27 am

Mouthwatering breakfast Freddy. Started my morning at 230 am. Plowing and salting the roads mid 20s here about a inch of snow then ice then rain warming up in the 40s then back down to the teens. Crazy weather for sure! Snow plow operators not getting much ot this winter for sure. Not breaking my heart any. Well everyone stay safe and stay warm!

CoalJockey
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Several EFM 520 refurbs...one 900, one 1300 mega-stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: (2) Warm Morning Stoves

Post by CoalJockey » Sat. Jan. 18, 2020 2:50 pm

Hi guys

I slept right through breakfast, I don’t remember it coming thru. I’m down on the couch under a blanket with the crud, been dealing with it off and on since Thanksgiving and I know it’s the same sinus stuff that never really left. I finally gave up and had the doc phone in an antibiotic.

It’s not worth going outside for anyhow. It’s throwing down a mix of snow and sleet so hard that it rattles the windows. I suppose we will pay for all the nice weather we have had.

Not much to report, EFM boilers doing their thing and trucks running good. Been getting some stuff through the shop now that work slowed down. Still hope to get some good lime spreading on some frozen ground at some point.

Have a goodie.

Hambden Bob

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Jan. 18, 2020 3:19 pm

Uh,Jock,I think the Kiddo shared that with You!!

Return to “The Coffee House”