First Caffeine Banger 4Jan2020 !!

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. Jan. 04, 2020 9:02 pm

Good evening friends, I did manage to muster up some energy to stop by after dragging ass since last Friday :hangover: . I finally had enough of the sitting around so I did manage to get the 1st ( and easiest one) section done today as I was all alone, I didn't do to bad for 8 HRS and being sick
IMG_0994.jpeg
.JPEG | 837.8KB | IMG_0994.jpeg
so I hope I feel better tomorrow so I can get the hardest part done with some help :yes: .
CoalJockey wrote:
Sat. Jan. 04, 2020 7:40 am
It was a rough night otherwise... my wife took Silas to the ER in the middle of the night, so full of mucus the poor boy couldn’t breathe. I stayed here with Dolan, not sure what time they got home but are both downstairs sleeping on the couch. There is some really bad stuff going around our area right now.
Oh ya Tyler this is kicking my ass and I'm in good shape ( couldn't imagine being a little kid or a older person thats not in good health, this could become very serious )

Ok friends, have a good week to come, and for all of us that are under the weather take it easy and get yourself better :)

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Jan. 04, 2020 10:43 pm

Not good,Barry! You are a Human Dynamo! If You're down,then it's Bad! Is it the Flu,or the Cleveland Crud?

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sun. Jan. 05, 2020 7:44 am

I thinks is the Cleveland Crud, Its like the Flu but never did throw up. I have lots of congestion and my whole body hurts, never had anything this before.
I feel better this morning but I'm still coughing and hacking up nasty *censored* :what: , oh well I will take it easy today as I do have two more sets of hands :yes:

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sun. Jan. 05, 2020 8:07 am

I have had a terrible head (now chest) cold since New Year's Eve. It is getting better, but still dragging me down. Unless I take decongestants my ears are plugged solid. :cry:

We got a few inches of sloppy snow last night. I will be glad for the new snow tires when I strike out for a hockey tournament in Vermont in a few hours.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Jan. 05, 2020 8:08 am

Wise decision Barry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Luck to the boys Rob!!! :)

Rick 386
Stoker Coal Boiler: AA 260 heating both sides of twin farmhouse
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Hyfire II w/ coaltrol in garage
Coal Size/Type: Pea in AA 260, Rice in LL Hyfire II
Other Heating: Gas fired infared at work

Post by Rick 386 » Sun. Jan. 05, 2020 10:39 pm

I'm really getting frightened when HB closes the year and then opens the new year at the old coffee house.

My work and home duties prevent me from posting a lot on here but I do occasionally get a few minutes to quickly scan over the pages.

Since the welding of the DHW flange on the old AA 260 had finally been completed I think I finally have it dialed in and it is performing the way it should. And no I'm not going to mess with it at all.

Now the next challenge will be repiping the oil burner, and this project will be done.

Last weekend I tried to fix the leak between the main house and the tenant house water pipe. Well 6 hours later and after mistakenly hooking the old pipe with the backhoe, I replaced everything up to the macadam driveway overlay with brand new pex tubing. Only to find new leaks in the 40+ year old galvanized pipe running under the driveway. So for now I can work around the breaks by backfeeding through the outside spigot. New pex will be installed in spring.

And now for the motorheads, my next project at the shop........ Resto on a '69 Camaro. Might have to start a thread in the other forum.

Rick

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Mon. Jan. 06, 2020 6:53 am

WHOOPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :oops: :lol: -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Last weekend I tried to fix the leak between the main house and the tenant house water pipe. Well 6 hours later and after mistakenly hooking the old pipe with the backhoe, I replaced everything up to the macadam driveway overlay with brand new pex tubing. Only to find new leaks in the 40+ year old galvanized pipe running under the driveway. So for now I can work around the breaks by backfeeding through the outside spigot. New pex will be installed in spring.

Rick
[/quote]

Return to “The Coffee House”