Coffee 11-23-2019

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Nov. 23, 2019 5:38 am

Fresh Burundi coffee is hot & there's plenty of it. Come on in! I'm thinking blueberry pancakes & thick cut bacon for breakfast. Let's make this day happen!

The Axeman 130 is happy to keep me warm. It's probably time to go empty ashes. I remember when I used to weigh coal....weigh ashes, keep track of temps.... not I just ignore the ol' girl & empty ashes every few days. Oh, during the depths of winter ashes are a daily chore, but this time of year I could probably go a week, but it gets heavy.

Hope you all have a smooth weekend!

CoalJockey
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Several EFM 520 refurbs...one 900, one 1300 mega-stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: (2) Warm Morning Stoves

Post by CoalJockey » Sat. Nov. 23, 2019 6:59 am

Hi Fred, thanks for the brew.

It cooled off again after that front went through yesterday and we are sitting at 22* now. Not really in a big hurry to get out the door.

We will see how things go today, more coal deliveries to get out. I would like to work on the CJ-5 some more this afternoon if I get time.

I will be glad to see Thanksgiving come, I need a break. I hope you all have a great time with your loved ones. See you at Thanksgiving Coffee.

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Nov. 23, 2019 7:00 am

Mornin'
Good coffee, Freddy, thank you. November came in really cold, and going out warmer.......that's a little weird, but OK by me. Thanksgiving week coming up. Have a safe, enjoyable week, coal bros/sisters.
Cheers

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Sat. Nov. 23, 2019 7:50 am

Good morning all. Can’t go wrong with thick slice bacon and blueberry pancakes! Hope everyone has a great day!

the snowman
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Jotul 507
Coal Size/Type: Nut, Stove coal, Egg coal

Post by the snowman » Sat. Nov. 23, 2019 10:00 am

Morning all,

Coal burning in full swing, house is comfy at 78F. Bitching about the lack of quality service I received from my truck dealership yesterday. Oil change: truck oil level one and a half quarts from being full. Four tire changes and balances: Tires are not balanced correctly (they shake) and found three lug nuts on both front wheels to be loose and the rear were torqued over 220 ft.lbs. The icing on the cake, someone went through the tool box on my truck. Nice! Nothing was missing, however, I still did not appreciate the snooping. Anyway, I hope everyone has a safe and productive weekend. See everyone on Turkey day.

The snowman.

Gian4

Post by Gian4 » Sat. Nov. 23, 2019 10:20 am

Hi all
Toasty house here in CNY. Ice on the outside deck. Hope everyone has a safe and happy Thanksgiving.
Later
Gian4

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Nov. 23, 2019 10:21 am

Morning all!

Thanks for the coffee Freddy, good stuff. Not much going on here this weekend, I'll probably go out and play with the car and the Axeman a little, but that's about it.
the snowman wrote:
Sat. Nov. 23, 2019 10:00 am
found three lug nuts on both front wheels to be loose and the rear were torqued over 220 ft.lbs.
Wow, that is pretty seriously dangers stuff! :o . If those guys have any kind of certifications, they should be revoked.

-Don

franco b
Site Moderator
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Post by franco b » Sat. Nov. 23, 2019 10:26 am

the snowman wrote:
Oil change: truck oil level one and a half quarts from being full. Four tire changes and balances: Tires are not balanced correctly (they shake) and found three lug nuts on both front wheels to be loose and the rear were torqued over 220 ft.lbs.
"The society which scorns excellence in plumbing as a humble activity and tolerates shoddiness in philosophy because it is an exalted activity will have neither good plumbing nor good philosophy: neither its pipes nor its theories will hold water."---------------John Gardner

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. Nov. 23, 2019 12:17 pm

Good morning coal burning coffee drinking cyber friends, Good breakfast choice Freddy!!
Snow is gone for now so yesterday I got a chance to blow the leaves and get the grass cut and today so far I got the camper parked for the winter and now Its time to cut next years camping firewood.
the snowman wrote:
Bitching about the lack of quality service I received from my truck dealership yesterday. Oil change: truck oil level one and a half quarts from being full. Four tire changes and balances: Tires are not balanced correctly (they shake) and found three lug nuts on both front wheels to be loose and the rear were torqued over 220 ft.lbs. The icing on the cake, someone went through the tool box on my truck. Nice!
I would definitely let someone know about their dangerous BS shoddy work!! I would also try to get them to pay for the rear stud replacement as I'm thinking they were over torqued 30+%!! Start looking for a new dealer thats for sure.
I'm lucky I have the know how and still healthy enough to do just about anything on our vehicles, I hate working on *censored* but I don't trust anyone with our stuff even the dealer.

Have a good weekend and enjoy the week to come.

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Nov. 23, 2019 12:25 pm

Good Morning,Gang! Thanksgiving Cometh In A Few! Yay!
Thanx to Our Fabulous Coal Goomba,namely one Mr. Keepaeyeonit,The Ohio Coal Syndicate shipped some of CoalJockey's Stove Sized Black Gold to Oklahome via Ohio! I'm hopin' this is some kind of whacked out Coal Distance Record for All the Good Souls at the W.L.Hall Coal and Lime House of Carbon Finery!! And,just for the record,a Christmas Stocking was shipped with it! Again,Hat's off to Barry for Graciously Providing the Stove Size for this Deviant,Sordid Mission to spread the Joy and Heat that only the Black Rocks can provide!!! Yo-Ho to One and All!!

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Sat. Nov. 23, 2019 4:27 pm

Back from Tijuana MX. Three weeks of hell for Shelley but the preliminary results are great and now we work the cure and keep our fingers crossed. Geez, what the hell happened to the weather whilst I was gone.

Pays to have good buddies who have looked out for us and got the heat running.

and how about TJ itself? San Diego weather and perfect beaches. However, a chit hole from hell. Do not attempt this feat.

titleist1

Post by titleist1 » Sat. Nov. 23, 2019 4:34 pm

Good Mor...afternoon. Been running around since 7, i think its nap:30...

Ran up to Quarryville for a ton of rice, stopped for a real good egg sammich & coffee to go....got back and went to lumber yard for some trim to fix a neighbors door that was kicked in this week...stinkin' thieves....helped load up a dresser and some boxes into the truck of another neighbor....got back & stained the trim....shoveled the ton off the trailer to the coal bunker....checked another neighbors pressure tank...ran the dog through the woods... played with the stoker drive of the workshop stoker for a reply on here....time to heat up a plate and then nap time!!!

Having a trusted mechanic is more important than a trusted doctor. I have a local guy I trust that I use whenever I can for car work. I had dealer service tech try to screw me out of warranty work, had to go to another dealer that did it under warranty.

ziggy87
Stoker Coal Boiler: axeman anderson 130
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by ziggy87 » Sat. Nov. 23, 2019 8:38 pm

Good evening all. Had a busy day today. Replaced the heater core in my truck with the help of my mechanic. It’s nice to have friend that is a mechanic. We also replaced the pedal bracket. The clutch and brake pedals had a lot of free play. Well all is back together. Just need to do the heater lines, water pump and thermostat tomorrow morning. Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend.
Jason

Attachments

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Nov. 23, 2019 9:35 pm

Holy crap Ziggy! Did they suspend that heater core from the ceiling and build the truck around it? Yowza! Looks like that was an all day sucker.

ziggy87
Stoker Coal Boiler: axeman anderson 130
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by ziggy87 » Sat. Nov. 23, 2019 9:42 pm

It was not too horrible. We had the dash out in 2-1/2 hours. The worst part was the all the wiring going to the fuse block on the driver’s side. Dodge did not make them easy to replace. I will say that.

Return to “The Coffee House”