Coffee 10-26-2019

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Oct. 26, 2019 5:39 am

Oh yes! The java is ready & breakfast is on. Waffles & fresh fruit should get us going. A neighbor dropped off some home made maple syrup. Good stuff!

I went to a breakfast with fellow coal burners this week. I brought along a few stick matches & had a small ceremony handing out matches for the One Match Club. I hope the season goes well for them..... Although I do have a one dollar bet that Scotty's Axeman 130 will be cold by December 26th. LOL

It's time to clean up the yard.....make sure there's nothing for the snowblower to swallow. Also time to clean the garage. Every summer it loses room, every Fall I make room for two vehicles.

OK folks.... stay busy....wait! Relax! Take a day off. We all deserve one now & then.

CoalJockey
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Several EFM 520 refurbs...one 900, one 1300 mega-stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: (2) Warm Morning Stoves

Post by CoalJockey » Sat. Oct. 26, 2019 5:45 am

Good morning men

Out the door to get some lime down before the rain comes around noon. Perhaps check in later to see if anyone is still hanging around.

Have a great day!

gaw
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Post by gaw » Sat. Oct. 26, 2019 7:16 am

Greetings from Starbucks at M. S. Hershey Hospital. Wife has been in the ER since last night. It's amazing what needles in the wrong hands at a dialysis center can do in just a few short days. It's a long story, it's not life threatening at this time but needles to say I'm pissed.

Wednesday evening I was at the unveiling of the miner's portrait at Saint Luke's Miners Memorial Hospital. The man in the portrait was identified thanks to this forum. There is a thread about it that I will update when I get a chance.

I'm beat and I tried hitting the doc up for some amphetamine for the ride home but that was a no-go. Oh well, y'all have a good weekend.

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. Oct. 26, 2019 7:35 am

Oh yes Freddy that coffee is getting better by the day! I received my coffee beans from Burman coffee (first time i ordered from them) they seem like a nice family run business.
I don’t know about delivery drivers anymore :o i have a sign 30’ from the garage stating “ Do not put packages beyond this sign, Put them under the camper please” Thank you. Well my coffee beans were most drivers put packages “under the camper” but the camper was not there ( maybe i need to add or under the coal bin as its 15’ away from where i park the camper)so now they are in the middle of the driveway :no1: , Now lately the Amazon drivers like to put packages on the back of my flatbed so they can get lost when i drive away :what:, Well i guess common sense isn't so common anymore? Ok rant over.
We are enjoying our last trip of the year so now its time to turn my attention to the house and finish up the rooms I started 2 years ago!
Ok friends have a good weekend, stay safe, and enjoy the upcoming week.

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. Oct. 26, 2019 7:45 am

gaw wrote:
Sat. Oct. 26, 2019 7:16 am
Greetings from Starbucks at M. S. Hershey Hospital. Wife has been in the ER since last night. It's amazing what needles in the wrong hands at a dialysis center can do in just a few short days. It's a long story, it's not life threatening at this time but needles to say I'm pissed.

Wednesday evening I was at the unveiling of the miner's portrait at Saint Luke's Miners Memorial Hospital. The man in the portrait was identified thanks to this forum. There is a thread about it that I will update when I get a chance.

I'm beat and I tried hitting the doc up for some amphetamine for the ride home but that was a no-go. Oh well, y'all have a good weekend.
I hope everything works out Glen and yes i would be more then pissed!!

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Oct. 26, 2019 7:52 am

Mornin'
A good cuppa coffee for me. Thank you, Freddy.
Lit a 'wood' fire in the Herald to check it out-all is good!
Rotated parking spots for the lawm mower & snowblower.
We have almost 3 ton of 'black rocks' stacked in the basement.
Yup, Summer is gone, 'til next year. Forecast for next week-colder......well, it's November!!!!!!!
I think I'll have another cuppa coffee..............Enjoy the week-end, everyone!!!
Cheers

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Oct. 26, 2019 8:02 am

Good b-fast choice Freddy. Hope things turn out OK G. Prayers headin Momma's way. Gonna leave some hand churned butter!! Gotta get coal buckets filled--Amish neighbors kids--Been idling 50-93 since late Sept. Damn she's a good old stove if maintained properly. Enjoy the week-end all!! :)

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Oct. 26, 2019 8:20 am

Good morning everyone. I made a pot of Tim Horton's coffee to help get the hockey season started. We will be on the ice at noon.

Sunny day and what leaves remain are beautiful. I plan to get my leaf blower out and get the leaves away from the house...the South wind will do the rest.

BostonBob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman DVC500,Alaska Gnome 40
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by BostonBob » Sat. Oct. 26, 2019 8:35 am

Good Morning fellow black rock burners !!! Been a very busy summer !! Found a Harmon DVC 500 for $500, cleaned it up and installed it in place of the Gnome 40 (put that in the garage) fired the Harmon up yesterday for the 1st time !! The house was up to 90 before I knew it LOL !!! So far it’s running good, I did find when I was cleaning it up and testing it that the combustion blower was running backwards !!! Flipped the motor around and all is working as it should

Attachments

702836D8-B5BE-405A-88A0-54038A3988B2.jpeg

New to me Harmon DVC 500

.JPEG | 568KB | 702836D8-B5BE-405A-88A0-54038A3988B2.jpeg

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Sat. Oct. 26, 2019 9:29 am

Goodmorning all! Gaw hope your wife has a speedy recovery. Tried to beat the rain here but looks like I lost. Guess its gonna be a tinker in the shop day. Boston Bob nice looking fire. Same boat here small wood fire in the hitzer and windows are now open wifey to hot lol. 90° and heating the outside! Hope everyone has a great day. Pour another cup!

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Sat. Oct. 26, 2019 9:32 am

Morning all, thanks for the coffee Freddy. I shouted to you when I passed by the Carriage House Wen. I was visiting the Evergreen stove shop on the way back from the airport to Downeast after putting the wife and DIL on a plane for Tenn. Spent the last week up there as my mother quietly went beyond. It was a long 23hr ride back home, slept real nice last night.
We are thinking of you guys gaw, Mary was on the plane when she tried to call.....hope she gets better soon.
Wet and cool here, tropical whatever they call em nowadays passing thru.....hunting in S VA end of this week thru next week, look out bambi's.

Kevin

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Oct. 26, 2019 10:35 am

Greetings,my Fellow Coal Bust-Outs!
Just waiting for the Monsoon to arrive! Seems we'll get doused till Sunday afternoon! Plenty of inside stuff to do! Hope Fall has been treating All of You Well!
Glen,You and Momma keep punching this Deal that plagues her!

BunkerdCaddis
Stoker Coal Boiler: Bairmatic-Van Wert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Van Wert VW85H
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II working when I feel the desire, Waterford 105 out on vacation, Surdiac Gotha hiding somewhere
Coal Size/Type: pea/nut/rice/stove-anthracite, nut/stove bit when I feel the urge
Other Heating: oil fired hydronic

Post by BunkerdCaddis » Sat. Oct. 26, 2019 11:49 am

Good morning all,
Just got back from hauling a load of nut for the youngest son, now I've got a shingle on the roof to fix before it rains and then I'm back inside to work on finishing up swapping the Saey Hanover in for the Waterford finally. Coffee this morning was Dunkin' beans ground and then run through an AreoPress, something new and actually kind of convenient and made a nice cup of coffee.

GAW, trusting in the best for your wife, seems like that would be very frustrating.

Best of the weekend to everyone...

buffalo bob
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 354 and a 254
Coal Size/Type: anthracite nut

Post by buffalo bob » Sat. Oct. 26, 2019 12:23 pm

good morn all well the mighty hitzer 354 still going on one bucket a day thanks to help from window and door stats... if it wern;t for the stats i would be well done by now keeping house a 74 to 76 thanks to the stats...luv the lehigh nut... coffee was great this am..thanks take it easy all ..B.B.

hank2
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1400 WH ciculator; 1880's small cannon in reserve
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: small New Yorker oil fired boiler; mostly used for domestic HW

Post by hank2 » Sun. Oct. 27, 2019 12:37 am

gaw, I hope that your wife get's back on track and real soon.

My wife and I went to my 50th high school reunion tonight, near Reading. Yes, I am that old. We had about 75 classmates out of a class of 300 and many spouses. There were about 20 people that I was hoping would be there, but only one showed. Still a great time! It was sad to learn of a few that have passed that I didn't know of. We lost a couple in Vietnam and a bunch more later on from wounds and Agent orange.

I still haven't lit up. Not quite cold enough yet. It looks like it will be by late next week. I need to do a little re-gasketing first.

Return to “The Coffee House”