Der Coffee 7Sept2019

titleist1

Post by titleist1 » Sat. Sep. 07, 2019 10:53 pm

The grass cutting marathon got interrupted about noon when the spouse came to tell me we didn't have water. Got home to find out the pump was dead. It is 25 years old so I guess we got our money out of it.

Got my exercise pulling the 125' deep submersible out and by late afternoon we had it replaced and running. I noticed the house water filter catching a lot of rusty colored sediment so I'll keep an eye on that. I hit water with 40' of pipe to drop so I know I can raise the pump about 15' which may get into cleaner water...maybe...maybe not. The poly pipe was real clean, no sediment on it at all so I am hopeful raising the pump will help.

I was real happy / lucky seating the pitless adapter which is about 4' down the pipe and impossible to see...only took about 30 seconds. I bet if i pull it up to raise the pump like i am thinking, seating that thing will take me 2 hours since i used up all my luck the first time.

johnjoseph
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Other Heating: pellet stove, oil boiler

Post by johnjoseph » Sun. Sep. 08, 2019 6:03 am

High stepping like the chickens in th rain soaked yard....Dorian has exited and left many puddles in the chickens path. Fresh eggs, hash and toast this morning! Dogs are content with being lazy and the chhickens not so much. I was out at 4 am trimming trees for my 3 tons of coal to be delivered here in the woods...unbelievable how the trees have grown in and replenished since April. Hope you all have a wonderful day and are well.

CapeCoaler
Stoker Coal Boiler: want AA130
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine BS#4, Harman MKII, Hitzer 503,...
Coal Size/Type: Pea/Nut/Stove

Post by CapeCoaler » Sun. Sep. 08, 2019 1:56 pm

Road trip to Buzzards Bay to pickup a double school desk...
Played tourist a bit...
Hit the canal and RR bridge...
Weather is real nice...

pintoplumber
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Burnham number series 17
Other Heating: Oil, forced hot air. Rheem

Post by pintoplumber » Sun. Sep. 08, 2019 4:16 pm

titleist1 wrote:
Sat. Sep. 07, 2019 10:53 pm
The grass cutting marathon got interrupted about noon when the spouse came to tell me we didn't have water. Got home to find out the pump was dead. It is 25 years old so I guess we got our money out of it.

Got my exercise pulling the 125' deep submersible out and by late afternoon we had it replaced and running. I noticed the house water filter catching a lot of rusty colored sediment so I'll keep an eye on that. I hit water with 40' of pipe to drop so I know I can raise the pump about 15' which may get into cleaner water...maybe...maybe not. The poly pipe was real clean, no sediment on it at all so I am hopeful raising the pump will help.

Anytime you pull a pump, you stir up dirt. It should clear up for you. Normally a pump is hanging 20’ up from the bottom. Dennis

I was real happy / lucky seating the pitless adapter which is about 4' down the pipe and impossible to see...only took about 30 seconds. I bet if i pull it up to raise the pump like i am thinking, seating that thing will take me 2 hours since i used up all my luck the first time.

wilder11354
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Harman SF260 Boiler
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Coal Size/Type: nut or pea, anthracite
Other Heating: crown oil boiler, backup.if needed

Post by wilder11354 » Sun. Sep. 08, 2019 7:48 pm

Never met a woman named Dorian. Guess that explains all the weather channel hype, another government hype! Finally got last of bigger items in to apartment. lots more to move, sort through. 17 years in one location, which was gonna last. so selling/donating, or just plain trashing. All have a good week

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Mon. Sep. 09, 2019 5:35 am

Stay With It,Wild! You'll Always Have A Coffee And A Special Morning Bite Here At Freddy's! Carry On,Mister!

wilder11354
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Harman SF260 Boiler
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Coal Size/Type: nut or pea, anthracite
Other Heating: crown oil boiler, backup.if needed

Post by wilder11354 » Mon. Sep. 09, 2019 9:02 pm

Thanks Hambden Bob. So much to get rid of, small 2 Bdrm apt... no room for tools, weed whackers, etc, etc.

titleist1

Post by titleist1 » Tue. Sep. 10, 2019 7:10 am

pintoplumber wrote:
Sun. Sep. 08, 2019 4:16 pm
Anytime you pull a pump, you stir up dirt. It should clear up for you. Normally a pump is hanging 20’ up from the bottom. Dennis
I changed out the filter after 24 hours and it was coated pretty good. The next 24 hours settled down and not nearly as much sediment on the filter so it was the agitation from pulling and inserting the pumps.

From the well drillers report and the length of pipe I think I am at most 10' from the bottom and I've got 40' above the pump. I have been doing some reading of others experiences around the interweb and I plan to raise the pump about 10' and see how that works out long term on the filter replacement schedule. If I haven't been volunteered for anything this coming weekend I'll do it then.

Return to “The Coffee House”