Coffee 31Aug2019

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Aug. 31, 2019 7:24 am

Don't Shoot Me,I Just Kicked The Door In For Freddy! Short And Sweet,Happy Labor Day Weekend!

titleist1

Post by titleist1 » Sat. Aug. 31, 2019 7:38 am

Happy Labor Day everyone....enjoy the extra day if you get it!

I was going to try to get the first of 3 loads of coal for the winter but some family stuff interrupted my plans. Oh well....I have until December before I'll run out but it looks like I missed the summer pricing Stoker Don mentioned.

Talking about summer pricing....we topped off the propain tank last week for .90 / gallon on a tank owned summer special. It was only Facebook advertised which my wife pays attention to...i guess that F-Book is good for something. I think that is the cheapest we ever paid. Last delivery was Fall of '17, it gets used for hot water, dryer, cooktop and furnace in shoulder months. Took just about 2 years to use 350 gal.

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Aug. 31, 2019 9:48 am

Nice!! If You don't sweat catching every good Deal in this Crazy Life,You'll actually be OK!!

BunkerdCaddis
Stoker Coal Boiler: Bairmatic-Van Wert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Van Wert VW85H
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II working when I feel the desire, Waterford 105 out on vacation, Surdiac Gotha hiding somewhere
Coal Size/Type: pea/nut/rice/stove-anthracite, nut/stove bit when I feel the urge
Other Heating: oil fired hydronic

Post by BunkerdCaddis » Sat. Aug. 31, 2019 1:05 pm

titleist1 wrote:
Sat. Aug. 31, 2019 7:38 am
I was going to try to get the first of 3 loads of coal for the winter but some family stuff interrupted my plans. Oh well....I have until December before I'll run out but it looks like I missed the summer pricing Stoker Don mentioned.
Thanks for the reminder titleist, I did run down to Reese's and picked up 1 1/2 ton and just got back. He did tell me to try and get it earlier because supply looks to be low this year. If I can get another 2 yet this fall I'll be set for the year. I'll get a ton or so of some Bit in October hopefully and things will really be good.

Have a pleasant weekend all.

wilder11354
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Harman SF260 Boiler
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Coal Size/Type: nut or pea, anthracite
Other Heating: crown oil boiler, backup.if needed

Post by wilder11354 » Sat. Aug. 31, 2019 1:34 pm

working on staging for moving bigger items. Monday got an AA friend to help. He will bring a few friends to move furniture's that i physically can't move. His pick-up truck and trailer. Yet there are a lot of smalls that i need to sort thru, trash/donate/ or just throw away. ENJOY! semi-retired working 45 hours this week at P/T job! Moving so it all will help with setting up/paying for apartment rental/moving costs. Hitzer 50-93 still available! $400 isn't a lot for a great stove!

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Aug. 31, 2019 4:39 pm

Mornin all--NOT even close!! LOL Good of ya to start this HB. Been workin on the Knucklehead most of today, lil mowin, just getttin ready for old man winter!! Enjoy the weekend people.

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Aug. 31, 2019 4:57 pm

Good afternoon. Just finished bringing my son's ATV back to life. Carb was gummed up, and the bowl was held on with headless screws! That's right...no head on the screws. Had to drill them out. Thankfully the idle jet was easy to clean and two screws from a junction box were a perfect fit.

Have a good weekend everyone.

samhill
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage

Post by samhill » Sat. Aug. 31, 2019 9:10 pm

Thanks for the coffee HB, are you going South for damage control or staying local? By the way I was over your way on Thursday at the hospital for a meeting with my wife's group & a talk from a Dr. DeBlasio which was ultra interesting. Hope all stay safe & productive, speaking of which I still have to get my coal!

gaw
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Post by gaw » Sat. Aug. 31, 2019 10:20 pm

Canadian coffee HB, eh?

I woke up in New Jersey today and had to grab a coffee on the way, I couldn't even stop to drop a deuce for fear HB would kick the door to the stall in. I told the boss how the best part about going to Jersey is the trip home, he said good here you can go again and enjoy the trip home one more time. The upshot is I get to go home tomorrow and have labor day off.

Funny seeing Fred talk about old man winter when he's old enough to be his grandfather. Don't worry though Fred, there's nothing wrong with getting old because it beats the alternative.

Hey wilder, you know what they say? A friend is someone who helps you move, a good friend is someone who helps you move a body.

Have a great holiday weekend.

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Mon. Sep. 02, 2019 6:46 am

Mornin'
Hope everyone is having a good Labor Day week-end. The weather, eh.......little bit of everything.
HB, thanks for getting the coffee perking. Guys, where did 'August' go ? A couple more weeks, and Summer is done for this year. Have a good week, all.
Cheers

Return to “The Coffee House”