Coffee 8-24-2019

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Aug. 24, 2019 7:46 am

*yawn* Nice to sleep in, but the coffee is ready now & it's time to get a move on! Too late to cook, so it's raisin bran & off we go.

Mow lawn.... laundry day.... replace U-joints in Scotties F-350. Hope you have as much fun today as I will!

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Aug. 24, 2019 8:04 am

Yo Ho,Carbon Kids! Coffee at The Bay! After the way this week pounded me,I'm going to perform an Autopsy on myself,then resurrect and restore! There's a tasty NE wind pushing an October Sky,a high of 70*,and not a hint of heat and humidity! Yay! Hope You All Enjoy It!

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. Aug. 24, 2019 8:17 am

Good morning boys and how's things? I'll take the coffee Freddy and I guess I will eat my leftover taco pizza from last night :yes: .
Hambden Bob wrote:
Sat. Aug. 24, 2019 8:04 am
There's a tasty NE wind pushing an October Sky,a high of 70*,and not a hint of heat and humidity! Yay! Hope You All Enjoy It!
Oh ya HB I'll take this any day, I've had my fill of hot humid weather for the year!!

Not much going on just getting caught up on house work and such, Ok friends I have some running to do so enjoy the weekend and stay safe :) .

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Sat. Aug. 24, 2019 10:21 am

Overcast and cooler.....nice. Slept late also Freddy, thanks for the coffee to wake up. Should be working on the house but will probably go to the boat and relax......not many weekends left even here..
Enjoy the start of your fall weather everyone,

Kevin

CoalJockey
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Several EFM 520 refurbs...one 900, one 1300 mega-stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: (2) Warm Morning Stoves

Post by CoalJockey » Sat. Aug. 24, 2019 12:03 pm

Out the door again before I ever woke up. Not the roughest week but a terrible headache yesterday nearly put me out to pasture. Much better today.

The trucks are all washed, tailgated some stone for a neighbor and now the lawn mower derby can begin. Meeting some extended family tonight at a pizza shop, looks like a beautiful evening to be out.

Have a good one guys!

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Aug. 24, 2019 2:34 pm

Mornin'( Way late today)
A beautiful day to mow the lawn. I managed to get a pallet of Lehigh (nut) into the basement this week, and, put in my order for a pallet of Blaschak (stove) for next month. Need to get a couple cords into the woodshed, and we will be set for the Winter. Easy Summer, now it's time to go to work.
Enjoy the cool temps everyone.
Cheers

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Aug. 24, 2019 5:53 pm

High 70*--low last night 41*--gonna be a strange fall me thinks!!! lil mowin today--gotta put up hay for the winter--1st cutting sucked (cow weeds)--2nd is real nice. Movin coal from pole barn to bins. Probably got plenty till HEAP kicks in, in Oct.????

KLook

Post by KLook » Sat. Aug. 24, 2019 9:27 pm

How about an update on the feet FF? Sounds like you are not being easy on them and I understand....I always bucked the Dr.s and sage advice and healed quicker then most. But age is real.

Kevin

freetown fred

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Aug. 24, 2019 9:52 pm

Indeed it is Kevin. MRI on both feet or the remainder of same come Mon.. It will tell more what I'm keepin & what more I'm losin!!! Like you, I'm not very good sittin on my ass & whining. I'll post when the results come back. Next appt. with vascular surgeon Sept. 5.

KLook

Post by KLook » Sat. Aug. 24, 2019 10:09 pm

Thank you FF, and best of luck as usual to you. I just did a nuclear heart test as my family kegs at 60 and I just turned 59 in July. Lost another 1st Cousin at .....60 just a few weeks before I went to Maine......I may seize up and die on the basketball court, I have warned my friends of it, but I am trying to understand it while not slacking back one bit. If I am going to go, it will be on my terms, diving for a loose ball or outjumping a bigger man for a rebound....wide open is the only way to live.....

Kevin

freetown fred

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Aug. 25, 2019 7:37 am

Indeed K. I made it back from the Nam at 21. (ALIVE) Big Creator gift I'm thinkin! It's this piece mealin that's kinda getting to me. It's like I'm a science project for these modern day "Docs" that's wearin me kinda thin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway, woke up to another day suckin air & I'm a happy camper!!!!! LOL

gaw
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Post by gaw » Sun. Aug. 25, 2019 10:26 am

Coffee and booze! It’s been a weekend of social gatherings and another reunion today. One thing for sure the weather ‘round here is beautiful. Yay for global warming.

Yes Kevin, getting older sucks. My dad made it to 62, his dad made it to 37. I sometimes wonder if I should start to get my things in order or am I good until about 87 or so? Dad’s brother is still living independently at 93.

Hope all goes well Fred, be your own advocate or get your daughter to advocate for you. Not all doctors are created equally. I try to do right for my wife and her problems and if doctors tell me things that don’t make logical sense to me I challenge them to make me understand. I am not too impressed by their education level, if they know what they are doing they can explain what they want to do and why and it should make sense, if not get a second opinion. if they get offended, don’t go back.

OK, carry on.

freetown fred

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Aug. 25, 2019 9:04 pm

Thanx G. This vascular surgeon is the 3rd opinion--1st was, take both legs below the knee--2nd was take left leg below the knee. This one is trying to save all that can be reasonably saved. The fkn pain is just WAY consistent!! Oh well, we'll see what the MRI shows tomorrow. Definite bone infection!! How far is the question.

Return to “The Coffee House”