Coffee 8-17-2019

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Aug. 17, 2019 3:21 am

*yawn* Why am I awake? Oh, well.... The coffee is on, so come on in and enjoy a cup. Scrambled eggs & home made toast? OK!

Loons.... Here's a link to 8 loons having a town meeting. I missed the first 30 seconds..... I didn't know it was a long song!

It's near that time of year to think about coal. I have three friends that burn bagged coal & we are plotting to buy a 23 ton load so they can each have a third. Trucking prices are higher than ever. ( I guess all prices are) Anyone got a flat bed trucking company they like? The coal itself is going up mid September by $10 a ton, so, buy early if you can. I didn't realize that bagged coal is about $45 a ton extra. Last I knew I thought it was $20ish a ton more.

Thanks for keeping the coffee hot while I was gone. I might sneak out for an extendo camp fest in a week or three. If I'm not here some Saturdays.... Party on!

Still lots of summer left. Forward we go!

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. Aug. 17, 2019 7:21 am

Good morning folks and how’s everyone this fine morning? We are ok the wife and kids are still asleep and me and the dog are enjoying the nice quiet morning by the fire :D
Thanks for the video Freddy that looks very peaceful! I would take the sounds of nature over loud obnoxious people any day! I need to top off my bin for the year as i only have around 3 tons so ill be looking to bring some back with me if i can make it to M&G this year( any good coal dealers around Harrisonville Tyler? ;)
Wow already the middle of August the wife is back at school and the kid starts Monday! Man where did the summer go? Oh well time flies but we made the best of it and enjoy ourselves ( i hope everyone did the same).
Ok friends have fun and enjoy the rest of your stay.

gaw
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Post by gaw » Sat. Aug. 17, 2019 7:31 am

Good morning, I know why I was up at 2:30 this morning Freddy, a pickup hit a utility pole out in front of my house. That adrenaline rush was enough to keep me from getting any more sleep after all the emergency responders left. I also have a wrecked truck in my driveway. I left them drag it there to get it off the road, it will need a flat bed because the left front wheel is busted and hanging all cockeyed.

I think I'll try mowing the grass until lack of sleep catches up and I have to crash.

Everyone be safe and watch out for poles. It's mating season for poles and they're on the move now.

samhill
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage

Post by samhill » Sat. Aug. 17, 2019 7:43 am

Good morning all & welcome back Freddy. Not much going on here but thanks for the reminder to get my coal, I was actually considering giving my replacement hip a break & hold off this year but I do like the extra warmth. Think I'll try one bag at a time instead of two but then it means more trips, just can't win. Anyhow stay safe & productive, strange weather this year so better to be prepared for anything.

BunkerdCaddis
Stoker Coal Boiler: Bairmatic-Van Wert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Van Wert VW85H
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II working when I feel the desire, Waterford 105 out on vacation, Surdiac Gotha hiding somewhere
Coal Size/Type: pea/nut/rice/stove-anthracite, nut/stove bit when I feel the urge
Other Heating: oil fired hydronic

Post by BunkerdCaddis » Sat. Aug. 17, 2019 7:58 am

Good morning everyone, Thanks for the reminder on getting coal Freddy. I keep saying I need to get it this year and it doesn't get done. I've used up most of my pile so I need to replenish this year.
Keepaeyeonit wrote:
Sat. Aug. 17, 2019 7:21 am
I need to top off my bin for the year as i only have around 3 tons so ill be looking to bring some back with me if i can make it to M&G this year( any good coal dealers around Harrisonville Tyler? ;)
One of the best, W L Hall Lime & Coal Inc is in Loysburg not far from the M&G. They generally have Bit and Ant.
Have a pleasant weekend all...

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Sat. Aug. 17, 2019 8:15 am

No truck crashes, just a loose dog the neighbors daughter brought to their house and left him untied in the back yard....they are out of town....caught him once, drove iron bars down behind gate, he jumped out, caught him again and put him in my enclosed yard.......Stayed with us until we went in for the night, jumped our fence and gone......Woke up wondering where he is? Nope, I ain't taking him, we are and will remain pet free. To busy to worry, heading to the boat again this weekend.
Have a great weekend and spray those crickets with something to shut them up....lol

Kevin

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Aug. 17, 2019 8:49 am

Morning all!

I very much enjoyed that "loon song" Freddy, thank you.

I talked to my coal supplier last week about getting 5 ton. "They said you better make sure you buy enough to get through the Winter". Apparently the constant wet weather last year and early this year has seriously hampered mining operations. This means that prices are about $10 higher and will go up even more next month. Also they expect to be short on supply in mid-Winter.

Today we will be doing some work on the 944 + Chevy V8 project, cleaning the fines out of the coal bin and mowing the lawn.

Have a good week everyone!

-Don

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Aug. 17, 2019 9:34 am

Yo-Ho,Coalers! I'm a Day Late and a Dollar Short,as usual!! Been busy Funeralizing my last Uncle! I've only had two in this Life,and they've both "checked out" within six months of each other. They both went Long,as Lenny hit the mark at 93,and now "Big Red",my Dad's only Brother,made it to 90. Both were Real Characters of High Quality! They taught by how they Lived Their Daily Lives! Too Good!
Past that,it's real nice to see how the tables' set here this morning. Good Company,Good Coffee and Good Coal! Just a Tad Unbeatable,Ehh? Carry On!!

mntbugy
Hand Fed Coal Stove: D S 1500, Warm Moring 400
Baseburners & Antiques: Art Garland 145,GW114 ,Clarion 115, Vestal 20 Globe,New Royal22 Globe, Red Cross Oak 56,Acme Ventiduct 38,Radiant Airblast 626,Home Airblast 62,Moores #7,Moores 3way
Coal Size/Type: stove and nut and some bit
Other Heating: Propain

Post by mntbugy » Sat. Aug. 17, 2019 10:42 am

KLook wrote:
Sat. Aug. 17, 2019 8:15 am

Have a great weekend and spray those crickets with something to shut them up....lol

Kevin
Spray the dang Cicada. They make a a hell of a racket compared to crickets.

CoalJockey
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Several EFM 520 refurbs...one 900, one 1300 mega-stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: (2) Warm Morning Stoves

Post by CoalJockey » Sat. Aug. 17, 2019 12:42 pm

Keepaeyeonit wrote:
Sat. Aug. 17, 2019 7:21 am
I need to top off my bin for the year as i only have around 3 tons so ill be looking to bring some back with me if i can make it to M&G this year( any good coal dealers around Harrisonville Tyler? ;)
This would be the best fuel mileage you can ever get towing home a load of coal... put her in Georgia Overdrive at the top of Sideling Hill on Route 30 and you can coast clear to your driveway! We are app. 20-30 miles West of the M&G location, would be glad to fix anyone up with a load.

Thanks for the compliment BC! Our customers are very important to us, we try our best.

Need to get the grass mowing ceremonies under way, will be attending the final Altoona Curve AA baseball game for the year. This is their last home stand on a weekend and the weather is beautiful so we must go. I see season tickets in the future for next year, the boys love it.

Have a great week!

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Aug. 17, 2019 12:45 pm

Mornin'(late)
Yay!!! The 'gourmet chef' is back in town. And, he brought 'music' to the diner's coffee shop!!!

Enjoy, Cheers

CapeCoaler
Stoker Coal Boiler: want AA130
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine BS#4, Harman MKII, Hitzer 503,...
Coal Size/Type: Pea/Nut/Stove

Post by CapeCoaler » Sat. Aug. 17, 2019 12:59 pm

Spoke with Matt...
Don't forget Lehigh Bulk summer prices...
End September 16...

BunkerdCaddis
Stoker Coal Boiler: Bairmatic-Van Wert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Van Wert VW85H
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II working when I feel the desire, Waterford 105 out on vacation, Surdiac Gotha hiding somewhere
Coal Size/Type: pea/nut/rice/stove-anthracite, nut/stove bit when I feel the urge
Other Heating: oil fired hydronic

Post by BunkerdCaddis » Sat. Aug. 17, 2019 2:44 pm

CoalJockey wrote:
Sat. Aug. 17, 2019 12:42 pm
This would be the best fuel mileage you can ever get towing home a load of coal... put her in Georgia Overdrive at the top of Sideling Hill on Route 30 and you can coast clear to your driveway! We are app. 20-30 miles West of the M&G location, would be glad to fix anyone up with a load.

Thanks for the compliment BC! Our customers are very important to us, we try our best.
CJ.. If the stars align just right I hope to get to the M&G this year and then grab some more of the Fisher Nut if you have it, I really had fun burning that last year.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Aug. 17, 2019 6:43 pm

Well, Momma's kids & grand-daughter were here for a couple days--steaks, corn & potatoes on the grill--fireworks, grand-daughter playin with the dogs & horses--target shootin--damn if the 7 yr. old isn't a good shot. Me & Momma are whupped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL Enjoy the week-end all. :)

coaledfeat
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1982 efm df520
Coal Size/Type: Cornwall rice
Other Heating: VC winterwarm wood

Post by coaledfeat » Mon. Aug. 19, 2019 9:47 am

Estate grooming [lawn care] ,out on the boat, county fair in two weeks. Eight tons of rice delivered. Lots of deposit bottles to return. What a great summer!!

Return to “The Coffee House”