Is it just me?

lincolnmania
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 350
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: reading allegheny stoker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: alaska kodiak stoker 1986. 1987 triburner, 1987 crane diamond
Coal Size/Type: rice

Post by lincolnmania » Sat. Jul. 20, 2019 6:19 am

working inside this week. rebuilt a ford ranger to make money to buy wiring and conduit for the shop.
i have a 12,000 btu air conditioner in the shop running. it is set at 75 degrees. it barely runs. inside of the shop is about 900 square feet. i did buy two 12,000 btu window units for the shop, have not hooked up the second one yet.
sure glad i sprung for all that insulation goodness!

my room is about 440 square foot, it is the second floor of the addition and i did not insulate it so well (i was 20 when i designed it and dad and i built it with some help from a guy that didn't know what he was doing either lol)
there is no attic, the drywall is on the ceiling, the living room side is 8' with 4 windows and a door and the bedroom side starts out at a 4' high knee wall at the bed. ceiling is almost 10' in the center. r19 insulation in the ceiling and r13 in the walls. the 12,000 btu air conditioner up here is set at 72 degrees. it has run all day and all night, it just shut off around 5 am for a few minutes.

gaw
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Post by gaw » Sat. Jul. 20, 2019 6:30 am

franco b wrote:
Fri. Jul. 19, 2019 3:58 pm
Who knew it gets hot in July? AOC knew that's who.
I heard a sound clip of AOC talking about this weekend’s heat wave and she said “it’s only July” Is this broad that stupid or does she laugh herself to sleep at night knowing she got away with bamboozling millions of millennials.

I remember many hot summers in my lifetime and days at 100 and above. Yesterday we were in the lower 90’s and I took an afternoon walk of almost 7 miles and didn’t mind it at all. The wife who watches TV all the time was worried I would surely drop dead and wanted me to forgo my walk. :o

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Sat. Jul. 20, 2019 6:38 am

Spent a good bit of yesterday working lying under a 1928 car. I have lots more work to do under there today, too. So glad I don't have stand on a ladder and replace a fabric roof on this one, that concrete floor stays much cooler than the air temps.

Paul

mntbugy
Hand Fed Coal Stove: D S 1500, Warm Moring 400
Baseburners & Antiques: Art Garland 145,GW114 ,Clarion 115, Vestal 20 Globe,New Royal22 Globe, Red Cross Oak 56,Acme Ventiduct 38,Radiant Airblast 626,Home Airblast 62,Moores #7,Moores 3way
Coal Size/Type: stove and nut and some bit
Other Heating: Propain

Post by mntbugy » Sat. Jul. 20, 2019 7:24 am

mkline wrote:
Fri. Jul. 19, 2019 8:58 pm
I have a fan blowing on me, sitting in my underware, drinking a Yuengling Black and Tan while listening to some '70s and '80s rock. I think it will be OK!

Mike
PS I'll spare you the picture of me sittin in my underwares :clap:
Sounds like me in January with my tropical IAT.

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Sat. Jul. 20, 2019 7:47 am

I heard a sound clip of AOC talking about this weekend’s heat wave and she said “it’s only July” Is this broad that stupid or does she laugh herself to sleep at night knowing she got away with bamboozling millions of millennials.
I can pick my nose with one finger and that is not so hard either. Now if she could run a S-130 coal boiler that would be something else. Then I would have some respect.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Jul. 20, 2019 9:13 am

REAL iffy Simon!!

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Jul. 20, 2019 9:23 am

I just got an email from our utility with tips about how to reduce the energy load through the hot weather. Apparently they are expecting a big load.

Meanwhile, I am in Burlington Vermont for the Vermont Brewers Festival. I have a big hat, and plan to drink lots of fluids. :clap:

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Jul. 20, 2019 9:31 am

Dear Diarreah:
I'm making what might be my last entry today. I'm frozen(no pun intended) with fear,and I don't know what to do. The Weather Channel,and AOC are telling me that not only are We going to die from the Heat,but the Damned Dinosaurs are going to Rise Again in order to pick off any Survivors... At damned near 59,I'm Totally Lost... Everything my Dad and Mom taught me is gone,forgotten or dismissed. All my memories of growing up in the Long,Hot Summers of the 60's has been deemed Invalid!
I'm shutting off the AC now,as well as turning my Main Breaker off. It's the least I can do to Save The Planet!
If anyone finds this,please don't piss yourself reading it and deeming it completely assinine... This was my Life!

CapeCoaler
Stoker Coal Boiler: want AA130
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine BS#4, Harman MKII, Hitzer 503,...
Coal Size/Type: Pea/Nut/Stove

Post by CapeCoaler » Sat. Jul. 20, 2019 10:37 am

Darwin has an issue with Air Conditioners...
What did the world do before...
Oh *censored* they had common sense!!!
Head down to the lake/river/shady spot...
Stay cool everyone...
Summer camp had no AC...
Cabins were not insulated...
We had soccer/tennis/basketball every day...
Western MA gets hot and humid...
We did have the lake/drinks and shade when we needed it...
We all survived...

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Sat. Jul. 20, 2019 1:40 pm

I'm shutting off the AC now,as well as turning my Main Breaker off. It's the least I can do to Save The Planet!
If anyone finds this,please don't piss yourself reading it and deeming it completely assinine
Please send close up photos of you as you vanish in a pile of sweat, I need entertainment. Fusion energy turned around in 2013, be patient ... screw stupid solar and wind. To think we lost our board comedian prematurely due to that AOC moron.... OH, OH... FF will now tell me that is an iffy comment. Damn my mint tea glass is empty and the movie is boring.

I could drive over to Sussex fairgrounds and watch the Grand Prix horse dressage classes, The last one I attended in 2013 the heat index was 110 on the Saturday afternoon and girls were fainting from the heat. I refused to give mouth to mouth as those women are real scary looking. I have my standards.:D :D :D

Thank God for A/C. I know FF, that is insensitive as well. :D

Plenty of power reserves now Bob is in the dark....

https://www.nyiso.com/

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Jul. 20, 2019 3:37 pm

Scarey indeed Simon--thank God for mint tea!! :)

franco b
Site Moderator
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Post by franco b » Sat. Jul. 20, 2019 3:39 pm

Bob is building up sweat equity and gonna be rich.

gaw
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Post by gaw » Sun. Jul. 21, 2019 6:17 pm

Two more hours to go and I will have survived the worst heat wave on record! And it's only July. How hot will it be by December? God help us all.

I will admit I may have drank a little more because the news said to do so but I may have done it on my own had I not heard the news. Either way I made it.

Return to “The Coffee House”