Early coffee? 6-29-2019

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Fri. Jun. 28, 2019 11:55 am

I'm off to North camp.... Back...... someday! I'll leave the coffee just a button push away. You're on your own for breakfast!

Hope you all have a smooth weekend.

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Fri. Jun. 28, 2019 1:00 pm

Freddy,
It's 85* outside, and I am enjoying an 'Ice Coffee'.
So, retiring let's you sneak outta town early, huh!!!!!! Enjoy the week-end, Freddy.
Cheers

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Fri. Jun. 28, 2019 6:04 pm

Good afternoon friends, Well I'm not drinking coffee Freddy but I,m enjoying a nice cold Crown and ginger ale :yes: Enjoy your self Freddy :)
Have a good evening people.

CoalJockey
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Several EFM 520 refurbs...one 900, one 1300 mega-stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: (2) Warm Morning Stoves

Post by CoalJockey » Sat. Jun. 29, 2019 5:54 am

That’s a fantastic idea Fred. It’s not the early hour I am used to but it is early enough for a Saturday. Today will be very busy.

Tri-axle needs washed and greased and the Kobelco loader still needs the water pump and radiator installed back into it. The grass mowing ceremonies will commence again this afternoon and we will top it all off with a graduation party for our friends oldest son.

I have a renter at the old house now so most evenings this week were spent on some plumbing issues but they are now moved in and everything’s alright at the moment.

I don’t think I will be doing much of anything tomorrow other than resting and playing with the boys. Have a great weekend!

tsb
Stoker Coal Boiler: Binford 2000
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Pioneer top vent
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II
Baseburners & Antiques: Grander Golden Oak , Glenwood # 6
Coal Size/Type: All of them

Post by tsb » Sat. Jun. 29, 2019 7:55 am

Going motorcycle camping at Cherry Springs State park tomorrow through Tuesday. Weather looks good for riding and star watching. Have a safe week ahead.

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Sat. Jun. 29, 2019 8:15 am

Heading for our camp......the boat which is in dry storage and launched when we request....Gonna be a scorcher but that is ok.
Looking at acquiring a Goldwing in the next year or so tsb....going to ride up in the mountains between here and there. lol.

Kevin

johnjoseph
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Other Heating: pellet stove, oil boiler

Post by johnjoseph » Sat. Jun. 29, 2019 8:16 am

My chickens have been in overdrive since being let loose on the 1/2 acre fenced in run; 3 dozen eggs daily for a little over a month, up from 1 dozen average over the winter. Completed some needed fence repairs this morning and hauled off two trapped foxes to a location 10 miles away.

No coffee, but having some fresh egg three cheese omelets, homemade Amish bread and sausage to compliment; Bartered with my Amish neighbors for the bread and sausage.

Hope all is well for everyone in your neck of the woods...light rain and T-storms here.

Planning ahead for the upcoming winter; I got my 6 tons of coal bought @ 285 a ton and delivery set for October. Used 5.5 tons this past year up by 2 tons from the previous year. Hopefully, the weather cooperates so I can stretch 6 tons over 2 seasons.

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Sat. Jun. 29, 2019 8:31 am

Sipping my Kickin' horse coffee and contemplating my navel.

Getting a Direnzo TT rice load Monday and I need to get the Caterpillar back on top line and clean the damned tracks so the coal stays clean. Yesterday, I put in new batteries ... long overdue ... I'm getting to weak .. they were heavy. My friend Gary at Leiby trucking seems to get a kick out of this place. I would rather be chilling as it going to be too hot for my tastes but whatever. I need a day at the beach swimming in Lake Hopatkong ... perhaps my duck pond would be safer. All the grandkids descend on me July 4. A weekend of terror is ahead but I love them.

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Jun. 29, 2019 4:28 pm

Good afternoon. Lawn is mowed, oil changed in the Expedition, and a cooler is packed. We are headed to a 4th of July party at a local truck shop. The shop is big enough to be a hockey arena, and they have tons of BBQ and a fireworks display that is the envy of most towns in the area.
CoalJockey wrote:
Sat. Jun. 29, 2019 5:54 am
I don’t think I will be doing much of anything tomorrow other than resting and playing with the boys. Have a great weekend!
You could have taken a trip North and gone to the party with me. All the local truckers, loggers, and farmers will be there. Put it on the calendar for next year.

CoalJockey
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Several EFM 520 refurbs...one 900, one 1300 mega-stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: (2) Warm Morning Stoves

Post by CoalJockey » Sat. Jun. 29, 2019 10:09 pm

Sounds like my kind of people Rob, what a party. I would fit right in... bring your own C-15. I think your temperatures might have finally risen enough to suit my Southern tastes too.

I bet I still need a flannel for my skinny arse after the sun goes down though and you done left the EFM go out.

kcarr
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA-600 Custom & Probably the only guy in America with my Stoker Boiler in my Den.
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Oil as back up, mostly used for summer domestic hot water

Post by kcarr » Sun. Jun. 30, 2019 5:20 pm

Barry,
Crown Royal hits the spot...hope you did not buy that bottle Saturday Morning, looks almost empty !
6/27, I just shut down the stoker for the summer too hot here.. now run hot water backwards by gravity into
stoker from oil burner...keep stoker hot 130F so hopefully no rust...clean out when I get around to it.
Fire up again mid September... Have a good summer everybody !
Ken

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Jun. 30, 2019 5:29 pm

Mowin all done, shut down & did maintenance on 50-93 yesterday. 4 days for her to go out. Filly's just keep getting bigger!! :)

Return to “The Coffee House”