Coffee 6-22-2019

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Jun. 22, 2019 6:37 am

Tis the first coffee of the summer. Come on in & join us for a moment. & that's all I have, is a moment. I have a breakfast date with neighbors at the Coachhouse restaurant. Corned beef hash & eggs over easy. You can come, or you can stay here & enjoy the coffee.

Hope you all have a smooth and productive weekend. If you leave now you can make it to the Whoopie pie Festival in Dover.

Later!

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Jun. 22, 2019 7:20 am

Mornin'
Thanks for making the first pot of coffee, Freddy. I think we can keep the pot perking, maybe, one of us will cook!!! Enjoy your breakfast, Freddy.
First coffee of Summer, I love it. That will be my "Whoop-eeee" pie today. Take care, everyone, and have a great week-end.
Cheers

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. Jun. 22, 2019 8:08 am

Good day gents and hows everyone this beautiful morning? well its nice here anyways! Thanks Freddy and enjoy your breakfast :yes: .
I was swimming in mud last weekend camping on lake Chautauqua :no1: but we did make the best of it ( drank and ate more thats all :D ) oh well haven't figured out how to change the weather yet so all you can do is deal with it!! Not much going on this weekend here just finding little odds and ends to do to keep me occupied.
Have a good weekend friends :)

gaw
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Post by gaw » Sat. Jun. 22, 2019 8:34 am

Thanks for the coffee, I needed that. I think I had one too many beers last night. Since when is four Yuenglings too many? Getting old sucks, back in the day four was just a good start.

A weekend of nice weather forecast here and the weeds are out of control. Time to mow. This summer is shaping up to be a lot like last summer. The past few weeks have been tough on the outback area as I call it. I had everything cleaned up this spring and was considering some trees to cut down this fall after mowing ends and wouldn’t you know Mother Nature took two of those trees out for me and laid them nicely where I mow.

I better get at it or I might change my mind. Have a good weekend and be safe out there.

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Sat. Jun. 22, 2019 11:33 am

I think I had one too many beers last night. Since when is four Yuenglings too many? Getting old sucks, back in the day four was just a good start.
Oh wow! I hear ya there! Can't partake of the good beer and even the light stuff is kicking my butt....

Bad storms have been popping up, and running thru as fronts for days now....another batch due any time now.....we are not as drowned as you guys but it is always wet it seems.....and 90% humidity in between. Todays batch is ruining a boat day......Hope for tomorrow.
We leave for Maine on the 11th, shorter stay this year. Hope to bring back some fresh Mackerel and my brother got me a Halibut. pricey but oh so good.

Off to finish some more of the screened in porch....pics someday, lol.

Kevin

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Jun. 22, 2019 1:04 pm

Good Day,Gang! Holy Cow,We're experiencing a rare rain free weekend so far at the Bay! Outrageous!!

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Jun. 22, 2019 7:28 pm

Outstanding coffee Freddy--thanx! Serious rain & flooding here all week--beautiful today--bush-hogged most of the day--talk about getting old--I'm BEAT!!!!!!!! Enjoy the weekend people.

titleist1

Post by titleist1 » Sun. Jun. 23, 2019 7:10 am

Late for yesterdays coffee....

We had a dry day...low humidity....so it was grass cutting day here and at the old Chapel cemetery.

Along with some drywall mudding at a couple places. Got one coat on early morning at one place and it had set by evening for the second coat to be done. It is a patch job for a neighbor who had a leaky pipe in his attic which would have meant a small repair on the one wall. Except he stepped through the ceiling while fixing the pipe which means a bigger repair! :)

CapeCoaler
Stoker Coal Boiler: want AA130
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine BS#4, Harman MKII, Hitzer 503,...
Coal Size/Type: Pea/Nut/Stove

Post by CapeCoaler » Sun. Jun. 23, 2019 5:07 pm

Durabond is your friend...
20, 45 and 90...
Then skim with your premixed compound...

titleist1

Post by titleist1 » Mon. Jun. 24, 2019 7:57 am

Dang...He is really good! Much better than me....the key point he glosses over is when he mentions if you "do it a million times".... :lol:

He needs to steal a mixer beater from the kitchen for his durabond mixing like i did instead of the knife fold method! Chuck it in the cordless and you're good to go! :yes:

Like he said...its important to know when to quit messing with it wet and if you're not happy sand it and hit it again after its set.

I cheat using a corner knife and usually wait for the verticals to set up before working the ceiling corner or I end up messing up the vertical. :no1:

I end up with mostly the same finish as him except I take longer, sand more and use more mud. I tell people I can't do drywall for a living because I am too slow and cost too much! But jobs this small the pro's don't want to waste their time on. These neighbors have been trying to get somebody for the last two months with no luck.

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Mon. Jun. 24, 2019 9:45 am

I managed to get someone to do the mudding .... me ..... with an 11' ceiling and I am really slow and my shoulder hurts. A leaking roof caused that one that I had to fix first. It took for ever to dry. Before I get back to that one I have to dig out stuck equipment in pulling out the DB I popped a steering knuckle. Photos all taken today, ignore the dates.

Shelley is in WPB as her mom is getting ready to die.

The barn help is still recovering from the Puss caterpillar thing.

Attachments

100_1082.JPG
.JPG | 192.3KB | 100_1082.JPG
100_1083.JPG
.JPG | 243.9KB | 100_1083.JPG
100_1084.JPG
.JPG | 881.7KB | 100_1084.JPG
100_1085.JPG
.JPG | 440.4KB | 100_1085.JPG

coalnewbie

Post by coalnewbie » Mon. Jun. 24, 2019 10:11 am

Time for a nuclear response.

Attachments

100_0672.JPG
.JPG | 514.4KB | 100_0672.JPG

titleist1

Post by titleist1 » Mon. Jun. 24, 2019 11:55 am

coalnewbie wrote:
Mon. Jun. 24, 2019 9:45 am
I managed to get someone to do the mudding .... me ..... with an 11' ceiling and I am really slow and my shoulder hurts. A leaking roof caused that one that I had to fix first. It took for ever to dry. Before I get back to that one I have to dig out stuck equipment in pulling out the DB I popped a steering knuckle. Photos all taken today, ignore the dates.

Shelley is in WPB as her mom is getting ready to die.

The barn help is still recovering from the Puss caterpillar thing.
Sorry to hear about the MIL.

Regarding the ceiling.....11'? I've got the stilts so it would reachable!! :D Last time i used the stilts was to redo the vinyl soffitt in the front of the house so i wouldn't need to move the ladders and i hit a hole and fell into the pine tree...no injuries, just sticky from sap. no pics or video thankfully.

It's not like you don't have a coal stove or two to fire up so it would dry much quicker. :out:

Forgot to mention i am glad i use the technical term boogers just like the pro's!

coalnewbie

Post by coalnewbie » Mon. Jun. 24, 2019 12:17 pm

I've got the stilts so it would reachable!!
Yeah right, you young bucks are a riot.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Wed. Jun. 26, 2019 8:28 am

New SAFER project--1947 HD knucklehead

Attachments

009.JPG
.JPG | 60.6KB | 009.JPG
008.JPG
.JPG | 72.8KB | 008.JPG
007.JPG